Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: growing Chinese arrogance

Default Re: growing Chinese arrogance

Quote Originally Posted by ManWearPants View Post
    Singapore probably gets taken over first. I already feel like living in China when walking along the streets here. There are so many speaking chinese slang.
    hahahahaha
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

I think the female already realised something not right and he started scolding lol

was this a live show?
    Canon 600D | 18 - 55 mm | 50 mm f/1.8 II

Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    Just who is that a$$hole guy?? All his comments are totally worthless and crap.

I hate the mainland chinese who thinks that they are the world and that just because they have some money to travel, they are the KING anywhere. I was in Hong Kong previously and I can understand why the Hong Kongers dislike the mainland chinese. They are rude, crass and do not have any MANNERS whatsoever.

I was so irritated with their behaviour in the Ocean Park that even I had to raise my voice and scold a couple of them for continuously flashing within the dark exhibits when it is clearly stated in at least 2 languages that FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY is NOT ALLOWED.

That said, I do have Chinese mainland friends and think that not all of them are like this, but they really are a growing trend of being irritating when they travel.
    When i am in macau, i wanted to take the ruin of st paul. I was using my monorail lf and setting up to exposure takes time. Halfway through when i am preparing to meter the area, a group of china tourist arrived. They spoke very loud and some of them noticed that i have such a camera and crowded around me trying to see what is in my ground glass. I think no harm and decided to pause and keep my misc equipment like light meter and loupe in my bag and wait. I even release the shutter so they can see though (i doubt the possibility with my f8 lens.) But what irritated me is that some tried to touch my camera and play with stuff like my knob, one even attempted to touch my lens. I shoved them off and they seems irritated. In the end, i don't feel like continuing and took a simple shot with my handphone and left.

They seems a lack in respecting people especially the richer group who thinks that can afford everything and they are arrogant thinking that they have the class when their mindset and attitude is so horrible. I find the issue with most people who thinks they are in a different class due to high education level or cash rich lacks a proper humble, understanding and respect for others mindset.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkEUv...e_gdata_player

Im not sure who is at fault but this is funny. "we Chinese are civilized and humble people."
    I'm a cow with a camera

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwPoU...e_gdata_player

Asian lady beat black lady in the bus. Wah that chinese auntie is fierce!
    I'm a cow with a camera

Quote Originally Posted by cowmera View Post
    asian lady beats black lady on bus in Chinatown - YouTube

Asian lady beat black lady in the bus. Wah that chinese auntie is fierce!
    because the black woman put bags on the seat and dont allow the chinese woman to sit. so the chinese woman got fed up and argued with the black woman.
    Objection !!!

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    The video shows a cultural divide between PRC mainlanders and Hong Kongers.
    The adult man made a super big fuss over a very small thing.
    A child eating on the MTR only needs to be persuaded nicely that in HK, eating on the MTR is not allowed.
    There is no need for the Hong Kong man to continue shouting at a small child in front of everyone else.
    His behaviour shows that he lacks class. It is also very bullying. .

rico ah rico...this is only part of the video....the child was eating, the man told them nicely not to eat(0:20)....then the mother became un-reasonable and scolded the man....hence the argument.... you dont read subtitle????

imaging if you ask someone not to eat in MRT, then someone scold you and mind your own business...or stfu, what will you do?

and kids need more discipline nowadays..the way i see my cousins or nephews behave..i shake my head.......but they are not my kids... so i mind my own business..
    Last edited by ninelives; 25th January 2012 at 02:23 AM.
    Objection !!!

does this count as military arrogance?

Quote Originally Posted by ninelives

because the black woman put bags on the seat and dont allow the chinese woman to sit. so the chinese woman got fed up and argued with the black woman.
    Her black lady probably assumed that a middle aged auntie cannot fight and she got a shock when she unleash her fury! If I'm that auntie, I'll ignore the black lady. No point talking sense to her.

Some Caucasians think that because they are bigger size, they can bully pint sized Asians. I have seen small built Asians walloping huge caucasians several times. "u broke my nose" *weep*
    I'm a cow with a camera

Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    rico ah rico...this is only part of the video....the child was eating, the man told them nicely not to eat(0:20)....then the mother became un-reasonable and scolded the man....hence the argument.... you dont read subtitle????

imaging if you ask someone not to eat in MRT, then someone scold you and mind your own business...or stfu, what will you do?

and kids need more discipline nowadays..the way i see my cousins or nephews behave..i shake my head.......but they are not my kids... so i mind my own business..
    yup. agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by kwanhan View Post

stupidity at its best, really.

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119
    I thought it was Eric Tsang doing a cameo lolzz.... cant believe the commentator is a Beijing U prof ....

this retort is hilarious

YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRa42geErIo&feature=related
    Got translation/ transcript?

It is a small episode. It will blow over. Hong Kong is a part of China whether the Hong Kongers like it or not. They better get used to it. For China to take Hong Kong back from Britain is a matter of national sovereignty. Hong Kongers should see PRC mainlanders as their own countrymen. And not act as if Hong Kong is "different".
    Actually Hong Kong depends a lot on PRC. As a hinterland, as a resource for water, import of basic food stuffs and most of all for security/defense. They better wake up.

Separately I wish that some European/Australian/American (WHITE) woman residing in Hong Kong now is aware of this incident; and then carry out a small social experiment together with her (WHITE) daughter on the MTR. For this experiment, they should dress very well, as if of a high social status and wealthy. During the trip once inside the MTR cabin, the daughter can bring out her hot dog or pasta and start eating. Purposely spill a bit of it on the floor. Monitor whether any Hong Kongers dare to comment or stop the daughter from eating. If NONE, then it says something about HK society.
    Last edited by ricohflex; 25th January 2012 at 11:27 PM.

i think the hongkonger guy is like 有理不饶人。just trying to make use of the chance to label them , u mainlanders ! i have met some very polite strangers in beijing , when i forgot to tie my shoelaces , one young woman reminded me on the bus , and whether in mrt or bus , before alighting if I am in the their way , they will politely say 'excuse me'
    he is overdoing it , uncivilized people can be anyone , everywhere . if parents are with kids outside , u think they can handle them easily ?esp if those kids are naughty

Quote Originally Posted by kwanhan View Post

It was a faulty China made 155mm High Explosive (HE) artillery fuse that killed two of our young NSFs back in 1997 during Exercise Thunder Warrior.

Ironically, the contract for the 155mm High Explosive (HE) artillery fuse was awarded to an American company who subsequently outsourced them to China.
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 26th January 2012 at 01:42 AM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    stupidity at its best, really.
    A good way to thin the herd down...
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    It was a faulty China made 155mm High Explosive (HE) artillery fuse that killed two of our young NSFs back in 1997 during Exercise Thunder Warrior.

Ironically, the contract for the 155mm High Explosive (HE) artillery fuse was awarded to an American company who subsequently outsourced them to China.
    truly speaking, China opening up to the market has bring more harm than good. Quality issue is affecting the whole world. there are many cases of copying , faking products. this include electronics, cable, food, branded goods..

ANW, who doesn't want to rip more profit by buying low and selling high and the whole world is rotting..

Quote Originally Posted by dreaming View Post
    truly speaking, China opening up to the market has bring more harm than good. Quality issue is affecting the whole world. there are many cases of copying , faking products. this include electronics, cable, food, branded goods..

ANW, who doesn't want to rip more profit by buying low and selling high and the whole world is rotting..
    Sometime there are stuff that we complain about. But frankly speaking, we cannot do without it. China has the land, manpower and material to produce mass amount of product at low cost. Without mass production from china, you think how much your daily living will cost? Your handphone and computer might cost few thousands of dollar. Even simple MIC products can cost few times the amount when the MIC is not there anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by wootsk View Post
    Sometime there are stuff that we complain about. But frankly speaking, we cannot do without it. China has the land, manpower and material to produce mass amount of product at low cost. Without mass production from china, you think how much your daily living will cost? Your handphone and computer might cost few thousands of dollar. Even simple MIC products can cost few times the amount when the MIC is not there anymore.
    Yeh yeh you forget - 1+ billion pple consume a lot, bringing up prices of oil, gas, food. Worse for a country achieving more than 10% growth for decades the currency exhcngae still stay "deflated". What this means investments is not going other developing nations - which should had been their turn to prosper from foreign investment.

As China grow stronger miltary too Asia also at risk - imagine if they have aircraft carriers that can come close to your shores if you no listen to them like in the days of Zheng He. All you need is a "madman" at the helm.

That is why we still need US, Japan, SKorea, Russia, India, and maybe Taiwan to counter this dragon threat

Strangely, I see the growing discontents with China this China that......but very few look back into history.

A hundred years ago, China was at the brink of dominated by foreign powers. Unfair treaties were passed time after time..... Chinese were treated as second class people. Chinese were persecuted everywhere across the World. The world kept quiet !

Today, through hard works and perserverance. Chinese excelled in every fields around the world. But now this has viewed as a threat

In short, I sense nothing but FEAR.

Being a Chinese and well travelled! This is just my two cents worth:
    Don't worry, China will not dump your (sovereign)bonds or close its market on you. We have lived through hardships and pains of almost being colonised. We are also very patient with your unhappiness. As long as you can lend us your ears.... we can talk(work) it over! That's the preferred choice I hope.

Is it wronged we worked harder and spend less. Unlike most of this world.
    However, once China decided(open its market) to spend more..in another word, consumed more.... the world complained the cost of petrol, metals and 'bad tourists'!

Hypocrisy?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast