Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 36

Thread: Feel disconnect from friends?

  1. #1

    Default Feel disconnect from friends?

    Hi guys,
    would like to share some problem and hopefully can get back some suggestion.
    Before i went into relationship, my friends and i were close, we always slack , study , call each other out.
    But after my first year in relationship , i felt "disconnect" from them. They did not call me out , and perhaps forgot about me.
    However, i miss them alot and my girlfriend "controlled" me so i couldn't contact them or meet them out at all, if not she would be unhappy with me.
    I tried telling her that i feel like meeting up with my friends as i miss them but she say in an unhappy tone :" Go meet lo , i dont mind de , go lo"
    What will you guys do?

  2. #2
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Feel disconnect from friends?

    Listen to your heart.

  3. #3
    Senior Member bonrya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    In a mobile cage
    Posts
    2,633

    Default

    Dump her.
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

  4. #4
    Moderator ed9119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,929
    Blog Entries
    26

    Default Re: Feel disconnect from friends?

    your friends might also feel that you have a 'new' best friend and they dont want to play lamp post

    but yeah, listen to your heart because we dont know your gf or your group of friends nature and character .....
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

  5. #5

    Default Re: Feel disconnect from friends?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Listen to your heart.
    hahas heart is kinda messy right now :

  6. #6

    Default Re: Feel disconnect from friends?

    Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    your friends might also feel that you have a 'new' best friend and they dont want to play lamp post

    but yeah, listen to your heart because we dont know your gf or your group of friends nature and character .....
    I love my girlfriend and i love my friends but i cant get both the same time . Do you guys felt like this before?

  7. #7

    Default Re: Feel disconnect from friends?

    Quote Originally Posted by bonrya View Post
    Dump her.
    But i love her.

  8. #8
    Senior Member bonrya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    In a mobile cage
    Posts
    2,633

    Default Re: Feel disconnect from friends?

    Quote Originally Posted by MelodyMusic View Post
    But i love her.
    Don't listen to strangers on the Internet.
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MelodyMusic

    But i love her.
    I put it this way to you.

    Now you both are just bf/gf status, and u r already this problem. Think abt when u actually marry her, what do u think of the consequences to your life?

    U will be so hen pecked that u have no face to meet other ppl...... Be a man to wear the pants.

    A woman who doesn't care about your well being, is a woman who doesn't love you enough.

    U love her? Define your love?

    Are u sure she loves you as much as you love her?

  10. #10

    Default Re: Feel disconnect from friends?

    your question can be better answered on Flowerpod forums. because the girls there know better to handle the situation. guys will always give you a manly solution, but one that will not solve anything.

    i had a situation much like your's years back. in the end, i broke up with the girl because it was harming my relationship with my friends.
    i saw her everyday, but when i told her that i was going to meet my god-sister or friends whom i' haven't met in months, she would throw a huge temper tantrum and allege that i
    love my friends more than i do, or allege that i was seeing my god-sister behind her back. none of these arguments lasted more than a few days, but they were nasty.

    in the end, i would just tell her "i'm going to meet them, like it or not. stop your nonsense and grow up.". and i did. not that i didn't care for her, but she was being too much

    looking at the grounds of break-up:

    - complains when i hug my god-mother
    - complains when i go out with my friends
    - complains when i go out with my god-sister
    - complains when i go clubbing
    - bad temper and very, very jealous
    - etc......

    however, we don't know her, and neither do we know you personally. the best way is to talk things out calmly with her, and if she doesn't change, then it's time to say bye. no point staying in a relationship when there is no love. controlling someone isn't love, but is more like having a pet that you can play with as and when you like (as you said, controlling).

    but then again, you're 18. i suppose she's around that age too. girls at that age will do that. and if she does continue that way and continues to frustrate you, you have to re-think whether this is what you want. at 18, your goals in life will not really be firmed up yet. and frankly speaking, a girl like that will hold you back from doing what you want to do.

  11. #11
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: Feel disconnect from friends?

    Dump her before she dump you lah, teenage puppy love don't last long one.
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 5th February 2012 at 03:22 AM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  12. #12

    Default Re: Feel disconnect from friends?

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    your question can be better answered on Flowerpod forums. because the girls there know better to handle the situation. guys will always give you a manly solution, but one that will not solve anything.

    i had a situation much like your's years back. in the end, i broke up with the girl because it was harming my relationship with my friends.
    i saw her everyday, but when i told her that i was going to meet my god-sister or friends whom i' haven't met in months, she would throw a huge temper tantrum and allege that i
    love my friends more than i do, or allege that i was seeing my god-sister behind her back. none of these arguments lasted more than a few days, but they were nasty.

    in the end, i would just tell her "i'm going to meet them, like it or not. stop your nonsense and grow up.". and i did. not that i didn't care for her, but she was being too much

    looking at the grounds of break-up:

    - complains when i hug my god-mother
    - complains when i go out with my friends
    - complains when i go out with my god-sister
    - complains when i go clubbing
    - bad temper and very, very jealous
    - etc......

    however, we don't know her, and neither do we know you personally. the best way is to talk things out calmly with her, and if she doesn't change, then it's time to say bye. no point staying in a relationship when there is no love. controlling someone isn't love, but is more like having a pet that you can play with as and when you like (as you said, controlling).

    but then again, you're 18. i suppose she's around that age too. girls at that age will do that. and if she does continue that way and continues to frustrate you, you have to re-think whether this is what you want. at 18, your goals in life will not really be firmed up yet. and frankly speaking, a girl like that will hold you back from doing what you want to do.
    Thanks for your advice, i would try to talk to her.Hopefully she would understand.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Feel disconnect from friends?

    Nowadays people are becoming more and more selfish unconsciously. This is a societal problem and you can't fix that overnight.

    However I will advice that a relationship cannot be an isolate. A relationship itself has relationships with many other things/people. This could mean parents, friends, colleagues, her girlfriends etc.

    I've seen many of my friends suffer like this and do not wish you brother will too.

  14. #14
    Senior Member edutilos-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    5,991

    Default Re: Feel disconnect from friends?

    Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    I put it this way to you.

    Now you both are just bf/gf status, and u r already this problem. Think abt when u actually marry her, what do u think of the consequences to your life?

    U will be so hen pecked that u have no face to meet other ppl...... Be a man to wear the pants.

    A woman who doesn't care about your well being, is a woman who doesn't love you enough.

    U love her? Define your love?

    Are u sure she loves you as much as you love her?
    But some people like to be henpecked mar.

  15. #15
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Feel disconnect from friends?

    Quote Originally Posted by MelodyMusic View Post
    Before i went into relationship, my friends and i were close, we always slack , study , call each other out.
    But after my first year in relationship , i felt "disconnect" from them. They did not call me out , and perhaps forgot about me.
    Don't be sad.

    You can always come to ClubSnap to look for your new friends.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Feel disconnect from friends?

    clubsnap will be your new girlfriend..

  17. #17
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Feel disconnect from friends?

    Quote Originally Posted by surrephoto View Post
    However I will advice that a relationship cannot be an isolate. A relationship itself has relationships with many other things/people.
    This is very true.

    Even if you're married it shouldn't prevent you from having close relationship with your supplier if she is beautiful one.


  18. #18
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Feel disconnect from friends?

    Quote Originally Posted by kazuksho View Post
    clubsnap will be your new girlfriend..
    Where got so many females in ClubSnap?


  19. #19

    Default Re: Feel disconnect from friends?

    Quote Originally Posted by kazuksho View Post
    clubsnap will be your new girlfriend..
    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Where got so many females in ClubSnap?

    i thought that one Sion = 100 women?

  20. #20

    Default Re: Feel disconnect from friends?

    go! don't let your gf take away your youth! (:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •