I am thinking of going for a 1 month solo backpack tour in Malaysia around March period.
I intend to travel by means of trains, buses, taxis and legs. Probably bicycles too.
400 SGD for food, drinks, backpacker's hostel
Starting from Malacca all the way up north to edge of malaysia's north, Perlis.
Take an express bus to Kelantan, another express bus to Terenganu, to Pahang via express bus again.
Then take a train back to Johor, then take travel to the Airport to travel to Sarawak, kuching.
Food, Drinks, Acommadation, Travel
- Eat what they eat (Hawker)
- Drink what they drink (Water bottle)
- Sleep almost anywhere and everywhere possible, sleep @ hotel lounge until they chase u out, then change to another hotel,or find a super cheap backpacker's inn, sleep on the bus, sleep at macdonald's if 24 hr.
1. Be polite, so that the locals won't beat you up.
2. Be polite, so help will given when asked.
3. Wear a vest with all the lens located on the front(to prevent theft) with sponge padding(protection from impact).
4. Make secret compartments on your jeans to stash your money in.
5. Make some more secret compartments on the inside of the jeans to put your important documents.
6. Do 4 and 5 for other jeans.
7. Bring a wallet and put some cash and coins inside, so when robbed just give them the wallet.
8. Put some no longer important ID cards in the wallet to make it seem legit, don't forget to put some photos of your ex-girlfriend.
9. Avoid travelling at night or going into secluded and dark, wet and narrow areas. You know what I mean.
10. Memorize the emergency numbers, and know the location of the Singapore Embassy.
11. Make sure there is enough $ for the trip back home.
Reason for backpacking, finally graduate take it as a reward to self and can learn the culture of another country and also the difficulty of backpacking.
Reason for backpacking alone, you think I wanna do it alone? No one wanna go together, interest, finance and personal conflicts!
Reason for going around March period, enlistment uncertainty go early come back early.
- Pentax K-r dSLR
- 15-55mm Pentax D AL Autofocus f3.5-5.6
- 50mm f1.4
- 70-300mm f4.2-5.8
- Sandisk 4GB Class 4
- Sandisk Ultra 4GB, 32GB
- Sandisk Ultra 16GB Thumb Drive
- Tripod (Height - 1.6m++)
- Camera backpack
- 2x Waist Lens pouch
- 160GB External HDD(to store images)
- 32GB iPod Video
- Plastic Water Bottle
- Handphone (Charge handphone via USB, my phone can standby 2 month if no calls received.)
- Laptop Charger
- Microfiber cloth x MANY
- 1 Big towel
- 1 Sports towel
- 5 x white t-shirt
- 3x White Surfing Broadshorts
- 5x Underwear
Documents that will save my life?
- Student EZ-Link Card
- Some cash for budget hotel
- Some cash for transportation
- List of addresses to hotels, airports, bus/train stations, singapore embassy
- List of important numbers
- Malaysia Prepaid Card
People who backpack toured before please give advice, this will be my first time solo backpack tour.
I have travelled to thailand for 30 days+- but never travel in malaysia for 30days+- with a bag so heavy.
Washing of used clothes/towel done @ hotel
I have not thought or done research about the places to visit specifically in each state, do give some comments and i would compile them.
I would need advice regarding things to bring and to take note of.