Thread: Is photography hazardous to health?

Default Is photography hazardous to health?

I bought this remote cord, then there is a health warning on the instruction manual...

Handling the cord on this product may expose you to lead, a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer, and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Wash hands after handling.
    I wonder how come they know its hazardous yet use such materials on the camera parts?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

I heard some others having eating disorder after buying their dream camera/lens.....

Quote Originally Posted by Astin
    I heard some others having eating disorder after buying their dream camera/lens.....
    i am suffering from that as well.. but i also fear that my nxt generation will have problems as well...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

i frequently got sore muscle after picking up photography due to the weight of the camera bag and I also picking up gastric problem since I spend my lunch money to pay for rolls of film and development

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    i am suffering from that as well.. but i also fear that my nxt generation will have problems as well...
    You can always wear gloves.

Quote Originally Posted by popeye
    i frequently got sore muscle after picking up photography due to the weight of the camera bag and I also picking up gastric problem since I spend my lunch money to pay for rolls of film and development
    Dun bluff la. You Popeye.....where got sore muscle? Just pop a can of spinach lor Remember to save some $$$ for spinach.

http://www.clubsnap.org/forums/showthread.php?t=103912
    Last edited by afbug; 1st December 2004 at 07:52 PM.

After I pick the camera I alway have this fever, never go away. This very bad I can go hours in a "dark" room or behind the computer without food. Along with the fever there alway have a headache in the line of getting more $ to buy my photography medicine or else can't sleep. Sometime have to sleep with my medicine on my side then can go to sleep happy. This fever never to be happy of see current works alway try way to find a better way to take that prefect shot.

I bought this remote cord, then there is a health warning on the instruction manual...

I wonder how come they know its hazardous yet use such materials on the camera parts?
    Yes, there should be a health hazard warning to all newbie. Lucky me oready passed this stage liaoh.

Just some american stupidity! (sorry americans on this forum, but these things always cropped up in the US). There was once an instance where this lady placed her (live) dog into the washing machine to wash, and offcourse the poor dog didn't survive! She then sues the washing machine for killing her dog and for not writing in the manual that one is not supposed to put live animals in there. Don't know if she won the case......It is just that ther company doesn't want to be sued afterwards......I mean what is the amount of lead you get from that cord? Probably walking on the roadside of a busy highway will let you inhale higher amounts of other toxins......

back problems from carrying too heavy a camera bag...

it's very hazardous to the health of my bank account.
    Today is a gift; that's why it's called the present.
    The toys

Well photography IS hazardous to health. Some of the known side-effects of photography are:

- Insomania
    From post-processing a couple of thousand shots overnight

- Excessive thinning of wallet and bank account
    Frm getting ur lenses and all peripherials

- Poorer eyesight
    From the time of squinting thru the viewfinder to get 'The Shot' and the numerous hours in the Dark Room or facing ur PC/Mac monitor

- Spacing Out
    From looking at an insignificant object/architecture/model and wondering what u can do on the next angle to make it look more interesting

Well, give and take you win some and you lose some.

I find moderation the key.

If you manage your objective and focus well it helps alot.

For me it is a great stress reliever, I shoot about 3 to 4 times a week. Make it a point to limit my shots to about 30 per session and 2 hours walk per session, drink plenty of water. Its a great exercise, and health booster. Force you to get out breathe fresh air. The Esplanade, Boat Quay is my favourite. Plenty of places to cool down when it gets hot.