Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Taking off lens while camera still turned on

Default Re: Taking off lens while camera still turned on

Quote Originally Posted by GRbenji View Post
    Since we are on this power-off issue, may be we can cover the removal and replacement of battery and storage media as well.
    As power will be automatically turned off when battery compartment door or storage media compartment door is opened, what's your habit? Do you still off the power switch?
    For what purpose? I never switch off the cam, neither for changing lenses nor memory cards or lenses. One should take note of the red read / write indicator for the memory card, that's all. Newer models will display a warning if any process is still accessing the card. These little switches in the door are perfect, makes changing battery and cards so easy considering also the unergonomic placement of the power switch at 40D and 50D.
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    For what purpose? I never switch off the cam, neither for changing lenses nor memory cards or lenses. One should take note of the red read / write indicator for the memory card, that's all. Newer models will display a warning if any process is still accessing the card. These little switches in the door are perfect, makes changing battery and cards so easy considering also the unergonomic placement of the power switch at 40D and 50D.
    Can't say for all brands but for my canon, openning the media door has not problem even when camera is still recording, eg video. It'll complete saving before off. However, openning battery cover during recording will lose it.

good question. I had this question in my head for a while but didn't bother as I made the "mistake" too many times and see no significant difference.
    D7000 + 50mm

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12