Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Organising a photoshoot for this lovely model...

Default Organising a photoshoot for this lovely model...

Hi guys, I'm organising a photoshoot for this model. Her name's Kim.

Here are some pics of her.

The shoot will take place on 5 Dec 04, Sunday from 1000 - 1300.

Attire would be 3 sets of different casual wear.

Will be $50 per pax. Max 6 pax.

Location will be let known to the participants.

Interested fotogs can email me @ studiolowe@msn.com iwth your hp no. and name or simply call/sms me @ 98335156.

Thanks for looking. Hope to see you there.
    Last edited by Lowe; 1st December 2004 at 12:03 AM.

Lightbulb

i have kinda of OD. he he

Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003
    i have kinda of OD. he he
    Hi reachme, would you like to participate in this shoot?

Do let me know. Thanks.

Btw, this model is sbt 1.66m in height.

Come come

I will bring along mineral water for participants.

Also, reflector would be provided.

You could also pm to reserve a place. Thanks.

Think you better post a more flattering picture of the model.

Will make up be provided by Makeup artist or by the model herself?

I wanted to provide a make up artist but she insisted on doing it herself cos she doesn't like pple messing with her face. Too precious already, cannot scratch. LOL.

Thanks for the suggestion. Will try to look for a better pic I took of her and post it up here.

Here's a close up of her,

And some other pics of her,

Please kindly email me your contacts if you are interested. I do not want to see this go to waste as Kim is really excited about this herself. My email is studiolowe@msn.com and I can be contacted at 98335156. Thanks.
    Last edited by Lowe; 1st December 2004 at 03:21 PM.

Phildate
    Guests

I really think that photographers should not be charged for photoshoots involving newbie models. Surely both the model and photographer's time is of equal value so wouldn't it be fairer to just make it a Time for Prints shoot - the photographers get the chance to practise posing a beginner and the model will get some prints for a portfolio.

Neither are 'Pro' so why charge the photogs?? I could understand if it was a trained model - I have paid for a photoshoot with them and it is certainly worth the money - they can really strike a pose and it's an amazing experience to photograph a true professional.

But judging by the pics, this girl has never done any modelling work at all.

It seems like there are many people out there who think that they can get a pretty friend to model so they can make a quick buck. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I second Phildate's observation ..... especially if one do not wished to be make up by a professional make up artist ..... in personal view, even a professional makeup artist cannot make up her ownself as properly as she make up for others as there will be a lack of "third party" view.

Kim is not a newbie, she can do her own makeup, and she also doesn’t need the money from modeling.

I have some of her shots done in the studio, maybe a year ago.

Phildate
    Guests

Kim is not a newbie, she can do her own makeup, and she also doesn’t need the money from modeling.
    If she doesn't need the money then why charge? There's no studio to pay for, nor make-up artist.

If she's not a newbie then I think she will be disappointed to see the quality of photos of her on Clubsnap.

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights

Well .... I guess even if she is not a newbie, chances are she can't pose as well.

Every women is embedded with the natural ability to do her own makeup, but in personal view, how good is the make up is the key.

Default Kim not new

Kim is not new at all, i have shoot her in studio for 3 times liao....

anyway, if you guys not interested to shoot her, don say something like that, you ppl are hurting her feelings....

vince123123
    Guests

perhaps you should then post those shots (studio) which would show the "true value" of the model.

Edit: oops sorry thought you were Lowe

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights

Last edited by vince123123; 1st December 2004 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by copperbird
    Kim is not new at all, i have shoot her in studio for 3 times liao....

anyway, if you guys not interested to shoot her, don say something like that, you ppl are hurting her feelings....
    Ah .... then can you please put up some of her studio pictures which she do her own make up? It will attract more people, I think.

Phildate
    Guests

Hey, not trying to hurt anyone's feelings here. I just don't want to see photographers exploited by unscrupulous guys who are just trying to make some money by offering sub-standard model shoots. I didn't say that that was necessarily the case here but we haven't had any evidence to prove otherwise have we?

Blurblock - thanks buddy!

I personally would agree so...but a true pro model learns from the photog.I always think up of a million and one creative posers and themes before I begin a shoot. Besides, I find her makeup too thick and red. If it is a casual photoshoot, light makeup would be sufficent.

Default who is lowe?

i dont know this guy lowe at all, but Kim is a very nice girl who are helpful in many ways, so i dont even knows she gets paid or not, b4 you guys comments again, ask lowe.

By the way lowe, so many replys liao, but WHERE ARE YOU?

i second what you said. some models are being mentioned test shoot and dun get paid. for some reasons. i do hope the model get what she ought to get.

i dont know this guy lowe at all, but Kim is a very nice girl who are helpful in many ways, so i dont even knows she gets paid or not, b4 you guys comments again, ask lowe.

I am not too much concerned about whether she charges or not, but I am concerned about the quality of the output. Until now, I had yet to see a model who can draw her own face to the level it can face the Studio Lighting and the ability to meet a camera for that matter.

If making hairdo and make up is that simple, Media Corp will not need to hire David Gan and Andy Lee for Hairdo and Makeup respectively.

What you see in the mirror is not what is seen by a second person. If I know she is not going to be well make up for the shoot, it is waste of her time and a waste of the paying photographer's time as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast