Hi,

I am planning a short trip to Indo ,
    Looking for some advise on
    - the itinerary
    - recommended ways to move around

Thanks in advance !

Default Re: Advise needed - Indonesia - Mount Bromo and Yogyakarta region

Hi,

I stayed in Phoenix Hotel. Can travel by foot around the neighbourhood to take shots of the local area. Other spots which you will need to get around by taxi:

1. Taman Sari; Water Palace
    2. The Kraton : Sultan's Palace
    3. Prambanan
    4. Ratu Boku
    5. Boroburdur
    6. Kinahrejo

All these could be done in 3 days. Try to catch the sunrise for Boroburdur.

Hope that helps.

Hi dandoodle,

thanks for the info, I will do some more research

I am not affiliated with this site, but this site seems to be well maintained and some descriptions are well written.

YOGYAKARTA / JOGJA - Travelers Paradise in Java, Indonesia

if you are into Javanese Traditional dance, you may try to go for the Ramayana Dance Performance at the Prambanan Temple. Once you have watched it, you may compare it with Dance Festival in Esplanade which for the past 2 years have been showing Ramayana story as well form some ASEAN countries.
    You must arrange for your transportation too since the performance is at the night time.

You can book a car cum driver in any of the backpacker places.

Suggest you do Bromo separately and just concentrate on Yogyakarta region

Try Rawa Pening

Also, Dieng Plataeu and Solo are worth spending time.
    Last edited by lestwe4get; 14th February 2012 at 11:20 AM.

Noted with thanks tomzcafe

Quote Originally Posted by tomzcafe View Post
    I am not affiliated with this site, but this site seems to be well maintained and some descriptions are well written.

YOGYAKARTA / JOGJA - Travelers Paradise in Java, Indonesia

if you are into Javanese Traditional dance, you may try to go for the Ramayana Dance Performance at the Prambanan Temple. Once you have watched it, you may compare it with Dance Festival in Esplanade which for the past 2 years have been showing Ramayana story as well form some ASEAN countries.
    You must arrange for your transportation too since the performance is at the night time.

Hi Lestwe4get,

Can advise the reason of splitting Bromo and Yogyakarta region ?
    It is because of the distance between them or ?
    How much time do you advise on each location?

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by lestwe4get View Post
    You can book a car cum driver in any of the backpacker places.

Suggest you do Bromo separately and just concentrate on Yogyakarta region

Try Rawa Pening

Also, Dieng Plataeu and Solo are worth spending time.

Long and tiring journey between Surabaya and Yogyakarta and plus you mentioned that it is a short trip.

It is doable if you have more time, otherwise do spend time around Yogya and Solo region. Quite a lot things to see/do.

Hope this helps!

Hi,

Just saw your post.
    I believe you have already got a lot of useful pointers.
    Around Jogja, the usual exploits are Borobudur, Prambanan, Ratu Boko - all can be done in a day. eg. sunrise and morning at Borobudur, afternoon at Prambanan and evening at Ratu Boko. Please do note that Borobudur and Prambanan are in opposite directions of Jogja...
    If you want to shoot sunrise at Borobudur, its better to stay at Manohara hotel (a bit pricey) which is inside the Borobudur complex, and gives you access an hour earlier in the morning than other folks who would have to drive from Jogja...
    I found all three places extremely touristy with hefty entrance fees for foreigners, but well, that's the way it is...

Further afield, you have Dieng Plataeu, Rawa Pening and Gedong Songo. I have been to Dieng a few times, and I've loved it. Dieng has basic guesthouse accommodation only, when I last visited in 2011...I stayed in Ambarawa when I went to Rawa Pening and Gedong Songo, but I saw some guesthouses very near Gedong Songo and those would've been more to my liking...

I haven't been to Solo, but that's also a town worth exploring. There is an annual Batik Carnival, you will have to check the dates when it will be held this year...

I would say one week would be just nice to visit all these places at a leisurely pace. Its best to hire a vehicle with a driver, so that you have flexibility over the places you want to visit. Public transport can be erratic...

As lestwe4get as pointed out, its better to keep Jogja and Surabaya (Bromo) in separate trips, unless you have, say, 2 weeks.

Cheers.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt....