Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to obtain more than 1 focus.

Default Re: How to obtain more than 1 focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Amateur108 View Post
    Ermm, i try to limit my ISO so as to ensure quality...kiasu i guess. haha
    If you really are kiasu, then learn about photography first. You are crimping in all the wrong areas. By dialing in -0.7 EV and limiting yourself to ISO200, you are not "maximizing quality", you are sabotaging your own pictures.

Why buy a camera if you do not use it's capabilities? Why are you deliberately limiting yourself?
    Alpha

the -0.7EV and the 1/8s seem abit contradicting here..

the subject 2 looks like christopher lee.. lol
    Alpha
    Want to get back to photography

dialing exposure compensation is when you see the scene have either have lots of dark shade or light tone, which will fool the camera meter and make an incorrect exposure on your main subject.
    so did you see a lot of dark shade in this scene?
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Er... actually where is your focus point? Because I find the cabinet behind the two person is relatively sharper... was it that you are actually focusing on that instead of the two persons, and coupled with the low shutter speed, you are not able to freeze any movement?
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Quote Originally Posted by Amateur108 View Post
    P mode
    focal length 36mm
    f-stop: f/4.2
    shutter speed: 1/8
    exp compensation -0.7
    First, open your aperture to widest. Up ISO to about 800 or higher (that's my starting point for any indoor shots, and usually I ended up going as high as 1200-1600). By then your shutter speed should hopefully be 1/30-1/50. Pray really hard that everything will be clear (even at 1/50, there's chance that handshake/the person's movement may blur the shot) then shoot.

ur shutter speed is too slow.
    Stirring up emotions with pics - cyliew

Use your eyes and make a rough gauge. When you think that indoor and outdoor lightings are somewhat similar, bring your camera out and compare the settings. You'll notice that outdoor lightings are much better though your eye disagrees

Quote Originally Posted by area0404 View Post
    First, open your aperture to widest. Up ISO to about 800 or higher (that's my starting point for any indoor shots, and usually I ended up going as high as 1200-1600). By then your shutter speed should hopefully be 1/30-1/50. Pray really hard that everything will be clear (even at 1/50, there's chance that handshake/the person's movement may blur the shot) then shoot.
    your idea is there, but that's somewhat NOT what you should do all the time.

if you're using a long focal length with a very wide aperture, you're gonna get a thin DOF, which will affect how much will be in focus.

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    your idea is there, but that's somewhat NOT what you should do all the time.

if you're using a long focal length with a very wide aperture, you're gonna get a thin DOF, which will affect how much will be in focus.
    Yea. Hahahahaha! This only applies to his current situation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12