Thread: Singapore Old Supreme Court

Default Singapore Old Supreme Court

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
    Composition, IQ, Framing

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
    Gives the impression of this place is blooming with power.

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
    Bright and sunny day.

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
    I think it gives a "wow" and dramatic impression on first look, but that's only my opinion. Need a better feedback.

GG by ahkek, on Flickr

Default Re: Singapore Old Supreme Court

the processing seems a bit overdone for me.

Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    the processing seems a bit overdone for me.
    Yes I do agree.

Though you did a pretty good work on the editing section, your composition pulls it down with what you are trying to achieve.
    Instead of "blooming with power" it is glooming from power. I reach to this perspective when I see the clouds covering the sun and hence, dispersing the sun's rays from your subject. and perhaps you could have done some touch up with the background like removing the towering block of flat behind it, it would look a tad grandeur.

Well, the cloud does gives your pic drama. Power in general to me would be height (tall) and majestic (big) compared to other buildings. Perhaps you could have focused or cropped more towards your subject to eliminate distractions and hence may achieve the wow effect.

Quote Originally Posted by tazifier View Post
    Yes I do agree.

Though you did a pretty good work on the editing section, your composition pulls it down with what you are trying to achieve.
    Instead of "blooming with power" it is glooming from power. I reach to this perspective when I see the clouds covering the sun and hence, dispersing the sun's rays from your subject. and perhaps you could have done some touch up with the background like removing the towering block of flat behind it, it would look a tad grandeur.

Well, the cloud does gives your pic drama. Power in general to me would be height (tall) and majestic (big) compared to other buildings. Perhaps you could have focused or cropped more towards your subject to eliminate distractions and hence may achieve the wow effect.
    Alright, noted and thanks alot! Never thought of removing the block behind until you pointed it out.

Is it HDR B&W?
    Its' dramatic effect is exellent.
    It did somehow put emphasis on the status of the building.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafael View Post
    Is it HDR B&W?
    Its' dramatic effect is exellent.
    It did somehow put emphasis on the status of the building.
    Yep it is, actually it's my first attempt on HDR.