Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Newbie here

Default Re: Newbie here

Quote Originally Posted by voice123 View Post
    ya its something to do with the "f" on the lens right
    lower "f" more expensive -.-
    and more blur
    erm...basically you have to consider at least 3 things.. yea..1 of it is the F stop.
    Not exactly true the lower the more expensive.. But you somewhat get the idea right though..

Really, like mentioned before..go read up the basics..search online or get some books.

Hello!

As recommended by many csers in this thread,ya you need to shoot more and read the manual. I would like to add on to the sharings.... Read "Understanding Exposure" by Bryan Peterson and don't be discouraged if your photos received negative comments. Just pew pew pew! Happy shooting!

Last edited by cowmera; 30th January 2012 at 04:55 AM.
    I'm a cow with a camera

Hello friends ..
    new in these forum...I have a Nikon 85mm lens for my Nikon D90, which i just bought not too long ago it focuses, but will not zoom even though there is a thing to zoom with is it broke or is it suppost to be like that??
    http://www.south-pak.com/solutions/custom-cases/

Quote Originally Posted by martinabbi View Post
    new in these forum...I have a Nikon 85mm lens for my Nikon D90, which i just bought not too long ago it focuses, but will not zoom even though there is a thing to zoom with is it broke or is it suppost to be like that??
    First of all: if you want responses then don't post your question into a common "Hi, welcome, here I am, me too and whatnot" thread but open a new one with your specific question. Secondly: you buy a 85mm lens and look for the zoom ring..? That's a good one ..
    Please spend some time reading and understanding, before you buy something that you have no clue about.
    Zoom lenses: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoom_lens
    Prime lenses: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_lens
    Check the Nikon website with the lens line-up, read, they also have explanations there.
    Last edited by Octarine; 2nd February 2012 at 04:28 PM.
    EOS

Hello friends ..
    would it happen to be this 85mm Nikkor lens?

http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/images1/85mm-f18-af/85-f18-af.jpg

If yes, then it doesn't zoom
    Exploring! :)

Quote Originally Posted by martinabbi
    Hello friends ..
    If its an 85mm then there is no zoom. What you are turning is the focusing ring, not zoom ring.

Hello friends ..
    Pls try not to hijack other people's thread. I believe...you are confused what is Zoom lens and what is a Prime lens? go find out.
    Yes you can still Zoom..but not with the zoom ring..since it probably dosent and will not exists.. Zoom with your legs.

Quote Originally Posted by OhMyYoong
    Hello all.

Just bought a D90 not too long ago, very new to camera and lense stuff.
    Any advice from you guys? Hahas.
    Hi friend, mind if u tell where u bought Nikon d90 and wat the price? Thank..

Quote Originally Posted by Iryan sapranos View Post
    Hi friend, mind if u tell where u bought Nikon d90 and wat the price? Thank..
    Thank you for not hijacking other people's thread with your (here irrelevant) questions. We have a price guide, pick up the phone and give the shops a call.
    EOS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123