Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Organising a photoshoot for this lovely model...

Quote Originally Posted by modelguru
    i second what you said. some models are being mentioned test shoot and dun get paid. for some reasons. i do hope the model get what she ought to get.
    I second what you said as well, some photographers as being asked to pay for some "Not for Profit" calendar shots which aims is to promote the model agency as well. Also, some model agencies loved to owe photographer's money when they hire photographer to shoot for them....
    Last edited by blurblock; 1st December 2004 at 04:54 PM.

Do not worry as Kim gets paid a reasonable amount for this shoot. I can tell you I'm earning next to nothing for organising this shoot for her and taking the time to get people to participate.

But I'm still cheonging this as I know her personally and I am just as excited as she is if the photoshoot shall take place. If not I will just meet her anyway and bring her out for lunch. I seriously think that some of the comments here are uncalled for, it would be nicer if I were consulted first before any conclusions were made. No offence to anyone though.

I can't reply as promptly as I'm not on the com all the hour, hope you guys understand.

This is not a very nice way to treat a sweet lady like her.

Kim did ask us to let her use the photos, we didn't agree for one very simple reason, it only can benefit both parties, and she respects the outcome.

For any reasons if you donít think is worth your effort partake this photo shooting with her, it is up to you, but please keep the comments to yourself.

And we donít know who lowe is, we speak out is because we know Kim, and she shouldnít be treated this way.

End of story, thanks you, bye bye.

Dear all, I have decided to call this shoot off for obvious reasons.

My apologies to those who have shown interest in this shoot. I will personally send you an email to inform.

Will let you all know when there is another model who is interested in a photoshoot. Thank you and have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowe
    Dear all, I have decided to call this shoot off for obvious reasons.

My apologies to those who have shown interest in this shoot. I will personally send you an email to inform.

Will let you all know when there is another model who is interested in a photoshoot. Thank you and have a nice day.
    Quite hard to take for a newbie organising a shoot here huh..
    Dun give up dude! Believe in what u r doin!

Lightbulb

it is better than for not trying! salute you for trying.

Heh, thanks you guys.

It's really not easy for a newbie in here to try organising a photoshoot, but to say the least, I will not give up. I believe one day I can eventually organise a successful photoshoot. Simply because I love photography and I like this forum.

Also to those to who have commented on this thread, I wish to let you I'm not angry or anything like that. I'm open to comments. Anyway, I have come here to make friends! Cheers! I look forward to seeing you guys at the next photoshoot I organise. Thanks.

Have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by modelguru
    i second what you said. some models are being mentioned test shoot and dun get paid. for some reasons. i do hope the model get what she ought to get.
    And some agents told the models the photog paid x amount when in actual fact the photog paid 2x amount!

Quote Originally Posted by student
    And some agents told the models the photog paid x amount when in actual fact the photog paid 2x amount!
    That really depends on the integrity of the agent. I believe in paying what the models deserve. After all, posing for photoshoots is not an easy job at all.

Just my 2 cents.

That really depends on the integrity of the agent. I believe in paying what the models deserve. After all, posing for photoshoots is not an easy job at all.

Just my 2 cents.
    Sorry Lowe

Does not refer to you, but to certain agents who try to put on a halo.

Just my 2 cents.
    Don't worry Lowe, I sincerely doubt Student is talking about you. I think he is talking about certain individual who does not preach what he said, It think it is the the same person my previous posting ...... LOL ...... By the way, did anyone here knows how goes a calendar?
    Last edited by blurblock; 2nd December 2004 at 04:03 PM.

Wah lao. Of course I know you not referring to me lah.

My english is not that bad until I can't differentiate something that aimed at me and something that's not. I was just voicing my opinion. Cheers mate! LOL.

BTW, Lowe

I do think that Kim has a good face.

Unlike most photogs, I generally prefer the models to do their own make-up. I chose this because I do not want the make up to alter the features of the models too much. Sometimes the illusion of a make-up can be so dramatic to change the person! But in a photoshoot, where glam and "model-like" features are required, I think a professional make-up may be appropriate.

Because I am interested in "portraits" (increasingly I think I do not know what I am talking about!), I prefer just a light foundation to avoid excess oil. But then I often shoot alone on a one-one basis.

Quote Originally Posted by student
    BTW, Lowe

I do think that Kim has a good face.
    Hey that's what I thought too. And she has a really lovely personality to go with that. Maybe I just arrange another shoot for her when the time comes.

BTW, I forgot to mention that the photos put up here were taken during a casual dinner meeting. So it probably were not as flattering as what she should be during an actual shoot.

Hi Lowe
    Don't give up so easily ....
    always the Light, .... always.

Hey thanks for the encouragement. And special thanks to those who PMed me to encourage and advise.

I have another model up for shoots come next week. Will post the thread soon. Please show me your guidance. Thanks.

As for Kim, I think these pictures have done her unjust, I will try to arrange another shoot for her with better pictures. I'm sure you guys would love to add this lady to your portfolio. Cheers!

All the best for your next upcoming organized shoot Lowe.

Thumbs up Attitude

Hey thanks for the encouragement. And special thanks to those who PMed me to encourage and advise.

I have another model up for shoots come next week. Will post the thread soon. Please show me your guidance. Thanks.

As for Kim, I think these pictures have done her unjust, I will try to arrange another shoot for her with better pictures. I'm sure you guys would love to add this lady to your portfolio. Cheers!
    Kudos on your attitude Lowe! You could easily find photogs who would take some nice photos of Kim on a no-charge basis... free shoot in exchange for the photos. Marketing is everything! Avoid those 'police report' style photos.

Another problem is the sheer number of model shoots that seem to cluster on some weekends. The limited pool of participants gets spread so thin that most shoots end up cancelled . Perhaps there is some way that model shoot organizers can agree to limit the number of shoots. It's getting quite messy!

Good luck on the next round!

Wow. Thanks for all the well wishes. Will do my best to make the next photoshoot a quality one.

Quote Originally Posted by r52lanc
    Avoid those 'police report' style photos.
    This is a little OT

Actually I find that it is very hard to take a "police report" photo in an artistic manner.

The reason is that little pretence and artifice is possible in such a "pose", unlike the usual shoots where models are asked to "pose", put on a "sexy look", an "attitude", etc

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12