Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cantopop singer embroiled in legal battle over wedding pictures

Default Cantopop singer embroiled in legal battle over wedding pictures

Another case.. but this happen in Singapore.
    For privacy, money? Decide yourself!

Cantopop singer embroiled in legal battle over wedding pictures

Default Re: Cantopop singer embroiled in legal battle over wedding pictures

actually there is no case here. It's obviously the singer's greed and stupidity.
    XMM comes to my shop, see nice things, trying to save some money, borrowed them to shoot nice pictures, promised to give me the images .... then what do you expect me to do with these images she gave me? expect me to forward to bro SION?
    always the Light, .... always.

From business point of view, if the bridal shop is not allowed to use the photos, then why would they want to lent the gown to the "celebrities"?
    Looks like a trap to me ... borrow the gown ... then give the images to the shop ... and after they use it, sue them.... $10,000 for each of the 30 shots, totol is $300,000. Noting that she claimed she received $85,000 a year in publicity endorsements., it is close to 4 yrs of her publicity endorsements income, sounds too good!

Did she EXPRESSLY give permission for the studio to use the images in the wedding shoot DVD, in its coffee table book?
    Did she EXPRESSLY forbid the studio to use the images in the wedding shoot DVD, in any publication?
    She may have a case. She did not forbid them beforehand from doing something, does not mean they can do it.

She wants money. She was lent the expensive gowns free. After using the free gowns, she gave a DVD of her photos to the shop.
    The whole case hinges on whether it was a quid pro quo for the loan of the gowns. Giving the studio a copy of a DVD to see her wedding photos does not mean they can use it in a commercial publication. But asking for $10,000 for each of the 30 photos means $300,000. Is her public image worth that much? After all, she is not an international Oscar winning actress or a famous singer with 10 platinum albums track record.

Actually most of us here in CS never heard of her before reading this thread. So finally there may be 1 more motive behind this suit. She desperately wants visibility.

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    Actually most of us here in CS never heard of her before reading this thread. So finally there may be 1 more motive behind this suit. She desperately wants visibility.
    As the Cantonese would say: "lei mat sui ah?" (who the F*** are you?)

Blog Entries

1. WHO is she?
    2. To rent a wedding gown for a week or 2 is already not cheap not to mention she took so many....... what the bridal shop 'pays' in lending her the gowns has to logically be equivalent of what the shop will get back in return .... even implied

And there seems to be more than a few precedents in the past with more famous personalities weddings in Singapore .... and the sponsoring bridal shops have used these personalitie's images for their own promotion .... everyone happy

Wang should have had Wong sign an agreement with the appropriate clauses

But at this stage .... looking for potential $300,000 when her endorsement income per year is so little ..... she is making herself look like a predator, cheap and scheming .... and paying lawyer fees to do it too !! lolzzz
    Last edited by ed9119; 4th February 2012 at 12:12 PM.
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    Did she EXPRESSLY forbid the studio to use the images in the wedding shoot DVD, in any publication?
    I doubt she did that (in black and white), else she would have won the case easily.
    On the other hand, the studio is experience enough to know that without stating in black and white that the photos are exclusive, they can justify using the photos given they are lending the gown which easily cost few thousand dollars.
    She is perhaps naive enough or think too highly of herself that the Bridal studio will lent her the gown for free in exchange of images on CD which they can't use at all!

On a separate incident that happen a few years ago, there was this lady who approach me for a TFCD shoot together with her male friend who is so called an actor (or celebrity) with mediacorp but she doesn't want me to use the images at all. Sounds like doing me a big favor by letting me shoot! In the end, I simple ignore her email

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    1. WHO is she? ... never heard of her
    她以为她是张柏芝and her laogong is 谢霆锋

Blog Entries

my apologies..... she probably IS famous ..... my ignorance might be due to I have not been to the KTVs at Balestier Rd often enough to stay up to date on the who is hot and who is what gossip
    Last edited by ed9119; 4th February 2012 at 12:18 PM.
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    my apologies..... she probably IS famous ..... my ignorance might be due to I have not been to the KTVs at Balestier Rd often enough to stay up to date on the who is hot and who is what gossip
    Ignorance is no excuse ... it's probably Nature's way of preparing one for grandfatherhood

Quote Originally Posted by yewkwang View Post
    On a separate incident that happen a few years ago, there was this lady who approach me for a TFCD shoot together with her male friend who is so called an actor (or celebrity) with mediacorp but she doesn't want me to use the images at all. Sounds like doing me a big favor by letting me shoot! In the end, I simple ignore her email
    Not too long ago, we were in China, and a friend with his very beautiful female senior police officer volunteered herself for me to shoot in her private hotel room for some sexy shots. After 2 hours of hardwork, she asked me to let her copy the images to her pc. No problem, gave her the SD card and she "cut and paste" all the images .... how to ask the images back?

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    Not too long ago, we were in China, and a friend with his very beautiful female senior police officer volunteered herself for me to shoot in her private hotel room for some sexy shots. After 2 hours of hardwork, she asked me to let her copy the images to her pc. No problem, gave her the SD card and she "cut and paste" all the images .... how to ask the images back?
    Don't write anymore to the card, use image recovery software to recover the images

Like when someone asks you to delete a photo, delete it infront of them and retrieve it later
    It is the camera, not the photographer.
    my flickr - adamloh.com

oh, show us the photos once you recover!
    It is the camera, not the photographer.
    my flickr - adamloh.com

Quote Originally Posted by adamadam View Post
    oh, show us the photos once you recover!
    that's about 2 years ago! didn't want to get into trouble with a well-connected senior police officer in China

I guess probably she was too experienced with all the notti guys intention ...

Next time use a camera with dual card slots, then save the images to both card. After shoot, give her one card and you keep the other one.. both of you go home and stay happily ever after

Quote Originally Posted by yewkwang View Post
    Next time use a camera with dual card slots, then save the images to both card. After shoot, give her one card and you keep the other one.. both of you go home and stay happily ever after
    haha, you still living in a fairyland? modern xmm are more high-tech than unkers!

haha, you still living in a fairyland? modern xmm are more high-tech than unkers!
    age is catching up ...

There is no free lunch.

I think she is just sore that she didnt get any money from the shop thats all. And the lawyer sure encourage her to sue sue sue else how to squeeze some $ too? Like judge said, its all for the money

Actually you still have ALL the images after [cut & paste]. She does not know it. Any image recovery program will easily retrieve ALL the images from the SD card.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast