Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Anyone got a 328DTZ? Can meet up and try?

  1. #1

    Default Anyone got a 328DTZ? Can meet up and try?

    Anyones who owns a 328DTZ... and is free to meet up to let me try...???

    I noe JimDavis owns one... (hint Hint)

    I wonder if 328DTZ is good enough to do shot with Wcon07, cos after attaching Wcon07, it would be 24.5mm... but 328DTZ only have options to switch utill 28mm... Would the shots be taken still have the circular black blog at the centre bottom...

    Cheers...

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hong Jia
    Anyones who owns a 328DTZ... and is free to meet up to let me try...???

    I noe JimDavis owns one... (hint Hint)

    I wonder if 328DTZ is good enough to do shot with Wcon07, cos after attaching Wcon07, it would be 24.5mm... but 328DTZ only have options to switch utill 28mm... Would the shots be taken still have the circular black blog at the centre bottom...

    Cheers...
    I don't have the 328 but have the Vivitar 283, sure can meet up and let you try but.... can I also try your Wcon07 or not. Cos' me going to China next week, hoping to get or ..... borrow one wcon for the trip. I can meet you tomorow morning if I remember to bring.

  3. #3

    Default

    Hmmzzz...

    Sure, is the vivtar 283 voltage safe...??? hmmmz but if ur fz10 never die i think i should be safe ritez...?

    I don't mind to meet tomolo morning... should be free... and call me to confirm.

    Cheers...

  4. #4

    Default

    hmmmzz... oh no...

    http://www.botzilla.com/photo/strobeVolts.html

    Alex, read this vivtar 283 got very high and inconsistent voltage... might fried ur fz10... i can lend u my wcon07 to try, but i don't dare to try the flash... Sorry, juz to be safe.

    Cheers...
    Last edited by Hong Jia; 2nd December 2004 at 02:10 PM.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hong Jia
    hmmmzz... oh no...

    http://www.botzilla.com/photo/strobeVolts.html

    Alex, read this vivtar 283 got very high and inconsistent voltage... might fried ur fz10... i can lend u my wcon07 to try, but i don't dare to try the flash... Sorry, juz to be safe.

    Cheers...
    no worry, it's ok. I've been using mine since day 1. you worry too much , they mentioned is older version where those use it for film body. Mine are the newer version where the vol. is only around 5V. Will try to locate the thread from dpreview. Me too spend quite some time to find a good ext. flash, that's why ended with this one. .
    As for the wcon07, it's ok. I think I might get one myself.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hong Jia
    Anyones who owns a 328DTZ... and is free to meet up to let me try...???

    I noe JimDavis owns one... (hint Hint)

    I wonder if 328DTZ is good enough to do shot with Wcon07, cos after attaching Wcon07, it would be 24.5mm... but 328DTZ only have options to switch utill 28mm... Would the shots be taken still have the circular black blog at the centre bottom...

    Cheers...

    Just thinking if we should organize an outing, not only for the testing for the flash, but also, we can gather together, have some food, beer, and chit-chat...

  7. #7

    Default

    Thanks, Alex, one thing to note before getting wcon07, make sure the flash works well with it...

    Cheers...

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hong Jia
    Thanks, Alex, one thing to note before getting wcon07, make sure the flash works well with it...

    Cheers...
    So how? You still want to test the flash?? PM me if you are still interested, I can bring to you, and you can test it yourself...

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by awongkk
    no worry, it's ok. I've been using mine since day 1. you worry too much , they mentioned is older version where those use it for film body. Mine are the newer version where the vol. is only around 5V. Will try to locate the thread from dpreview. Me too spend quite some time to find a good ext. flash, that's why ended with this one. .
    As for the wcon07, it's ok. I think I might get one myself.
    Yo helpful Alex!

    Just wonder if you know any trick to overcome shots taken with external flash using the Portrait position?

    I realized that if we were to take in the Landscape position, you can use the flash bounce to bounce the lights off, but if it is shot using the Portrait position, and if you try to bounce the light, likely the object that you are taking will be half over-exposed, and half under-exposed.

    Any idea how to overcome it?

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    260

    Default

    I'm not sure about your flash, but mine seems to be ok. whether it's lanscape or potraits. Like this one , (btw I'm using the omnibounce)


  11. #11

    Default

    How much is the Vivitar 283? What about the Suntax 328DTZ? Where can I get the best deal including the Omnibounce.

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by awongkk
    I'm not sure about your flash, but mine seems to be ok. whether it's lanscape or potraits. Like this one , (btw I'm using the omnibounce)


    Yours is less obvious, but I still can tell that your flash was at your left hand side when you took the photo...you can see that the right hand side of the photo is darker than left hand side, that's exactly what I meant, though your photo is less obvious because you have the subject stayed close to the cam.

  13. #13

    Default

    according to the zoom range, it is advisable that you do not use the flash when using wide converter bc the coverage of the flash would not be as wide after the lens is fixed on.
    If you are shooting in complete darkness, only then you will see the 'oval' effect. If during normal indoor shooting, the dark area should not be obvious..

