Thread: digi cabi Digital Hygrometer not working

Default digi cabi Digital Hygrometer not working

Hi everyone,just bought a Digi Cabi D050 ytd,something is wrong with my Hygrometer i think,i on the power i saw the readings coming out,but after 15 mins after power on,i went in to check and the Hygrometer do not have any readings at all now..,i guess something is wrong with the Hygrometer right?just 1 day old and i just on it 15 mins ago out from box

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iittoo
    Hi everyone,just bought a Digi Cabi D050 ytd,something is wrong with my Hygrometer i think,i on the power i saw the readings coming out,but after 15 mins after power on,i went in to check and the Hygrometer do not have any readings at all now..,i guess something is wrong with the Hygrometer right?just 1 day old and i just on it 15 mins ago out from box
    Then bring back to service cent or shop?
    Lousy de My Flickr

Default Re: digi cabi Digital Hygrometer not working

Likely there's nothing wrong with the hygrometer (although, impossible is nothing), but rather your expectations need some adjustments.
    A dry cabinet is not a shock freezer where you turn on power and 15min later "Ding" it's done. The process of lowering the humidity inside takes a few hours, more than 24h is not unusual depending on the environmental conditions in your place (e.g. whether you use aircon or not), the size of the cabinet and the humidity of what you put inside (dry cabinets are not meant for cameras only).
    So put in your equipment, adjust the cabinet to target humidity of about 45% (or: if you have AD series, turn the knob somewhere between green and red area) - and wait! Come bac checking after 6h and you should see some progress. Wait at least for another 24h before you make further adjustments. Humidity should be equal or lower 45%. Lower than 45% is also fine, nothing to panic. In the meantime do yourself a favour and read the manual and the many similar threads here about dry cabinets. Search function is upper right hand, help yourself.
    Last edited by Octarine; 26th January 2012 at 01:02 PM.
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Likely there's nothing wrong with the hygrometer (although, impossible is nothing), but rather your expectations need some adjustments.
    A dry cabinet is not a shock freezer where you turn on power and 15min later "Ding" it's done. The process of lowering the humidity inside takes a few hours, more than 24h is not unusual depending on the environmental conditions in your place (e.g. whether you use aircon or not), the size of the cabinet and the humidity of what you put inside (dry cabinets are not meant for cameras only).
    So put in your equipment, adjust the cabinet to target humidity of about 45% (or: if you have AD series, turn the knob somewhere between green and red area) - and wait! Come bac checking after 6h and you should see some progress. Wait at least for another 24h before you make further adjustments. Humidity should be equal or lower 45%. Lower than 45% is also fine, nothing to panic. In the meantime do yourself a favour and read the manual and the many similar threads here about dry cabinets. Search function is upper right hand, help yourself.
    The whole meter went blank,that is my main concern,do not have any readings at all,not that it never move..but just asking whether it is normal to have the hygrometer went blank?

Quote Originally Posted by Iittoo View Post
    The whole meter went blank,that is my main concern,do not have any readings at all,not that it never move..but just asking whether it is normal to have the hygrometer went blank?
    First question: do you have AD series or DHC series? Or: do you set humidity by turning the know inside (AD series) or by pushing some buttons next to the hygrometer (DHC, digital series)?
    For AD: change the battery. For DHC, check with the shop / service center. Digihub Service Center is in Tagore Lane, Upp Thomson Rd.
    EOS

Did you put battery in the hygrometer?
    .my flickr :: .my tumblr
    D90 : Nikon 50mm f/1.8 : Nikon 105mm f/4 : Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8

Quote Originally Posted by brkit View Post
    Did you put battery in the hygrometer?
    quite likely no? haha

could be battery leak. Thats what happened to me

I never checked mine, the acid corroded the meter now i use a analog one ..

Just happened today for me. Changed the battery and all's fine.......

haha! thanks for this forum. My DIGI Cabi DB-036 was also no reading for a month now. lucky i google "digi cabi hygrometer" and this thread pop out.
    This is what i have done:
    1) Open the dry cabiner door
    2) locate the hygrometer
    3) check hygrometer battery compartment(mine was behind hygrometer compartment)
    4) Take out & replace new AAA battery

And that's all.

or go simlim tower buy another small hygrometer to double check the humidty level...