Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 345671015 ... LastLast

Thread: PENTAX K-01 & smc PENTAX-DA 40mmF2.8 XS - Official Embargo Date: 2/2/2012

Default Re: PENTAX K-01 & smc PENTAX-DA 40mmF2.8 XS - Official Embargo Date: 2/2/2012

Awwww, so cute, can even take photos with the body cap.

I betcha that japanese are gonna buy loads of this camera.

Default Re: PENTAX K-01 & smc PENTAX-DA 40mmF2.8 XS - Official Embargo Date: 2/2/2012

picture is picture but i will reserve judgement till actually hold it and use it.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

FW, you've brought up a first again for this small sub-forum.

'Fugly', looks retro-industrial to me. Not really not ugly though. Just like the Q when it 1st came out, I'm pretty sure I'd like it in the flesh.

The 40xs makes me want to get it already.

Now for price....

The left most one with the black colored dials looks the best to me and more of a retro camera.
    Last edited by pinholecam; 2nd February 2012 at 08:21 AM.

i personally think that its nice - good mix between design and functionality. all the impt buttons are there and the overall package is quite attractive.

i'm just waiting to see some pix of the K01 next to a K5 to see the size difference.

i actually like it but i have no budget for another camera body at the moment so will just have to wait for someone else to buy it and let me hands-on.

Frank, if u get your hands on one, lets meet for beer ok?

the whole camera is pretty alright to me EXCEPT for that bulge where the mode dial is. i'd rather have my mode in a menu setting than have that ugly bulge..

Quote Originally Posted by darrrrrrrrrr View Post
    the whole camera is pretty alright to me EXCEPT for that bulge where the mode dial is. i'd rather have my mode in a menu setting than have that ugly bulge..
    Agree. Thats my only dislike of the design in fact. That dial bulge seems to break up the balance of the camera design.
    Anyway, if you look at the left most one with black dials, the dials are black, so its not so obvious (and to me it looks the best)

Hmm.... High chance there'll be an EVF for hotshoe attachment I believe. Haha! I like the lens though!!
    Pentax Kr, Pentax Super A
    K105/2.8, Fa*24/2, A28/2, A35/2, A50/1.4, A*85/1.4, A100/2.8, A135/2.8

[Rant] The design seems to be a concentrate of past Pentax ugly designs, ignoring all the ME, MX etc good looks, slap on a designer name, use whatever left of K5's production line, and sell it a price close/higher than K5.[/Rant]

Somehow I was wishing this didnt happened and its more of a GXR w/ K-mount....

Quote Originally Posted by detritus View Post
    i personally think that its nice - good mix between design and functionality. all the impt buttons are there and the overall package is quite attractive.

i'm just waiting to see some pix of the K01 next to a K5 to see the size difference.

i actually like it but i have no budget for another camera body at the moment so will just have to wait for someone else to buy it and let me hands-on.

Frank, if u get your hands on one, lets meet for beer ok?
    Suddenly I got a few beer party invitations Where were you guys during the CNY holiday?

Quote Originally Posted by fengwei View Post
    Suddenly I got a few beer party invitations Where were you guys during the CNY holiday?
    Ok ... how about we being the beer to your house instead?

Quote Originally Posted by kof88 View Post
    [Rant] The design seems to be a concentrate of past Pentax ugly designs, ignoring all the ME, MX etc good looks, slap on a designer name, use whatever left of K5's production line, and sell it a price close/higher than K5.[/Rant]

Actually I don't care about how a camera looks.

I care how my photos look and whether the camera feels good to use... Naturally everyone has their own priorities and perhaps how a camera looks plays a part in whether you feel good when using it.. But my priority is pragmatism. The idea of the mirrorless camera is a concentration on limiting size. Squeezing out maximum utility and operational ease despite this limited size is the challenge, and whether this is done well remains to be seen for now. But looking good is not a priority as I've said already. Which is why I've looked at the Fujifilm X100 for such a long time now and have not even thought of buying it. It's a beautiful thing I admit, but good to look, doesn't mean good to use (or useful).

Quote Originally Posted by darrrrrrrrrr View Post
    I prefer a physical mode dial. A camera can't have enough dials and buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    Actually I don't care about how a camera looks.

I care how my photos look and whether the camera feels good to use... Naturally everyone has their own priorities and perhaps how a camera looks plays a part in whether you feel good when using it.. But my priority is pragmatism. The idea of the mirrorless camera is a concentration on limiting size. Squeezing out maximum utility and operational ease despite this limited size is the challenge, and whether this is done well remains to be seen for now. But looking good is not a priority as I've said already. Which is why I've looked at the Fujifilm X100 for such a long time now and have not even thought of buying it. It's a beautiful thing I admit, but good to look, doesn't mean good to use (or useful).

I couldn't agree more.
    Last edited by ageha; 2nd February 2012 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kof88 View Post

Have to say that using a 'named' designer wasn't the best idea in this case, esp, when they don't have the marketing budget to push the idea that it looks good to the mindless masses.
    I've not seen a majority vote of 'YES' to the looks so far.
    But still, I can see that it looks decent (not Xpro gorgeous, but decent enough).
    The Q looks absolutely nice in the flesh compared to seeing it in photos.
    Certainly more practical for me too with the number of K-mount lenses I have.

I'd expect Kr pricing, but lets see.

Quote Originally Posted by ndroo View Post
    Ok ... how about we being the beer to your house instead?
    I think he has one hidden under his desk

OK I want to buy one... Emjay please make sure folks in Singapore are the first in the world to get it, just like the K5...
    Can take pre-orders now?

Quote Originally Posted by creampuff View Post
    OK I want to buy one... Emjay please make sure folks in Singapore are the first in the world to get it, just like the K5...
    Can take pre-orders now?
    Wah! Fierce! Ermm ... I also want one

It's not pretty for sure. I was alittle disappointed when I saw this yesterday.

But going by the built of the GXR, the recent Q, Pentax usually wont fail in this department. Functionality wise, it should be up there with the best after experiencing Ricoh's and Pentax's menus, and you can mount all those K-mount lenses you have ... it has to be ..
    Last edited by hjbyeo; 2nd February 2012 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fengwei View Post
    aiya... dun say that lah... 有心的话,天天都在过年

Congrats you guys. You're on Engadget!

Just got the news that K-01 is NOT ...... FF ...

Quote Originally Posted by LiverpoolMadman
    Just got the news that K-01 is NOT ...... FF ...
    o_O Do you mean it's not full frame?

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 345671015 ... LastLast