  14. #14

    Default

    Most pple say this problem can be overcome by using an external flash, i was juz curious if there is any requirement of the flash to overcome this problem, as i mention most external flash support up to 28mm...

    Getting a 328DTZ this weekend, AP say this weekend then got stock... Well i guess, if the external flash can't fix the problem, the u will see a WTS: Olympus Wcon07... Haaa... With the Wcon07 on, unless there are strong lightings, the pictures dun turn out sharp and abit on the soft side.

    Now budget tight... cannot afford fanciful flash, beside just start up on photography... dun need to get so good stuff... expensive hobby...

    Cheers...

  15. #15
    Senior Member azul123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Eastern Bloc
    Posts
    2,776

    Default

    Hi Hong Jia,
    Want to get a flash also, maybe can get cheaper if buy together? if you are ok with me tagging along let me know where and when is a good place to meet.

    By the way, how much does 328DTZ cost?

    ../azul123

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    260

    Default wcon with external flash

    well, I've got my wcon08B, (a huge one) and tested out at home with my external flash (Vivitar 283).
    1) Hook on and at 0x zoom, taken with flash
    Result = will see a dark half round at the bottom.

    2) Zoom to 1X
    Result = half round dark patch still visible. (but smaller)

    3) Zoom to 2X
    Result = half round dark patch still visible. (but even smaller)

    4) Zoom to 3X, 4X and above
    Result = well... the dark patch is total out.

    The above were taken without using the wide conversion in the menu.
    Will try to post the result. (if i can find some time to squeze it in)

  17. #17

    Default

    Hiz Azul,

    Nice seeing u here, u from PPCSG too ritez, Currently 328DTZ is selling at $60 both at AP and MS. Though i heard pple got 328DTZ at 50 dollars @ AP, why i choose to buy it at AP, cos they sell the square plastic diffusier at 10 dollars, so i tot since i buy both there, i can try the diffuiser and see it if fits, MS selling the diffusier at 25 but maybe different quality that why price difference. I am not really good at bargaining, but i feel that 60 is quite a good price for a flash.

    Alex > when u zoom in 4x 5x, is there light fall out on the side of the prices. The Wcon07 i using cannot zoom at all or else got light fall out on the sides.
    if u zoom 4x would be like 35 x 4 x 0.8 = 112mm then would be defeating the purpose of having a wcon... which is to step down to 28mm to make the picture look wide...?

    Just 2 cents.

  18. #18
    Senior Member azul123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Eastern Bloc
    Posts
    2,776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hong Jia
    Hiz Azul,

    Nice seeing u here, u from PPCSG too ritez, Currently 328DTZ is selling at $60 both at AP and MS. Though i heard pple got 328DTZ at 50 dollars @ AP, why i choose to buy it at AP, cos they sell the square plastic diffusier at 10 dollars, so i tot since i buy both there, i can try the diffuiser and see it if fits, MS selling the diffusier at 25 but maybe different quality that why price difference. I am not really good at bargaining, but i feel that 60 is quite a good price for a flash.
    Hi Hong Jia,
    Yes, me from PPCSG... I am really just starting out with this interest. Bought me a FZ20 during SITEX. Ordered the Phayee adapter tube and should get it by today or tomorrow. Buying a WCON07 in about an hours time, so looking out a TCON, may be going for a Raynox 2020Pro 2.2X. All these are recommendations from friends, have no clue what these does but believe it should be ok for to get started.

    I saw that Kegler and John Teoh is this forum, if all goes well will be seeing John Teoh in the same basic photography course happening this Sunday. Nice seeing fimiliar names here.

    Let me know if you don't mind me tagging along and buy the exact same stuff you are, sorry lah copycat a bit.

    PM you my HP if you are ok buying these stuff together.

    ../azul123

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    North East
    Posts
    97

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hong Jia
    Currently 328DTZ is selling at $60 both at AP and MS. Though i heard pple got 328DTZ at 50 dollars @ AP
    I bought mine around 2 weeks ago for S$48, without bargaining, in AP sim lim. Glad that I did that.... but did not manage to get the diffuser though... i had to resort to the omni bounce for Nikon SB24, which is exactly the same size, from CP for 30 bucks.... couldn't wait for AP to restock since I needed it urgently

  20. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by awongkk
    well, I've got my wcon08B, (a huge one) and tested out at home with my external flash (Vivitar 283).
    1) Hook on and at 0x zoom, taken with flash
    Result = will see a dark half round at the bottom.

    2) Zoom to 1X
    Result = half round dark patch still visible. (but smaller)

    3) Zoom to 2X
    Result = half round dark patch still visible. (but even smaller)

    4) Zoom to 3X, 4X and above
    Result = well... the dark patch is total out.

    The above were taken without using the wide conversion in the menu.
    Will try to post the result. (if i can find some time to squeze it in)
    The one that I am having now will not have that effect if I zoom from 1x onward...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •