Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 381112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: PENTAX K-01 & smc PENTAX-DA 40mmF2.8 XS - Official Embargo Date: 2/2/2012

Default Re: PENTAX K-01 & smc PENTAX-DA 40mmF2.8 XS - Official Embargo Date: 2/2/2012

Quote Originally Posted by darrrrrrrrrr View Post

The silver one looks pretty good
    The yellow one looks pretty nice too :

Default Re: PENTAX K-01 & smc PENTAX-DA 40mmF2.8 XS - Official Embargo Date: 2/2/2012

The more I look at it, seems like it does have some DNA of the Ricoh GXR. I wonder is it purposely done or the designer also does the designs for Ricoh. Hmmm...Anyway will have to see how the GUI in that 3" LCD will look like. Seems like nobody has yet to see what is in the little box.

Marc Newson mentioned Pentax largely let him do his way, and he sees K-01 as a semi professional camera, but used for really serious serious work. Then slap the main poster with a yellow rubber model. No matter how I word it, still sounds contradictory...

Guessed the price right at more than $900, but at the price point, I think the only ones more expensive than this are the NEXs and the Nikon. Pentax really want to target the high end market this time. I worry because, they were never known for selling top end products. Even if Pentaxians feel that K-05 is way better than 95% cameras out there. The market as a whole only remembers Canon and Nikon.

Practically aside, I hope Pentax comes out with more products this year. Practically these days don't sell. When you see many aunties and uncles using a product like iPhone and not Nokia, you know practicality is not the selling point.

If body only is $999, with 40 XS lens 1299, how many of you will adopt it? Even if it sells at $900 as a kit, how many of you need to think twice? It was the right decision merging with Ricoh.

I hope after this launch, K-r price can stabilize at 6xx then I can trade my K-x up to K-r!

Last edited by hentam69; 3rd February 2012 at 08:39 AM.

Somehow I could piece the K-01 together right now, check out Fuji's X-Pro's price!!! (US$2300 ?!?!?) Together in the league of high-end mirrorless, K-01 is somewhat CHEAP in pricing!

I think Marc Newson have many hands-on on Ricoh's product as well as Pentax as the back controls seems to be a merge of design.

Just to question, for K5 users, on what occasion would you take the K-01 out? Why take the K-01 out when its not much smaller, even if the performance is better than K5, or just for the fact of this?

Quote Originally Posted by reyreina View Post
    I hope after this launch, K-r price can stabilize at 6xx then I can trade my K-x up to K-r!
    I don't think so that K-r will drop that fast ..... because K-r is a DSLR , it's NOT mirrorless ..... I think Pentax Q price will drop the price ... because both are mirrorless ( K-01 and Q ) because the main and biggest advantage for K-01 is you can still use yr current DSLR lens but with Pentax Q you can't ( they have their own lens ) ....

Don't get me wrong , Pentax Q still a good camera ..... But if you planning to sell one , please PM me ( wife wants to buy after see it on the youtube )
    Last edited by LiverpoolMadman; 3rd February 2012 at 09:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    Actually, if you look through all my previous posts, I always say a lot, then never buy it, then just suddenly buy.

But one thing remains constant, I am usually not an early adaptor.
    Hehehe you are the same as me . . .
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2

Quote Originally Posted by reyreina View Post
    Marc Newson mentioned Pentax largely let him do his way, and he sees K-01 as a semi professional camera, but used for really serious serious work. Then slap the main poster with a yellow rubber model. No matter how I word it, still sounds contradictory...

Guessed the price right at more than $900, but at the price point, I think the only ones more expensive than this are the NEXs and the Nikon. Pentax really want to target the high end market this time. I worry because, they were never known for selling top end products. Even if Pentaxians feel that K-05 is way better than 95% cameras out there. The market as a whole only remembers Canon and Nikon.

Practically aside, I hope Pentax comes out with more products this year. Practically these days don't sell. When you see many aunties and uncles using a product like iPhone and not Nokia, you know practicality is not the selling point.

If body only is $999, with 40 XS lens 1299, how many of you will adopt it? Even if it sells at $900 as a kit, how many of you need to think twice? It was the right decision merging with Ricoh.
    I have always been a huge fan of Marc Newson's designs, and I am not at all disappointed with the design of the Pentax K-01 body. But seriously though, they need to stop with the stupid naming scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulpix0r View Post
    I have always been a huge fan of Marc Newson's designs, and I am not at all disappointed with the design of the Pentax K-01 body. But seriously though, they need to stop with the stupid naming scheme.
    Well, at least they didn't put an 'X' in the new name this round (Fujifilm X10, Fujifilm X-Pro1, Canon G1x, Panasonic GX1, Sony NEX, Samsung NX ...)

I remembered that Ricoh mentioned to fill a "gap" when they bought Pentax. Now I can see that the gap they were referring to is now filled up by K-01:
    A mirrorless camera that could use the existing wide range of existing mount lenses.
    I do see it as a first for Pentax Ricoh. Way to go!

Think they running out of numbers. So put a zero infront of the numbers and start from 1. :P K-01,K-02...

Quote Originally Posted by LiverpoolMadman View Post
    I don't think so that K-r will drop that fast ..... because K-r is a DSLR , it's NOT mirrorless ..... I think Pentax Q price will drop the price ... because both are mirrorless ( K-01 and Q ) because the main and biggest advantage for K-01 is you can still use yr current DSLR lens but with Pentax Q you can't ( they have their own lens ) ....

Don't get me wrong , Pentax Q still a good camera ..... But if you planning to sell one , please PM me ( wife wants to buy after see it on the youtube )
    I thought k-r's discontinued already. So perhaps K-01 is the next entry level camera to replace k-r.
    Pentax K-r Discontinued - Pentax Camera News & Rumors - PentaxForums.com

Quote Originally Posted by fengwei View Post
    The yellow one looks pretty nice too :

other thab yellow, if they have it in green to match with the limited greens, it will be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by oceanpriest View Post
    I thought k-r's discontinued already. So perhaps K-01 is the next entry level camera to replace k-r.
    Pentax K-r Discontinued - Pentax Camera News & Rumors - PentaxForums.com
    K-01 isn't a replacement for K-r. It's just another mirrorless camera Pentax released to meet the market requirement.

The replacement for K-r will come in a few months time

Quote Originally Posted by ultimaza View Post
    other thab yellow, if they have it in green to match with the limited greens, it will be cool.
    I'm sure more colors would come if this thing really sells

Quote Originally Posted by fengwei View Post
    K-01 isn't a replacement for K-r. It's just another mirrorless camera Pentax released to meet the market requirement.

The replacement for K-r will come in a few months time
    Yup ... that's correct .... Pentax Official Websites still selling it and you still can buy ....PentaxWebstore.com: K-r Black Single Lens Kit w DA L 18-55

Cool. That's funny, for some reason I had the impression that the X100 was a lot larger than the K-01.

Interesting point to note is that both the other 2 cameras have optical VFs/EVFs.

Quote Originally Posted by LiverpoolMadman View Post
    The best thing is ..... this camera can be use by our current lens ...
    Agree. I never use pentax, but very keen to get this camera to go with the K mount pancake lense, especially the DA 15mm f4.

Arrow Re: PENTAX K-01 & smc PENTAX-DA 40mmF2.8 XS - Official Embargo Date: 2/2/2012

Actually, is the K-01 an export only model? It seems they didn't announce the camera in Japan and it's absence from their homepage there.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 381112131415 ... LastLast