Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Charges by Mobile in Motion Pte Ltd

Default Charges by Mobile in Motion Pte Ltd

I am using the free MaxMobile from Starhub.

In the last 2 months, I got exhorbitant charges from this MIM company. This is for some sent/receive SMS that charged $6.00 per download, with 8dwlds, charged me $48.00. This is something that is really ridiculous and looks and feels like a scam. Almost like daylight robbery.

Anyone kenna this sh*t before? Got this since I put the SIM card in my Galaxy Tab.
    Do not be afraid [of ghost and bullies] Shoot them......

Default Re: Charges by Mobile in Motion Pte Ltd

Hi there!

I have been experiencing the same problem in my starhub mobile using iphone4 in the last two months. What action did you made? Please advise. Thanks!

Did yu sign up to a video streaming service from starhub? If not, call the customer service hotline immediately, and then also complain in Stomp.
    Alpha

I did not sign up on anything... Already called Starhub and they just advise me to call Mobile in Motion. Tried calling MiM but i still was not able to speak with anybody yet. Will try again and update here. Thanks!

First of all make sure that you did not sign anywhere or press any button on your phone to solicit this service.

No use just asking the service provider to help you.

You will be ignored.

You will be pushed to and fro.

They have no incentive to help you out of this trouble.

Some one is making money out of this. Multiply your case x 500,000 persons who think they are the only one and that their case is rare and just pay and never complain.

Do you realise how much money this means?

This is a gold mine.

A never ending income stream. Month after month. Forever as long as it is not stopped.

It is not know whether out of every $1 that the scam-sms-company earns from you, some % goes to the service provider. Hence the apparent reluctance to solve your case.

I had similar incident few years ago with another service provider and another scam-unsolicited-sms-company.

I complained to the service provider, to IDA and PMO. I named the scam-unsolicited-sms-company. I let IDA know that I had also complained to PMO.

Then the nonsense stopped.

also watched out for some ads pop out from some websites u visited asking u for your mobile no to enter some contest. there is charges involved in such ads.

sms *Mobile in Motion* unsub ? where *Mobile in Motion* = to 5 digit numbers? if, not qeual ,else then, throw phone to sea.
    Last edited by ninelives; 19th March 2012 at 12:03 AM.
    Objection !!!

Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    sms *Mobile in Motion* unsub ? where *Mobile in Motion* = to 5 digit numbers?

Sadly... doesn't work all the time

I've "unsub" and "unsub" tons of time... and still I get junk sms....

Scuba & Father... For Life

After writing to SH several times, the thing is still not resolved. They have already blocked this MIM thing, but the charges incurred in the last 2 months still exist and they are still sending me invoice.

I told them to waive the charges, or absorb or stop paying MIM. If not, I will switch ISP. They kept on telling me to call MIM. I just dun wanna to have any dealings with such a company or call them.

I have been busy these few months and haven't done much except writing to SH.

I guess writing to IDA and cc to my MP would do the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by La Fontaine View Post

I guess writing to IDA and cc to my MP would do the trick.
    i doubt your MP will bother such things.

Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    i doubt your MP will bother such things.
    Well, the thing is that it is a matter of stopping such companies from continuing to operate, to prevent others from going thru' what I have gone thru'. Also, the ISP shouldn't be supporting such such companies as well. Justice should be done.

As for my MP, well, I guess he should be able to do something as he has got close connection with a very powerful ministry. If he wanna to lift his fingers to give a call, I am quite sure that MIM company would be in deep sh*t.

When I got a traffic fine and that happens pretty often especially parking fines, I would willing pay them off without a fuss. As for this, I just refuse to accept this kind of scam.

Just wonder where else could I go to complain to be more effective. The Newpaper? Stomp? Somewhere that could attract lots of attention........

These few days, there are some news about some kind of consumer protection law that is being mooted. Wonder if that could be effective against such unscrupulous practice.
    Last edited by La Fontaine; 20th March 2012 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    First of all make sure that you did not sign anywhere or press any button on your phone to solicit this service.

No use just asking the service provider to help you.

You will be ignored.

You will be pushed to and fro.

They have no incentive to help you out of this trouble.

Some one is making money out of this. Multiply your case x 500,000 persons who think they are the only one and that their case is rare and just pay and never complain.

Do you realise how much money this means?

This is a gold mine.

A never ending income stream. Month after month. Forever as long as it is not stopped.

It is not know whether out of every $1 that the scam-sms-company earns from you, some % goes to the service provider. Hence the apparent reluctance to solve your case.

I had similar incident few years ago with another service provider and another scam-unsolicited-sms-company.

I complained to the service provider, to IDA and PMO. I named the scam-unsolicited-sms-company. I let IDA know that I had also complained to PMO.

Then the nonsense stopped.
    Yeah, the nonsense stopped, maybe, that scam company kenna closed down and that same crooks opened another company and start the same sh*t again.

I guess the best thing is to pressurise the ISP to stop supporting such sh*t and only IDA could do that.

Found out that there is this thing call Consumer Protection [Fair Trading] Act that came into force in Apr 2009.

Here is an extract:

4. What constitutes an unfair practice under the Act?

It is an unfair practice for a trader, in relation to a consumer transaction-

to do or say anything, or omit to do or say anything, if as a result a consumer might reasonably be deceived or misled;
    to make a false claim;
    to take advantage of a consumer if the trader knows or ought reasonably to know that the consumer
    is not in a position to protect his own interests; or

is not reasonably able to understand the character, nature, language or effect of the transaction or any matter related to the transaction; or

to do any of the 20 unfair practices listed in the Second Schedule of the Act.

The trader should provide the consumer with all relevant and material information so as not to mislead the consumer. The consumer can then make an informed decision. Traders should review their business practices; in particular, what information they provide to consumers and how they convey information.

The court, in determining whether or not a trader has engaged in an unfair practice, would consider the reasonableness of the actions of the trader. The court would also take into account, in granting remedies to the consumer, whether the consumer had tried to resolve the dispute with the trader before commencing the action and, if any specified dispute resolution scheme was available to the consumer in respect of the dispute, whether the consumer sought to resolve the dispute through such a scheme. The Financial Industry Disputes Resolution Centre Ltd (FIDReC) has been prescribed as a specified dispute resolution scheme in respect of disputes relating to MAS-related financial products or services supplied by a subscriber to FIDReC.

Not sure if such a practice by this MIM is covered by this Act.

Now, whatever it is, if this MIM kenna closed down, the same crooks will just open another company or even a few other companies to do the same sh*t again. The best thing would be for the ISP to stop supporting them.
    Last edited by La Fontaine; 21st March 2012 at 06:14 PM.

In the real world, you will be ignored. Even if you produce 20 volumes of rules and regulations. In Asia, they always look at 势力. Especially in China. Let us know what results you get after talking and writing 20 times to the ISP and the scam-sms-company. None? Told you, already, mah... This is the real world.

Blog Entries

I just got scammed by MIM .... Bill came up to $42 ....... Called Starhub and told them I am not paying for this piece of crap ....
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

Quote Originally Posted by Zenten View Post
    I just got scammed by MIM .... Bill came up to $42 ....... Called Starhub and told them I am not paying for this piece of crap ....
    If you go to their website, you can see that basically anyone can subscribe any number they like to the service.
    So if you are not happy with their response, you can subscribe their number.. or your MP's

There is already a proposed Data Protection Bill (DPB) waiting to be passed in parliament.

If all goes as planned, a Do-Not-Call (DNC) or Message registry will be implemented by the year 2014.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Quote Originally Posted by Zenten View Post
    And then, what's next?

Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    There is already a proposed Data Protection Bill (DPB) waiting to be passed in parliament.

If all goes as planned, a Do-Not-Call (DNC) or Message registry will be implemented by the year 2014.
    That is quite a long time to wait la.

Quote Originally Posted by hanzohattori View Post
    If you go to their website, you can see that basically anyone can subscribe any number they like to the service.
    So if you are not happy with their response, you can subscribe their number.. or your MP's
    Good idea!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast