Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Need advise before I purchase my tripod.

Default Re: Need advise before I purchase my tripod.

Quote Originally Posted by ymmij View Post
    thanks for answering my question. i have not bought a tripod since shooting in dslr so i am kind of lost in the whole selection of tripods available. plus i have not bought anything used from this forum before so kind of uncertain.

i have read stories of irresponsible sellers (plus buyers too to be fair). what is the usual price an amateur photographer would fork out to buy a tripod?
    The "usual" price will varies from different users with different budget. But personally, a good enough tripod will cost about $160+- (Sirui will fall in this category). There are tons of models from other brands like Manfrotto, Gitzo etc. But find what suits you best.

Factors such as Cost, Weight, Stability, Max Height, Max Load etc will be of consideration when selecting a tripod. So do give it some thoughts. But personally, I will recommend Sirui for users on low budget...I'm using a T1004X, Not too heavy, stable enough for my entry body with 17-50 and easy on pocket

I place Weight, Stability, Cost as my main criteria (Your mileage may vary). So, there will be a compromise on other factors, such as Max Height...
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

i went to TK to take a look at the sirus R1004 alu and CF, the weight or the alu really turn me off after i pick up the CF version...
    but when i look at the price tag...the CF 1 turn down me haha

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by voice123 View Post
    i went to TK to take a look at the sirus R1004 alu and CF, the weight or the alu really turn me off after i pick up the CF version...
    Are you already very lucky to be living in times where things are a lot cheaper... Just 5-10 years back, you see the price of CF tripods, you will faint

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Are you already very lucky to be living in times where things are a lot cheaper... Just 5-10 years back, you see the price of CF tripods, you will faint
    aiya cannot like tat compare 1 la..
    last time dslr oso not affordable by many

buying R1204 + G20 izzit cheaper in HK?
    will go there in feb

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by voice123
    buying R1204 + G20 izzit cheaper in HK?
    will go there in feb
    Sirui is selling at same prices in china where it is made. Don't think hk will be any cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by voice123 View Post
    Prior to arrival of Benro and Sirui, carbon fibre tripods are usually associated with the branded name "Gitzo" and comes with hefty price tag significantly over $1,000. With China-made carbon fibre priced at current level, the only item is for the photographer to "bite the bullet" and buy a correct tripod and use it for many years.

Merit of carbon fibre tripod has not changed. Price has reduced significantly and made more affordable to many.

Quote Originally Posted by ymmij

what is the usual price an amateur photographer would fork out to buy a tripod?
    When i started this hobby $100 seems expensive but once I found out why that tripod cannot fulfill my needs and bit the bullet for a real quality tripod, 500 seems worth it.

I paid $130+ for sirui and head, and been happy with it since. So it depends on your expectations.

But be realistic. How often u gonna to use it? Everyday? Every weekend? Every holiday? Every christmas?

I'm just a hobbyist, weekend shooter. Since the day I bought the tripod in early 2011, I only used less than 10 times. So since I don't use it everyday, $130+ tripod is more than enough.

My pictures are no worse than a carbon fibre tripod.....

Just a check. Where is the service centre for SIRUI tripod in SG?

Or do I have to bring it back to where i purchase if there is some defects along the years of usage?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by poppan
    Just a check. Where is the service centre for SIRUI tripod in SG?

Or do I have to bring it back to where i purchase if there is some defects along the years of usage?

Thanks.
    I bought my Sirui from TK and sent it back for repair when my tripod sleeve crack. It was due to some minor miss handling on my part. TK is kind enough to repaired it for me on the spot with no charge.
    Shoot First, Ask Questions Later...
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/jas_works/

Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    I paid $130+ for sirui and head, and been happy with it since. So it depends on your expectations.

But be realistic. How often u gonna to use it? Everyday? Every weekend? Every holiday? Every christmas?

I'm just a hobbyist, weekend shooter. Since the day I bought the tripod in early 2011, I only used less than 10 times. So since I don't use it everyday, $130+ tripod is more than enough.

My pictures are no worse than a carbon fibre tripod.....
    I do agree wif what you have said, I wont be using tripod often not like every weekends.
    I would want to carry the tripod around during my oversea holiday trip, I wont be travelling much also
    kinda hard to decide

Still up to you to decide...

The way I see it, the bottom line is...
    If got budget and willing to spend = CF
    If no budget yet want CF, save up then Buy the CF -.-
    If got budget and unwilling to spend "alot" = alum
    If no budget and unwilling to spend "alot" = alum
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike View Post
    Still up to you to decide...

The way I see it, the bottom line is...
    If got budget and willing to spend = CF
    If no budget yet want CF, save up then Buy the CF -.-
    If got budget and unwilling to spend "alot" = alum
    If no budget and unwilling to spend "alot" = alum
    HAHA skystrike! I love your landscape photos, can I ask what lens you use to take? isit the 10-22?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345