Thread: Sharing:Why CCD is still the better option to better digital video output versus CMOS

Default Sharing:Why CCD is still the better option to better digital video output versus CMOS

While digital video has come long way and now it is very popular in digital camera as oppose to once a feature in digital camcorder, I still prefer that video is a feature among the camcorder versus on a digital camera. There are numerous reasons, technical, cost and trend that CMOS is used on camera and even on newer generation of camcorders. Yet given the current technology, I still feel CMOS still doesn't make it to surface as the more superior option versus CCD.

One Youtube clip to support one of the most popular reason
    CMOS vs 3CCD Heavy Vibration Test - YouTube

Therefore up till now, no matter how popular video is utilized in hobbies or even work productions in CMOS DSLR, it personally feel it is still not time to replace good video camcorders that are built using CCD technology. Just my take.
    Last edited by David Kwok; 26th January 2012 at 01:45 AM.
    D3S|N70-200|N24-70|N24-85|N50f1.4|N35f2|SB800|SB900|Yashica GS|S95
    www.flickr.com/photos/davidktw

Blog Entries

Default Re: Sharing:Why CCD is still the better option to better digital video output versus

Another interesting read:
    CMOS Rolling Shutter

Default Re: Sharing:Why CCD is still the better option to better digital video output versus

Global shutter should address the jello artifact.