Thread: Imation Stakka

Default Imation Stakka

Hi All,

Has anyone got this disc storage from Imation?

http://gallery.clubsnap.com/data/500/12276Stakka.jpg

Who on earth would need this kind of storage system? I'm not saying this is a stupid innovation, it's just that it may be targeted at the wrong market--the mass consumer market, and I wonder how many units they managed to sell during Sitex...

Actually i fine it quite neat, by storing all our disc in it. But i wonder if there is a programme provided that help us to retrieve our targetted disc/folder/files. If there is, it might be a good storage library.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan11
    Actually i fine it quite neat, by storing all our disc in it. But i wonder if there is a programme provided that help us to retrieve our targetted disc/folder/files. If there is, it might be a good storage library.
    Yes, it has.
    1st u load ur CD to CD-ROM for the software to obtain an image data of the CD, follow by giving a name to the CD. Then, load this CD into the Stakka, it will prompt u if this is the CD u just imagined. From there, the Stakka will knows which CD has what files/folders in it.
    To recall any files/folders, just do a Search with the software & click 'Edject', the particular CD will edject within seconds. u can even add a password for it.

This is especially useful when u have a lot of 'homemade' CDs, DVDs with photos & MP3. U no longer need to squeeze the MP3 titles OR photo onto the CD surface.

actually I find this would be a killer gadget to have if it have a built in CDROM drive.

Quote Originally Posted by rueyloon
    actually I find this would be a killer gadget to have if it have a built in CDROM drive.
    To think of it, it will add cost. Moreover, U got CD, then DVD, and then HD-DVD coming out, so on & on..... never ending. Matter of time CD-ROM will be out.

Jus hope that the price will drop below $200, currently it is $239.