Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nikon d90

I m new of Nikon ,,,, and just started.
    As my friend said, I bought 17-55mm lens for my d90. But still not sure about purpose of this lens,since he go bk his country.
    Can anyone tell me about this lens,pls?
    Thank for interest my post....

Default Re: Nikon d90

Quote Originally Posted by buetheepote View Post
    As my friend said, I bought 17-55mm lens for my d90. But still not sure about purpose of this lens,since he go bk his country.

I'm not sure why you added in the irrelevant information about what your friend said and where he/she is at the moment. What does it have to do with your lens and camera?

So you currently possess a Nikon D90 camera and the AF-S DX 17-55mm f/2.8 lens?
    Your question "can anyone tell me about this lens" is really non-specific. What are you trying to find out?
    If you bought it at a camera store, you would know that it costs quite a lot of money.
    And if you held it, you would know that it weighs quite a bit.

what else do you need to know? It has a focal range of 17 to 55mm and a maximum aperture of f/2.8
    You could get such information from a review website like dpreview or photozone, etc.
    Exploring! :)

Blog Entries

please dont OT other's people thread, you can create your own thread.

but before doing that, please "google nikon 17-55" thanks
    Lousy de My Flickr

Apart from your impoliteness crashing into other people thread and the irrelevant stuffs: you can take pictures with that lens (in case you missed this point).
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by buetheepote
    Haha. I'm sorry. I want to assist, but your question doesn't help at all.
    KF Photography
    Thanks for viewing!

This lens is for you to mount on your camera and shoot photos that is the main thing about a lens, right?

And it is a great lens with great optics, good focusing speed and accuracy and the such. It is a zoom lens, whereby you can go from ultrawide (17mm) to short tele (55mm) range, which is something like x3 zoom.

And if you want for information, be more specific.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Hi,

Like what the others have said, there is just too many comparisons between lenses. It is impossible to answer your question here. Try going to KenRockwell.com: Photography, Cameras and Taking Better Pictures. You will definitely find your answers there. Before you try and understand the review though, you should understand the basics of photography.

On a side note, the 17-55 is considered a professional grade lens. So please take good care of it

Quote Originally Posted by kachang90 View Post
    Hi,

Like what the others have said, there is just too many comparisons between lenses. It is impossible to answer your question here. Try going to KenRockwell.com: Photography, Cameras and Taking Better Pictures. You will definitely find your answers there. Before you try and understand the review though, you should understand the basics of photography.

On a side note, the 17-55 is considered a professional grade lens. So please take good care of it
    Oh god, the worst site possible... KRW... LOL
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by kachang90 View Post
    Oh, yes! KRW provides even answers for questions not being asked ... quite entertaining if one has some basic understanding, but misleading for newbies. There are many more and much better basic guides for newbies.
    Cambridge in Colour - Photography Tutorials & Learning Community - Check the tutorials.
    EOS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12