Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Need advise before I purchase my tripod.

Default Re: Need advise before I purchase my tripod.

Quote Originally Posted by bonrya View Post
    Ask Uncle Rhino to go with you... He can help you check...
    lol I would need coffee for that... hahahaha...
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Quote Originally Posted by justsochubby View Post
    Happy Chinese new year to everyone. I have done my research and even went down to try out the tripods. I am pondering over the SIRUI T2205X with K10 and Manfrotto 190XProB + Manfrotto 322RC2. Guys please advise me, I am facing difficulty deciding which to buy. I just need a light and sturdy tripod which I can bring around to take landscape pictures, fireworks and sun set.
    I have the 2205X for travels and days when I shoot with my M4/3.

Heaviest I've loaded on it is as follows:-

Arca Swiss C1 Cube - 1kg
    Nikon D3 - 1.3kg
    Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8 - 1kg

That's a total of 3.3kg and the tripod stood up pretty well. Pretty happy with it.

On the other hand, the 190 isn't something I would consider lightweight and compact and I pretty much prefer the Gitzo cloned G lock on the 2205X. Very few options out there that can beat the 2205X for the price.

I am currently using a Jusino AX-255C with a BT-02 head. It's slightly cheaper than the Sirui and it's basically the same! The tripod alone is only 1kg!! If you include the head it's just ender 1.3kg and has a removable leg as well.

I used to own a Manfrotto 190D with a 141RC 3-way head.... Man... that tripod is really heavy... it is a workhorse and has been with me over 10 years and is virtually indestructible... but it's the weight that is keeping it at home... so I've sold it ever since I got the Jusino... U can get the Jusino from EastGear near Lavender MRT... It's probably the best photographic accessory I've purchased for the last 5 years!

Quote Originally Posted by Kit View Post
    I have the 2205X for travels and days when I shoot with my M4/3.

Heaviest I've loaded on it is as follows:-

Arca Swiss C1 Cube - 1kg
    Nikon D3 - 1.3kg
    Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8 - 1kg

That's a total of 3.3kg and the tripod stood up pretty well. Pretty happy with it.

On the other hand, the 190 isn't something I would consider lightweight and compact and I pretty much prefer the Gitzo cloned G lock on the 2205X. Very few options out there that can beat the 2205X for the price.
    I found one that can beat the Sirui 2205X for the price... it's the Jusino AX-255+BT-02 head...

Quote Originally Posted by Seeto View Post
    I found one that can beat the Sirui 2205X for the price... it's the Jusino AX-255+BT-02 head...
    beating on price isn't the only criteria...
    Plenty of tripods beat the Sirui 2205X for price
    Exploring! :)

I look like a Carrot to the TK ppl cos of my office wear. HAHA gg to try out later

I look like a Carrot to the TK ppl cos of my office wear. HAHA gg to try out later
    what i like about TK, is that they have a price tag on each item displayed....
    so kena chopped by them is the last thing on my mind... dont worry..
    ~PeaceNoWar~

I don't think they will do anything to carrots anyway, I use to wear my office wear and visited them, and so far it is all friendly exchange... they never press me into buying anything or the such, I kind of like their service there (except for the rude uncle selling the tripod... oops... you are getting the tripod... hahahaha... anyway, he is okay lah, just always seemed pretty bad mood only.)
    Last edited by rhino123; 26th January 2012 at 01:23 PM.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

the tripods prices are publish in their site.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

TK is one place that states its price upfront and is quite open about it. It's not Cathay Photo (which doesn't really chop locals if you make it clear you are local) or Alan Photo (which tries to chop locals now and then if you're unlucky).

Try Uncle Philip.. He's the most friendly, soft-spoken sales person there (tall, lanky and sea specs).
    I always go to him, and he is sooo frank, sometime, he'll flip the booklet (for the price they should sell with GST incl). and tell me very frankly - that's the Best price.

Please don't expect them to sell any lower than GST incl. prices, or even at the GST incl. price. They need to pay rent too.. So like $5 - $10 above is ok...

Save more, can try Gitzo + Markin. Then the only reason you'd need to change is cos you're feeling rich after receiving your bonus.. That combo worked well for me for 2yrs +. Still going strong... Cheers...
    The DIFFERENCE is not in the "Cue", it is in the SKILLS...

I always wear office wear when I visit TK. I don't think they chop carrot. While I also patronize other shops like Cathay and can get good prices from them if you know them, TK's prices are usually reasonable upfront. So I usually advise my friends to go TK if they do not know any camera salesman. They might be $10 or $20 more than the cheapest shop in Funan but I go there because I don't have to worry about being chopped.

As for tripod, I have used the 190 and it is not only heavy, it is not stable enough for me with a big lens. I think Sirui is a better choice as its design is closer to Gitzo, which are definitely steadier than its sister brand, Manfrotto. In the old days there is only pricey Gitzo if you want that stability, now there are so many brands like Sirui and Benro, so isn't the choice easy?

Yes I went Cathay Photo, and I got Carrot for the UV filter. NB I still buy my DSLR from them.

Happy Chinese new year to everyone. I have done my research and even went down to try out the tripods. I am pondering over the SIRUI T2205X with K10 and Manfrotto 190XProB + Manfrotto 322RC2. Guys please advise me, I am facing difficulty deciding which to buy. I just need a light and sturdy tripod which I can bring around to take landscape pictures, fireworks and sun set.
    both tripod surely can allow u to take landscape pictures, fireworks and sunset.

so the only difference is the weight.

Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    TK is one place that states its price upfront and is quite open about it. It's not Cathay Photo (which doesn't really chop locals if you make it clear you are local) or Alan Photo (which tries to chop locals now and then if you're unlucky).
    they display listed price on their item, and offer street price to street smart photographers.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    both tripod surely can allow u to take landscape pictures, fireworks and sunset.

so the only difference is the weight.
    Nono and also the price. Manfrotto is more expensive compared to the Sirui tripod

Nono and also the price. Manfrotto is more expensive compared to the Sirui tripod
    TS nvr mention budget mah.

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    they display listed price on their item, and offer street price to street smart photographers.
    You are talking about Cathay, right?

Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    TS nvr mention budget mah.
    My budget is between $150-$250. I am still considering the 2nd hand tripod T2205 + K10 head which is priced at $300. I checked yesterday, the salesman quote me $360 as he gave me $8 discount if I buy now. Sth like CNY special.

The tripod is 4 months, condition should be quite good, with warranty and receipt still inplaced. Bro/sis do you think it is a good deal.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast