Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Charges by Mobile in Motion Pte Ltd

Default Re: Charges by Mobile in Motion Pte Ltd

Do a Google search and many other cases came up.
    I guess these companies exist because:
    1/ Not many complain? (complaining to service provider is useless because of point 2)
    2/ Service providers love them, turn blind eyes, because at the end of the day, service provider get some share.

Getting all the MP numbers and subscribe them sounds like a nice idea to get things done.

Quote Originally Posted by htthach View Post
    Getting all the MP numbers and subscribe them sounds like a nice idea to get things done.
    Another alternative is to make a class action against said company. Would be interesting

Quote Originally Posted by hanzohattori View Post
    Another alternative is to make a class action against said company. Would be interesting
    What's class action?

Could CASE help or take some action against them? Like I said earlier, we can close one of these company and they could readily open another one or even a few others doing the same Sh*t again. The best thing is to target the ISP.

Not sure if IDA would wanna to step in.
    Do not be afraid [of ghost and bullies] Shoot them......

Really the authorities can't do much about such scam.

A common tactics used by such companies is that by visiting a video sharing website possibly through a advertising or spam link and watching a video, in effect the user is subscribing to their services.

Tack away in their Terms & Conditions (T&C) and written in a minimal font size is the clause that state "... upon clicking on the play button, the user agree to subscribe to XXX services at XXX rate per XXX" or something similar.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Quote Originally Posted by hanzohattori View Post
    If you go to their website, you can see that basically anyone can subscribe any number they like to the service.
    So if you are not happy with their response, you can subscribe their number.. or your MP's
    Unfortunately, the scam-artist is street-wise enough not to charge the VIPs once they find out that these are VIPs' numbers.
    For example, if they scam a lot of people, there's no problem not charging a few numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by La Fontaine View Post
    After writing to SH several times, the thing is still not resolved. They have already blocked this MIM thing, but the charges incurred in the last 2 months still exist and they are still sending me invoice.

I told them to waive the charges, or absorb or stop paying MIM. If not, I will switch ISP. They kept on telling me to call MIM. I just dun wanna to have any dealings with such a company or call them.

I have been busy these few months and haven't done much except writing to SH.

I guess writing to IDA and cc to my MP would do the trick.
    StarHub- About Us - Corporate Structure - Management

Blog Entries

And then, what's next?
    Dun pay. Insist that it is negligence on their part.

Also wrote to MIM saying that I was filing a police report. They asked for my number ....... Told them to fly kite.....
    Last edited by Zenten; 27th March 2012 at 11:49 PM.
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

Quote Originally Posted by Zenten View Post
    Dun pay. Insist that it is negligence on their part.

Also wrote to MIM saying that I was filing a police report. They asked for my number ....... Told them to fly kite.....
    Sorry hor, police will tell you is civil case.

Want to press charges? Go sue yourself.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    Sorry hor, police will tell you is civil case.

Want to press charges? Go sue yourself.
    Of course won't file pilice report lah ..... Police where got so free. Just wanna see the reaction from MIM .....
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

Raise as much hell as you can !

This is because both of the companies (STINKING MIM and SH !) will be slow or will not do anything about it.
    Because they are earning big money from this matter.

If you keep quiet or don't do anything. Both companies will be most happy. The sucker is you !

Raise as much hell as you can especially SH who is supposed to be strictly regulated.
    Call the police, your lawyer, MP, PM, STOMP, Newspaper, CASE etc ...

Too much publicity and noise may finally close down this STINKING MIM.
    But after a while they will emerge again under a different company name. sigh !

The best way is to locate this company and burn down their office. LOL !

found more stuff on Google

another case from another company, this time M1 customer.
    Thoughts attic: Ericsson Telecommunications Sam Media Services Scam Update

From the comment in that page, you can actually try your MP numbers with the flash ads

SG_COLORIPHONE4_SALE.swf

Quoted comment:
    "This is how they did it, from an ad posted on engadget.com on Sep 29 for e.g. (the ad might be gone by then), the ad shows semi nudity to entice young men to click on them, then it redirect to a page that entice the visitor to win an iphone. It will ask for your mobile number (which likely they are either to spam you or send you text message to entice you), on the web page they will ask you to text to their paid subscription number. If you do it, you are hooked.

For your reference:

Amazon Silk browser spins a faster mobile web, courtesy of cloud servers (video) -- Engadget

SG_COLORIPHONE4_SALE.swf

There is very little that the consumer can do anything because Singapore LAW is pro-business not consumer. Even the anti-spam ACT is weak. There is little rights to be a consumer. "

Quote Originally Posted by htthach View Post

Quoted comment:
    "This is how they did it, from an ad posted on engadget.com on Sep 29 for e.g. (the ad might be gone by then), the ad shows semi nudity to entice young men to click on them, then it redirect to a page that entice the visitor to win an iphone. It will ask for your mobile number (which likely they are either to spam you or send you text message to entice you), on the web page they will ask you to text to their paid subscription number. If you do it, you are hooked.
    dats why i asked TS previously if he recalled entering his mobile no for some contest or ads. if he did then he is at fault to get charged. Cos if u read the fine print on these contest or ads, charges do applies.

Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    dats why i asked TS previously if he recalled entering his mobile no for some contest or ads. if he did then he is at fault to get charged. Cos if u read the fine print on these contest or ads, charges do applies.
    My SIM card is not even for a phone. It is being used in a Samsung G Tab. Imagine they send unsolicited SMS to me, to a tablet and charge a whopping $6 for each SMS. How ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky78 View Post
    Raise as much hell as you can !

This is because both of the companies (STINKING MIM and SH !) will be slow or will not do anything about it.
    Because they are earning big money from this matter.

If you keep quiet or don't do anything. Both companies will be most happy. The sucker is you !

Raise as much hell as you can especially SH who is supposed to be strictly regulated.
    Call the police, your lawyer, MP, PM, STOMP, Newspaper, CASE etc ...

Too much publicity and noise may finally close down this STINKING MIM.
    But after a while they will emerge again under a different company name. sigh !

The best way is to locate this company and burn down their office. LOL !

Burn their office? Well, they may have an office front, but their real operation might be hidden in some dark and old industrial building, with a few servers that are running unmanned, on auto-mode.

Now, do we wanna to be a well-regulated country governed by the rule of the law. We should have powerful IDA, CAD, CASE, and consumer protection laws that are effective etc.

Or, do we wanna this place to be like the jungle, where it's a matter of survival of the fittest. Like Cowboy country, whoever draws his gun fast and shoot straight wins. Or like Rambo, who takes the law in his own hands, one single hero who fights the entire army.
    Last edited by La Fontaine; 28th March 2012 at 10:15 PM.

Happen to me to coz my father receive the phone bill with a whooping of $120 with 20 downloads. Like WTF?!
    As I called the Mobile In Motion Pte. Ltd. They say press 1 to cancel the thingy than after dat they say key in mobile number and they claimed dat within 24 hrs will cancel the subscriptions

Quote Originally Posted by Jia Min 96 View Post
    Happen to me to coz my father receive the phone bill with a whooping of $120 with 20 downloads. Like WTF?!
    As I called the Mobile In Motion Pte. Ltd. They say press 1 to cancel the thingy than after dat they say key in mobile number and they claimed dat within 24 hrs will cancel the subscriptions
    Somemore using on SAMSUNG Galaxy Ace somemore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For those who kana conned.. maybe you can try to lodge a legal claim via small claim tribunal.

Angry Re: Charges by Mobile in Motion Pte Ltd

THe one i post not sure is it true or wad?

Question Re: Charges by Mobile in Motion Pte Ltd

Yesterday I went to the Starhub Customer Service Officer to talk about the issue and the Mobile In Motion company will call back in 3 working days

Thumbs down Re: Charges by Mobile in Motion Pte Ltd

I am using the free MaxMobile from Starhub.

In the last 2 months, I got exhorbitant charges from this MIM company. This is for some sent/receive SMS that charged $6.00 per download, with 8dwlds, charged me $48.00. This is something that is really ridiculous and looks and feels like a scam. Almost like daylight robbery.

Anyone kenna this sh*t before? Got this since I put the SIM card in my Galaxy Tab.

In the last month.I am also same problem from star hub, mobile in motion charged me in my star hub bill on last month, per download $6.00, for 12 download total $ 72.00. i was call star hub, they can't solve this problem, i was explain to them, we are part of star hub customer, our bill must charged by star hub, why can't solve. But ask me to call mobile in motion. i was call mobile in motion no one answer. your gang know about this please share with me. Thanks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast