Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: growing Chinese arrogance

Blog Entries

Default Re: growing Chinese arrogance

Quote Originally Posted by Benign View Post
    Strangely, I see the growing discontents with China this China that......but very few look back into history.

A hundred years ago, China was at the brink of dominated by foreign powers. Unfair treaties were passed time after time..... Chinese were treated as second class people. Chinese were persecuted everywhere across the World. The world kept quiet !

Today, through hard works and perserverance. Chinese excelled in every fields around the world. But now this has viewed as a threat

In short, I sense nothing but FEAR.

Being a Chinese and well travelled! This is just my two cents worth:
    Don't worry, China will not dump your (sovereign)bonds or close its market on you. We have lived through hardships and pains of almost being colonised. We are also very patient with your unhappiness. As long as you can lend us your ears.... we can talk(work) it over! That's the preferred choice I hope.

Is it wronged we worked harder and spend less. Unlike most of this world.
    However, once China decided(open its market) to spend more..in another word, consumed more.... the world complained the cost of petrol, metals and 'bad tourists'!

Hypocrisy?
    100 years ago, world was having ww1 and was popping flares.

Quote Originally Posted by dreaming View Post
    truly speaking, China opening up to the market has bring more harm than good. Quality issue is affecting the whole world. there are many cases of copying , faking products. this include electronics, cable, food, branded goods..
    Really?

My Sirui tripod is holding up fine. Yes, it's a clone of certain tripods, but how has that harmed photographers (seeing how this is a photographic community)?

We used to be at the mercy of the original brands for accessories such as remotes, cable releases - had to pay exorbitant prices for things so simple. Today there are China-made alternatives at a fraction of the price. How has this harmed photographers?

You do realise that these arguments can be extended into other faucets in life. Let's not take an argument and push it so far beyond reasonable comprehension, shall we? Just because you may have personal unhappiness with people from a country, doesn't mean that everything to do with, or coming out from that country is bad, bad, bad.

Btw, not sure how you can copy and fake food.

Quote Originally Posted by DM101 View Post
    Yeh yeh you forget - 1+ billion pple consume a lot, bringing up prices of oil, gas, food. Worse for a country achieving more than 10% growth for decades the currency exhcngae still stay "deflated". What this means investments is not going other developing nations - which should had been their turn to prosper from foreign investment.
    Bolded part is true to a certain extent, but high consumption doesn't just apply to China - and to a certain extent, it's not just about the people, but how much excesses they indulge in. Objectivity is about looking at everyone through the same glasses and not just liberally labelling one country when the rest make the same sort of "contributions".

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/business...on-mark-today/

Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    Really?

My Sirui tripod is holding up fine. Yes, it's a clone of certain tripods, but how has that harmed photographers (seeing how this is a photographic community)?

We used to be at the mercy of the original brands for accessories such as remotes, cable releases - had to pay exorbitant prices for things so simple. Today there are China-made alternatives at a fraction of the price. How has this harmed photographers?

You do realise that these arguments can be extended into other faucets in life. Let's not take an argument and push it so far beyond reasonable comprehension, shall we? Just because you may have personal unhappiness with people from a country, doesn't mean that everything to do with, or coming out from that country is bad, bad, bad.

some examples..

China's food safety | The Economist

China in fake baby food scare

Made in China: tainted food, fake drugs and dodgy paint | Business | The Guardian

Blog Entries

lets keep the debate to just attitudes shall we?

Really?

ok, take it as your Sirui tripod is exceptional case w.r.t. Photography.. i have seen many items that cost many times your tripod n most are not meant for hobby that perform below spec. the lifespan / quality of the items is disappointing as compared to the original. If you are surrounded by camera and photography only, Please do yourself a favour by looking beyond this horizon. you will see/hear or even experience it. Items like Crane, Electronics, sensors, motor, power supply, etc. i know that we have to accept the fact that countries are moving towards mainland for mass production. Does it mean we have to live with the poor standard of living / quality / shorter shell life? The most annoying part is supplier are taking in the cheaper goods and re-market them as original 奸商

Eerr...can i ask, this channel is hong kong tv or china tv? Cos the lady looked uneasy when the guy keep saying "wam pa tan".....

Quote Originally Posted by edutilos-

Bro, you may want to check out fake eggs made from chemical, fake rice mix with plastic, Cardboard char Siu Bao.

Recently, gutter oil.

Most important milk with melamine.

The list goes on, that is why you need to choose where to eat carefully in china.
    Shoot First, Ask Questions Later...
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/jas_works/

Quote Originally Posted by jsprtan View Post
    Bro, you may want to check out fake eggs made from chemical, fake rice mix with plastic, Cardboard char Siu Bao.

Recently, gutter oil.

Most important milk with melamine.

The list goes on, that is why you need to choose where to eat carefully in china.
    Thanks. I knew about all that, admittedly that seems relatively unique to China. Was trying to think about "copying" food, because it was mixed up with duplicate designs, etc.
    Last edited by edutilos-; 26th January 2012 at 10:22 PM.

Really?

Fake food??

Very simple,

they have faked eggs and even roast pidgeons (using rats)... u wanna try??

I don't
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    Fake food??

Very simple,

they have faked eggs and even roast pidgeons (using rats)... u wanna try??

I don't
    Haha, I was thinking about fake laksa, fake in the sense that it was adapted from the Singaporean version? Not food that is not food!

Blog Entries

Haha, I was thinking about fake laksa, fake in the sense that it was adapted from the Singaporean version? Not food that is not food!
    cannot liddat one... copy fake is... imitation... (laksa without coconut.)

the other is innovate/reinvent the wheel/creative leh. cardboard for bao i'm sure its more green than rearing pigs for pork. they pioneering the green revolution!

jokes aside... back to attitudes and culture?

Part 2 of the story HK fight back..

http://news.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne...26-324108.html
    Shoot First, Ask Questions Later...
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/jas_works/

Peking University Students Urge Kong Qingdong's Dismissal:

That is why Asia is weary of China military assertive nature... see today ST news. Such assertiveness only helps gels Asian countries to the US side.

US in talks to increase heavier military presence in the Philippines

Quote Originally Posted by DM101 View Post
    TV news says vast oil deposits under the sea in disputed territory. Now you know why US is doing this. Compare with Rwanda which has no oil deposits - 800,000 people killed and US President Clinton administration refused to do anything.

Bad gets worse: Shanghai's version of Hong Kong's locust ad : Shanghaiist

which is based on HK version here:

Apple Daily Hong Kong runs ad against mainland "locusts": Shanghaiist

even the Shanghai people are not happy with the Chinese who are not Shanghai native.

No one likes their culture to be affected, no one likes to be commanded and told to not speak your native language and dialects and speak Mandarin..

If China promotes multi culture, it will only grow stronger and be very vibrant and colorful!

As for me, I really love Shanghai dialect, it is a treasure of this world!

Last year there is conflict between China northern people and the Canto province people.. if i am not wrong, one of the cause is about use of language also..

a whole China speaking Mandarin and nothing else is good to control and govern, but boring and there is no light! no mood..

imagine the pain of other smaller race... the newspaper won't even notice them!

nice.. so creative.. i like the edited lyrics..

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast