Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone signed up for Justin Ng's Ad for Photog for Chingay 2012 Waterway Parade!????

Default Re: Anyone signed up for Justin Ng's Ad for Photog for Chingay 2012 Waterway Parade!

Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    Sorry but I think you are missing my point. Why is it called "extra passes", when it should be already in the "original number of passes requested"?

Am I right in saying that there was no original intention in allowing photographers from the opencall group and request for the extra passes was only put in much later after the original number of passes?

I need to clarify, because it does sound like very poor planning now, not just PR issues.

Shouldn't it be

opencall decision + close trusted photographers = orginal number of passes

rather than

close trusted photgraphers = original number of passes, further add on a much later request for opencall passes?

Feel free to correct me if i'm mistaken
    I suggest you to contact me if you are unsure as its inappropriate for me and i'm not allowed to comment on planning issues publicly as all we did was to work around limitations and restrictions, and at the same time, trying to open up this opportunity to as many keen photographers as we can albeit we did not expect the response to be overwhelming. Thanks and I will only accept further enquiries via PM or email as i'm done replying to TS.

Default Re: Anyone signed up for Justin Ng's Ad for Photog for Chingay 2012 Waterway Parade!

all i (and i am sure lot of other ppl) wants is explanation(s). this is a channel for you to clarify things, hence let not look at this negatively.
    Please do enlighten us by 2pm Thursday (02Feb2012).
    Then i will close this thread by end of Thursday.

anyway...

1) IDA have ruling regarding data-mining via mobile (including SMS)
    Hence i have every right to call up any entity that receive my registration via SMS & u actually replied.
    In this case is in relation to Open-Call to shoot "Chingay"

If i am not wrong the ruling start 1st half of 2009 & they are reviewing & toughen it this year.
    Links below:
    IDA Singapore - Policies & Regulation - Consumer Protection
    Data Protection Laws and Marketing Practices
    Do take note this ruling covers any form of marketing related activities, not just to SPAM, Cold Calls...etc.
    Privacy issues come into place.

2) I chose my words carefully within this Thread. Stating only flow of event(s) & my feeling about things. Which legally would not stand as "Defamation". This Thread is an Open discussion.

U don't expect "X" Brand fast food to sue me if i state that i feel that their foods is bad, right?

I took screen shots of what i typed here, for legal protection. Also i have can have a record of the extremely short call (u slammed my phone) on my next mobile bill statement.

3) Never did i expect anyone representing any entity to reply to other with an opening of "Tsk...Tsk...Tsk..."
    Do kindly review your PR approach.

4) the undertaking of the "Chingay" event's photography needs, should be an open ballot?
    GeBIZ or other Gov websites? Hence technically anyone can find out the contract details?
    Such as usage of Freelancers?
    *Take note that i end with "Question Mark", hence referring to "Possibilities" and not "Finite" statement of mine.

5) Do Kindly answer the 2 questions i stated a few entries up this thread.

Thanks in advance.

Weiteck, I think you're missing the whole point of all these. I would be most glad to assist you if you have called me at the right time, with the right attitude. You also have rights to call me up to ask questions but if time is not on my side to reply, which you've failed to check when you first made the call, all i suggested was to ask you to email me your enquiries politely. But you called me names here and the fact that i'm replying you despite my extremely busy schedule, it goes to show how i much i value your concerns.

As mentioned previously, we also allow you and your interest group to unsubscribe from our list if you think or claim that our privacy control is not up to your standard.

I also suggest you to read up articles on what constitutes a defamatory remark/post/statement before you act. I won't sue you if you think my way of handling your issue is bad, but i will definitely consider suing you for accusing me for coming up with fake self promotion and ripping off the photography community here.

I will also take your advise to review my PR approach but i hope you could do the same on your bad phone etiquette and behavior.

We are also not obliged to reveal contract details to you. So i strongly suggest you to contact me if you need further clarifications.

Quote Originally Posted by weiteck View Post
    all i (and i am sure lot of other ppl) wants is explanation(s). this is a channel for you to clarify things, hence let not look at this negatively.
    Please do enlighten us by 2pm Thursday (02Feb2012).
    Then i will close this thread by end of Thursday.

anyway...

1) IDA have ruling regarding data-mining via mobile (including SMS)
    Hence i have every right to call up any entity that receive my registration via SMS & u actually replied.
    In this case is in relation to Open-Call to shoot "Chingay"

If i am not wrong the ruling start 1st half of 2009 & they are reviewing & toughen it this year.
    Links below:
    IDA Singapore - Policies & Regulation - Consumer Protection
    Data Protection Laws and Marketing Practices
    Do take note this ruling covers any form of marketing related activities, not just to SPAM, Cold Calls...etc.
    Privacy issues come into place.

2) I chose my words carefully within this Thread. Stating only flow of event(s) & my feeling about things. Which legally would not stand as "Defamation". This Thread is an Open discussion.

U don't expect "X" Brand fast food to sue me if i state that i feel that their foods is bad, right?

I took screen shots of what i typed here, for legal protection. Also i have can have a record of the extremely short call (u slammed my phone) on my next mobile bill statement.

3) Never did i expect anyone representing any entity to reply to other with an opening of "Tsk...Tsk...Tsk..."
    Do kindly review your PR approach.

4) the undertaking of the "Chingay" event's photography needs, should be an open ballot?
    GeBIZ or other Gov websites? Hence technically anyone can find out the contract details?
    Such as usage of Freelancers?
    *Take note that i end with "Question Mark", hence referring to "Possibilities" and not "Finite" statement of mine.

5) Do Kindly answer the 2 questions i stated a few entries up this thread.

Thanks in advance.

Dear justinngphoto ,
    I think you're missing the whole point of all these.
    U can answer the question(s) here, it's to your benefit. I am not sure what is a "good time" to call you, and risk being shouted at & having the phone slammed.
    I can understand your worry about leaving "Black & White", but if we have any phone conversation, it will be recorded for Legal Protection. Since i take "Defamation" seriously, also in regards to issues with the Data-Protection Ruling & Privacy issues. which i provided you with links to, in earlier thread entry.

I have fairly decent understanding of what legally constitutes as defamatory remark/post/statement.

Good that you are taking my advise to review PR approach but i hope you could do the same on your bad phone etiquette and behavior.
    You shouting & slamming the phone was plain rude.
    i told u 2x not to shout over the phone & then u slammed the phone & now stated in this thread that i shouted at you?
    i can prove that the call was cut on your side & the call was extremely short. Via my mobile phone statement from Telco.

I understand you are not obliged to reveal contract details. I stated "Chingay" as a public event via the PA, ballot details for contractors are made available to the public.

I strongly suggest that your answer the questions here, to prevent things being "one-sided". this is in all fairness to all.

Now back to the core of the issue, Please kindly respond to the questions that other than myself, some other individuals pointed out within this Thread. Again, i would like to highlight this is to your benefit.
    Last edited by weiteck; 1st February 2012 at 04:09 PM.

Weiteck,

I've answered all enquiries to the best of my ability and disclose what i can so as to clarify as much as possible. Your statement is biased and defaming. Initially i thought you were difficult to handle via phone but looks like its also impossible to manage you here and since my contract with Chingay team is legally binding, i wouldn't be able to defend myself appropriately and effectively here.

May i request you to PM me your information just so i could get my legal consultant to contact you? Most likely i will try my luck on a defamation suit against you. It's your call now as i strongly believe the verdict from the judge would be a fair and unbiased one

I'll be waiting..

Dear justinngphoto ,
    I think you're missing the whole point of all these.
    U can answer the question(s) here, it's to your benefit. I am not sure what is a "good time" to call you, and risk being shouted at & having the phone slammed.
    I can understand your worry about leaving "Black & White", but if we have any phone conversation, it will be recorded for Legal Protection. Since i take "Defamation" seriously, also in regards to issues with the Data-Protection Ruling & Privacy issues. which i provided you with links to, in earlier thread entry.

I have fairly decent understanding of what legally constitutes as defamatory remark/post/statement.

Good that you are taking my advise to review PR approach but i hope you could do the same on your bad phone etiquette and behavior.
    You shouting & slamming the phone was plain rude.
    i told u 2x not to shout over the phone & then u slammed the phone & now stated in this thread that i shouted at you?
    i can prove that the call was cut on your side & the call was extremely short. Via my mobile phone statement from Telco.

I understand you are not obliged to reveal contract details. I stated "Chingay" as a public event via the PA, ballot details for contractors are made available to the public.

I strongly suggest that your answer the questions here, to prevent things being "one-sided". this is in all fairness to all.

Now back to the core of the issue, Please kindly respond to the questions that other than myself, some other individuals pointed out within this Thread. Again, i would like to highlight this is to your benefit.

Blog Entries

this back and forth is really going nowhere ..... sorry all, locking up the thread....
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Default Apology issued to Justin Ng Photography

1) I started a thread on Clubsnap to question the selection process of “Justin Ng Photography” Open Call for “Chingay 2012” on 31 January 2012, in the course of which I made various untrue and defamatory remarks about Justin Ng Photography.
    2) Mr Justin Ng was nice enough to iron out the issue with me after that.
    3) I unreservedly apologies for the defamatory remarks made against Justin Ng Photography and I confirm that the statements have been withdrawn and that I have provided an undertaking not to make such defamatory remarks against Justin Ng Photography in future.
    4) I acknowledge that my remarks made against Justin Ng Photography were untrue and wholly unjustified.
    Don't Snap like a child, Don't shoot like a tourist !

Default Re: Apology issued to Justin Ng Photography

Been advised to “close up” the thread to prevent any form of speculative remark(s) that might hurt Mr Ng & myself.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Water under the bridge~
    Don't Snap like a child, Don't shoot like a tourist !

Blog Entries

Default Re: Apology issued to Justin Ng Photography

Been advised to “close up” the thread to prevent any form of speculative remark(s) that might hurt Mr Ng & myself.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Water under the bridge~
    hope this is the end of the saga between all parties
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12