View Poll Results: Which compact camera would you like to have?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sony Nex7

18 26.87%
  • Fujifilm X-Pro1

22 32.84%
  • Ricoh GXR A16 M-Mount / A16 24-80mm Zoom

3 4.48%
  • Olympus OM-D (if rumors are correct)

5 7.46%
  • Samsung NX20 (if rumors are correct)

1 1.49%
  • GX1 or EP-3 + 20mm f1.7

8 11.94%
  • I willl wait for better bodies

10 14.93%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which compact camera body would you like to have

Default Which compact camera body would you like to have

There are a lot of hype for the new camera bodies from Sony, Fujifilm, Ricoh, Panasonic and Olympus. Just thinking if which camera set would you like to have:
    Treat life like a photography: capture every moment; enjoy each shot; don't miss a frame.

Default Re: Which compact camera body would you like to have

Leica M9. thanks very much. you're offering to give us what we would like to have right?

Hahaha. M9 is not on the poll because I don't have budget for it. Me torn between Sony Nex7 and X-Pro1 but maybe this poll can change my mind.
    Treat life like a photography: capture every moment; enjoy each shot; don't miss a frame.

why buy something that every uses? in the end you might not be happy with what everyone else is using.

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoBees View Post
    Hahaha. M9 is not on the poll because I don't have budget for it. Me torn between Sony Nex7 and X-Pro1 but maybe this poll can change my mind.
    Buy whats right for you, not what others tell you to. Be an adult, make your own decision.
    Alpha

Of course I will buy what I think is right for me. I just want to know the popular choice amongst you guys reason why I have the poll. Are you not curious which of these new products are much awaited and hot?

Im not curious. lol.. im only interested in the 1 im interested..

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoBees View Post
    Of course I will buy what I think is right for me. I just want to know the popular choice amongst you guys reason why I have the poll. Are you not curious which of these new products are much awaited and hot?
    Nope. Because I'm not a fashionista who buys what is "hot" or "much awaited". I place value on how it would help me as a tool, not on whether or not people will "oooh" and "aaah" over it.
    Alpha

a G12 or G1x that runs on AA batteries.

ah well.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

I'm not curious too as there is already plenty of info and write-ups via the web for all the cameras mentioned to help me decide.

Unless TS is using this for research and other work/school related purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    Unless TS is using this for research and other work/school related purposes.
    Nah. It's to pick up chicks.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    there're some farms at the Lim Chu Kang area that have many chicks. but of course, they might not take so well to a large human form trying to scoop up as many as possible with 2 hands

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Hahaha! Nice! But I'm strictly monogamous. Also you don't need camera to be a chick magnet. Also thank you guys for replying and posting because it refreshes the post. Keep it up!
    Last edited by PhotoBees; 29th January 2012 at 08:53 AM.

A bit too many gaps in your poll. Why not G3/GH2? I find that a better proposition to EP3/GX1 for m4/3.

Ricoh GXR with A16 module seems to be a limiting option compared to the others listed, shouldn't it be GXR with M-module or the 28mm and 50mm modules?

If its a camera system right now, I'd go for m4/3 with its avaliable choices of small primes or pancake zoom.

The Fuji XPro1 would be the one to watch for me if the lenses perform well. No system on APS-C format atm has given a better proposition of small and fast native lenses like the Fuji has, which is its strongest point.

But I'm really waiting for Pentax K-mount MILC

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309
    Leica M9. thanks very much. you're offering to give us what we would like to have right?
    Apparently poor metering, bad at high ISO, manual focus, no VR/IS, manual focus, and way over priced (usually also means servicing cost a bomb)... You sure you want?

Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post
    Apparently poor metering, bad at high ISO, manual focus, no VR/IS, manual focus, and way over priced (usually also means servicing cost a bomb)... You sure you want?
    if it's free why not

Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    A bit too many gaps in your poll. Why not G3/GH2? I find that a better proposition to EP3/GX1 for m4/3.

Ricoh GXR with A16 module seems to be a limiting option compared to the others listed, shouldn't it be GXR with M-module or the 28mm and 50mm modules?

If its a camera system right now, I'd go for m4/3 with its avaliable choices of small primes or pancake zoom.

The Fuji XPro1 would be the one to watch for me if the lenses perform well. No system on APS-C format atm has given a better proposition of small and fast native lenses like the Fuji has, which is its strongest point.

But I'm really waiting for Pentax K-mount MILC
    Hi. Thanks for highlighting these details. I guess I need to read more on m4/3.

personally i would choose Nex 7 , x1pro or GXR in no order IF you want to mount M mount lenses. with nex 7 and gxr being my first 2 choices cos of peaking mode. till now i dont think any has been said on the manual focusing of x1pro i believe..

if i were to buy a new system completely without considering other mount lenses and need AF, i would choose EP3/Om-D/GX1 with 12 f2/25 1.4 m4/3 lenses.

if i were to mount all sorts of lenses and have largest MP count, nex7.
    as of now, nex series e-mount dont have alot of lenses to offer, so it is very hard to commit too much to it.. so nex 7 will mainly be used to do all sort of lenses haha.
    so really boils down to your needs. X1pro to the previews i have seen, dont really perform that well to AF, so if AF is your kind of thing, then m4/3 bodies like OM-D , gx1, ep3 will serve u better. i just randomly chose OM-D btw, cos i would love to see what they would offer on this.
    M10|M6 Millenium|50mm f1 e58|35 f1.4 FLE|35mm f2 V1 germany|15mm V f4.5 VIII|50mm Zeiss f2

1Ds III + 600mm, miniature version
    Fujifilm X-Pro2 Graphite, X-Pro1
    XF 14/2.8, 18/2, 23/2, 35/1.4, 56/1.2, 60/2.4, 55-200/3.5-4.8

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast