Thread: Nikon 20-24mm and Tokina 12-24mm and Sigma 10-20mm

Default Nikon 20-24mm and Tokina 12-24mm and Sigma 10-20mm

Hi, looking into getting one of this for an UWA. Anyone can help provide some indication of prices (both new and also used if possible) that will help me to decide? Just need to know roughly the ballpark price and no need for shop name if the information is considered sensitive. The Nikon 20-24mm is the dream but may be out of reach but good to know what the street price in Singapore is like so can make the "final" decision. Thank a bunch.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Nikon 20-24mm and Tokina 12-24mm and Sigma 10-20mm

Quote Originally Posted by mindeyes View Post
    Hi, looking into getting one of this for an UWA. Anyone can help provide some indication of prices (both new and also used if possible) that will help me to decide? Just need to know roughly the ballpark price and no need for shop name if the information is considered sensitive. The Nikon 20-24mm is the dream but may be out of reach but good to know what the street price in Singapore is like so can make the "final" decision. Thank a bunch.
    There is no 20-24 from Nikon... do you mean 10-24?

If you need the 10mm, you only have the various Sigma lenses (8-16, 10-20 f/3.5, 10-20 variable aperture)

Tokina has another 11-16mm f/2.8. Comes close to 10mm, has f/2.8 (if you see a use for that. I don't use large apertures for my UWA), and in the latest version, features some improved coating.

Then there's your 12-24mm f/4 by tokina. Just buy what you like.

Tamron also has a 10-24. You can look at that too. I shall reserve my judgment on this lens.
    KF Photography
    Thanks for viewing!

I tried the Tokina before; for DX body it is a good choice.

If you are into FX, I am not sure but if you google and check around, there's useful range that the FX body can use without must light loss

Hi everyone, thanks for all the advices. Have decided to go for the Nikon 10-24. Went to SLS today and got a good quote of $12++ for original Nikon with 1 year warranty. It's for my Sony Nex-5N (use with Nikon-G-Nex adaptor)

Blog Entries

Hi everyone, thanks for all the advices. Have decided to go for the Nikon 10-24. Went to SLS today and got a good quote of $12++ for original Nikon with 1 year warranty. It's for my Sony Nex-5N (use with Nikon-G-Nex adaptor)
    That is an overkill if you ask me. But enjoy your purchases and have fun.

Have fun!
    KF Photography
    Thanks for viewing!

Blog Entries

enjoy your new toy ^^
    Lousy de My Flickr