Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7222730313233343742 ... LastLast

Thread: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB - *60* You'll Never Walk Alone! Top 4!!!!

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB - *60* You'll Never Walk Alone! Top 4!!!!

Can high five and hug mah. if evra rejected then evra fault.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cowmera
    Suarez made a mistake. I won't want to shake Evra's hand but since he hypocritically stretched his hand out, Suarez should return his hypocritical handshake, it's courtesy. Millions are watching him. Can always wash his hands after that mah.

I don't blame Ferdinand for not shaking Suarez's hand as his brother is a victim of racism.
    Im glad Suarez is no hypocrite..he could wayang & shakehands with evra..its his principle..he stands by it i guess..his mistake was to tell LFC hes willing to a handshake..should say hes not willing so no handshake before game..

As for ferdie..Suarez case has nothing to do with his bro..its got to do with his fellow englishman..no excused for it juz as no excuse for absconding drug test

Shake or not, I think the damage was really because the lead-up to the match, where KD and even Ian Ayre promised that things would be calm and hunky-dory
    I know I personally hate hate hate it if one of my staff give me a banana peel to step on, what more in front of millions
    But selling seems like a kneejerk reaction leh. Think it boils down to sensational reporting, the media's lapping all this up
    Still, it's a move that intrigues me if the $ recouped is well spent. Can't think of any world-class strikers right now though. Mmmm Tevez?
    -------------------------------
    Endure. In enduring grow strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Zichar
    Shake or not, I think the damage was really because the lead-up to the match, where KD and even Ian Ayre promised that things would be calm and hunky-dory
    I know I personally hate hate hate it if one of my staff give me a banana peel to step on, what more in front of millions
    But selling seems like a kneejerk reaction leh. Think it boils down to sensational reporting, the media's lapping all this up
    Still, it's a move that intrigues me if the $ recouped is well spent. Can't think of any world-class strikers right now though. Mmmm Tevez?
    Tevez is juz like Suarez..gifted but stubborn..stand by what he think is right..not many manager has man-management skill good enough to handle players like that..mancini failed..oh..rednose failed too..tevez is too huge for him so off tevez goes to shitty..maybe harry redknap can manage this kinda players..big big egos but huge talent..

Ah but personally I think he only wants to be top dog
    Didn't get it in City's team filled with multi-million divas
    And prolly fought for attention with Fergie's favored 'son' Rooney, can tell how *that* turned out

Wears his heart on the sleeve and gives his all, critiques don't faze him
    Still a viable choice methinks; brings the passion and aggression - sometimes lacking in the current team
    Just hope he doesn't brawl with Bellamy...
    -------------------------------
    Endure. In enduring grow strong.

Well.. in my personal view if LFC sell Suarez this summer it's simply telling us "Yes, Suarez is trouble maker and must be removed, he's a disgrace to LFC", in other words this senile rednose is triumphant over what he has said before (suarez is a disgrace to LFC) which telling you that all what he said is 100% correct. Do you think so?

Seriously that means LFC can't even manage/handle whatever this rednose said or will say about LFC. Seems everything he said is true.
    If like that do you think LFC will be able to compete with this old toilet club (so long this senile rednose still in charge)? not only in game play, i'm talking about media handling, club reputation, etc
    Seems like LFC is nothing to him i would say..

Quote Originally Posted by guseliz
    Well.. in my personal view if LFC sell Suarez this summer it's simply telling us "Yes, Suarez is trouble maker and must be removed, he's a disgrace to LFC", in other words this senile rednose is triumphant over what he has said before (suarez is a disgrace to LFC) which telling you that all what he said is 100% correct. Do you think so?

Seriously that means LFC can't even manage/handle whatever this rednose said or will say about LFC. Seems everything he said is true.
    If like that do you think LFC will be able to compete with this old toilet club (so long this senile rednose still in charge)? not only in game play, i'm talking about media handling, club reputation, etc
    Seems like LFC is nothing to him i would say..
    Agree..but strangely..press & FA listen to him..nobody even question evra celebration at fulltime? Its all case closed..imagine if LFC won that game & Suarez celebrated like evra?
    Last edited by roDz; 14th February 2012 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by roDz View Post
    Agree..but strangely..press & FA listen to him..nobody even question evra celebration at fulltime? Its all case closed..imagine if LFC won that game & Suarez celebrated like evra?
    That's why FA = fergie's ass
    All the media would write Suarez is racist and provocateur then he will get another 8 match ban..

yes, there are two sides. well, lets jus wait n see.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by roDz

Im glad Suarez is no hypocrite..he could wayang & shakehands with evra..its his principle..he stands by it i guess..his mistake was to tell LFC hes willing to a handshake..should say hes not willing so no handshake before game..

As for ferdie..Suarez case has nothing to do with his bro..its got to do with his fellow englishman..no excused for it juz as no excuse for absconding drug test
    Fair enough. I admit you do have a point.
    I'm a cow with a camera

Quote Originally Posted by roDz View Post
    ..imagine if LFC won that game & Suarez celebrated like evra?
    then all Liverpool players will dance like Evra

An interesting read....
    From The KOP Blogs :

My girlfriend’s housemates (both of whom are Tottenham fans) asked her on Saturday afternoon if she thought I could actually defend Luis Suarez. Whether or not my rose-tinted glasses could be that tinted, or could I see how utterly impossible it is to defend the Uruguayan’s actions.
    The answer to me is simple, but does need a lot of explaining. Whether or not it’s the red in me, or I’m just being more pragmatic in looking at this from afar rather than just reading the British Press reports and deciding he’s guilty; I genuinely believe Luis Suarez was wrong in one part of this whole affair - he believed that the word ‘negro’ would not be taken as an insult in this country.
    Cultural differences that he should have been aware of – it is ignorance, not racism that’s the issue here. Apart from that one minor infringement I don’t think he’s done anything wrong… bear with me, I know a lot of you will be turning your nose up in disgust or disbelief at this statement – but it’s my honest opinion based on the following.
    I read on the BBC website in the build-up to the Manchester United game on the weekend that “Liverpool’s Luis Suarez looks a possibility to start a game for the first time since being found guilty of racially abusing Manchester United left back Patrice Evra” – no, he wasn’t. Luis Suarez was actually defended by the ‘independent commission’ (more on that later) as not racially abusing Patrice Evra. They themselves stated in their 115 page report that Suarez is not a racist, nor was he racially abusing Patrice Evra, but he is guilty of using language that could be perceived as abusive and/or insulting words and/or behaviour towards an opponent Mr Patrice Evra, and it is alleged further that the language included a reference to the ethnic origin and/or colour and/or race of Mr Patrice Evra.
    So, Luis Suarez isn’t a racist. That much is clear and was subsequently a point highlighted by the 3-man panel. Yes, he used language that could be deemed offensive, and could reference the ethnic origin, colour, or race or Patrice Evra – but this stems from his ignorance to the cultural differences between Uruguay, and Britain. Ill-advised? Absolutely. Racist? No.
    As the FA’s experts pointed out: “the Spanish word ‘negro’ cannot simply be translated as ‘n**ger’.” (They also point out that “It may be used affectionately … it may be used as a nickname in everyday speech … several famous people in Uruguay are known as ‘el negro’)
    All of this started during the game in October where Patrice Evra remarked (in Spanish) “Concha de tu hermana” (you’re sister’s pussy) to Luis Suarez. Evra himself stated that he used this offensive remark but was never questioned about it, and certainly never fined or banned for using such a remark. Patrice Evra, who describes himself as “not exactly fluent in Spanish” (funny that, the previous sentence would seem to point to the complete opposite) claimed that Suarez said “Porque tu eres negro?” (because you are black) Suarez claimed he said “Por que, negro?” (why, black?) Evra’s version of events could be taken as offensive according to the FA’s language experts but the phrase struck them as “slightly unusual” whereas the phrase claimed by Suarez “sounded right linguistically and culturally.” It’s also a phrase that the FA agreed “the use of ‘negro’ as described by Mr. Suarez would not be offensive. Indeed, it is possible that the term was intended as an attempt at conciliation and/or to establish rapport.”
    Suarez’s evidence during the case was later deemed by the commission as flawed. In paragraph 357, they state: “Mr Suarez’s evidence on these topics, which was shown to be flawed, profoundly undermined our confidence in the reliability of his evidence”
    Patrice Evra however initially claimed that Suarez said “I don’t talk to you because you’re n**gers” (paragraph 131) a statement he later withdrew. Evra then claimed that Suarez used the racial term “At least 10 times” claiming later (when he withdrew that statement) that it is “just a figure of speech.” The FA then report that he claimed Suarez used the word ‘negro’ five times. Not ten. The report also shows that there was no evidence, and no supporting witnesses to confirm either player’s version of events. The entire case is one mans word against another’s. One man is deemed unreliable, yet the other’s (who changed his version of events on a number of occasions) claims are apparently suitable enough to not only ban a player for 8 games but also throw him to the xenophobic and lazy press here in the UK. His reputation has been dragged through the mud, due to something that quite simply might have happened.

The ‘independent’ three man panel was made up of the following people:
    Brian M Jones - FA Chairman for Sheffield and Hallamshire, who only 6 months before had written to all county members stressing the need to fight discrimination.
    Denis Smith – a man who made Darren Ferguson (Alex Ferguson’s son) Captain at Wrexham. Smith was so close to Darren Ferguson he attended his wedding. He took several players on loan from Manchester United, and more shockingly in his own Autobiography claims he “saved Sir Alex Ferguson’s job”
    Finally, Paul Goulding. A die-hard Spurs fan. Possible conflicts of interest (if not overt) After all, it’s not like Spurs were directly competing with Liverpool for a Champions League spot when the report was drafted.

So, this is the ‘impartial’ 3 man commission the FA put together? The one to whom Luis Suarez had to prove his innocence without doubt, whereas Evra didn’t really have to prove anything? Excellent.
    This board is the one that claimed Suarez’s evidence was unreliable due to inconsistencies. However, if you read the report in its entirety (rather than the bits the press decide to report on) then it’s glaringly inconsistent itself:
    In paragraph 333, the report reject any claim that Patrice Evra was angry throughout the match, and that he was in an agitated or vengeful state of mind:
    “We rejected that submission [...] Mr [Ryan] Giggs described the Liverpool v Manchester United game as the biggest match. He did not consider that Mr Evra was wound up save in so far as everyone was wound up to a certain extent given the fixture. We reject the submission that Mr Evra was unduly wound up such that he was tipped over the edge to pursue vengeance against Mr Suarez.”
    However, Ryan Gigg’s testimony (The same Ryan Giggs who has been Evra’s teammate for six years) clearly states that:
    “Mr Evra was upset. Mr Evra did not seem quite with it, you might call it red mist.”
    Mr Giggs then told Mr Evra “to calm down and not get himself sent off.”
    Definitely not angry then, let this be stricken from the record and never mentioned again. Nor shall we mention that the Referee’s report stated that Evra was angry at the very start of the game “when he was seen to dispute the outcome of the coin toss” – don’t talk about that.
    If I was Luis Suarez, and I’d read the report of what Evra decided did and didn’t happen, and was subsequently found guilty and banned for 8 games I’d be pretty angry. I’d definitely not be inviting Evra around to my place for dinner any time soon, and nor would I ever want to shake his hand.
    Personally, I wanted more than anything for Suarez to shake Evra’s hand this weekend – just so the press wouldn’t go on and on about it again. We could have put the whole affair to bed and move forward, the hysteria surrounding the whole saga has been exhausting.
    Whether or not Suarez’s decision to not shake his hand was pre-empted is a matter for mind readers only. Martin Tyler has joined a long list of people saying Evra appeared to avoid the handshake too, so it’s sad to see that all of the vitriol is being solely directed at Suarez.
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

I’ve watched the clip dozens of times. Suarez had his hand out, but with Evra looking non-committal, Suarez skipped his 'offered' hand. If he grabbed Evra’s hand he would have been seen as forcing the United man to accept it. The sad truth is that yet again Britain’s press have got themselves worked up over a handshake – although I don’t remember Wayne Bridge getting so vilified when he refused John Terry’s hand.
    Evra then escalates the issue by grabbing Suarez and ensuring everyone saw. This is the same Patrice Evra who kissed his shirt’s badge to the Kop, when he was supposedly “in shock” at being accidentally kicked by Suarez in October. The same Evra who was in a rage over losing the coin toss in October, and the same Evra who started the very row that has blown up into the mess it now is.
    It’s also the same Evra who was called a “liar and a man of low morals” by his own FA in 2010, and “unreliable” by the English FA only five years ago (when he claimed a Chelsea employee had racially abused him, before deciding that actually… it didn’t happen.) Finally, it’s the same Patrice Evra that was so angry and upset that Luis Suarez had used the ‘offensive’ term negro he claimed in the report that he doesn’t like to even pronounce the word, let alone hear it, and yet he was quite happy to bandy the term around in relation to Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink
    My view prior to the match this weekend was that Suarez should have been left on the bench. It would have given the Old Trafford crowd a sense of anticlimax, and they would have had no-one at whom to aim its ire.
    In truth, Suarez actually performed with a lot of self-control, but United were hyped up by his presence in the starting line up. Evra, trying to clatter Suarez after 30 seconds, almost put Rio Ferdinand in hospital. At the end, Suarez left the pitch in a dignified manner, unlike his accuser who needed referee Phil Dowd to have a word with him before finally retreating into the tunnel, which is a whole other story.
    Subsequently, I’ve not heard of any charge brought against Evra for inciting the crowd. Yet he ran 60 yards to jump around Luis Suarez in front of the Stretford End. Surely this act of indiscipline is as close to Emmanuel Adebayor’s dash to his previous club's (Arsenal) fans after he scored against them – it warranted a 25’000 fine and a suspended 2 match ban for “extremely provocative abuse.”
    If Kenny Dalglish had decided to leave Suarez out, it could be seen as another sign of his guilt over the racism issue. It’s therefore a decision I’m glad I didn’t have to make. But in being seen to have refused Evra’s handshake, Suarez has sealed his reputation as the most detested footballer in the land.
    Of course, Alex Ferguson has had his say. “He’s a disgrace” screamed the headlines on Sunday morning, as if Fergie had written them himself. “Suarez should never play for Liverpool again.”
    Who the hell is Alex Ferguson to tell Liverpool how they should conduct their business? This is after all, the same Ferguson that stood by Peter Schmeichel over claims of racial abuse aimed at Ian Wright (stating that Schmeichel couldn’t be racist because he went to South Africa with Manchester United two years before.) He stood by Roy Keane who admitted to purposely injuring (and ending the career of) Alfe Inge Haaland. He stood by the players that refused to shake Patrick Vieira’s hand. He stood by Rio Ferdinand after he failed to turn up for a drugs test, and finally… he stood by Eric Cantona (who’d already attacked a referee in France) after an EIGHT MONTH ban for assaulting an idiotic fan in the crowd. Suarez doesn’t shake the hand of his accuser and is a “disgrace” to the club? Hypocrisy at it’s finest.
    So what exactly did Suarez do wrong, and what does the future hold?
    The only certain fact (as Suarez admitted it, and both men involved agree) is that he used the word ‘negro’ which is an everyday word in South America.
    He definitely didn’t shake hands with Evra this weekend. If Evra was going to or not is a pointless argument. What really should be asked is would you shake the hand of someone that you really didn’t like? (and had a damn good reason to as well)
    He’s vilified by the English press, and fans. The same way as my girlfriend’s housemates believe him to be impossible to defend when I doubt very much they’ve read the report, but what’s been said in the press and made up their own minds.
    “He was found guilty!” is all I ever hear, when I question anything to do with the case. But shouldn’t ‘guilt’ relate to a court of law? – hard evidence, judge, jury etc. Not the ‘independent’ panel I’ve already discussed?
    “He admitted it!” others scream of Suarez. Some even say that he admitted to calling Evra “a negro.” Which is just a lie, and I’m not even going to entertain this point nor the people making it.
    In truth, Suarez, despite his faults, hasn’t actually done anything wrong. I agree that the affair could have been handled better, but realistically the man himself hasn’t done anything wrong. Or if he’s perceived to have done something wrong then he certainly doesn’t deserve the treatment he has received.
    A lot of fellow fans are fearing that Suarez may have to leave Liverpool, and I resigned myself to this a few months back; a move abroad, for a large transfer fee, might do everyone the world of good. I don’t want Luis Suarez to leave Liverpool Football Club, he’s the first person to banish the ‘curse of the No.7 shirt' in some time. The shirt that was made famous by, his now Manager, Kenny Dalglish and subsequently passed through the hands of Robbie Keane, Harry Kewell, Vladimir Smicer, and Nigel Clough – it’s now finally in hands that are worthy. Sadly though, amongst opposition fans, press, and even rival teams, he’s become the pantomime villain, responsible for all the ills of the English game.
    If he stays, then he has my, and I'm sure 99% of all educated Liverpool Fan's support. He’s served his punishment and will sadly continue to do so at every away ground in the country, even though the actual evidence of his guilt was so flimsy. If he stays at Anfield and it adversely affects the club, and results, then as much as I love his skill and desire to win, we will have to yet again look for a new star man, as Liverpool always have done.
    It’s a shame it’s come to this, when a player of such serious star quality has become such a figure of hatred in the press and eyes of opposition fans.
    If you’re an LFC fan not convinced of Suarez’s guilt, you’re pretty much damned in the eyes of others. If Suarez has indeed been guilty all along, then he’s got more than a lot to apologise for. But if he has been innocent, he’s been given an unimaginably tough time.
    People can’t see past the red-topped finger pointing, and this is where the problem is – not with Luis Suarez.
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

As i've said before..Suarez mistake was to tell LFC he's willing to shakehands with evra..other than that..he's done no wrong..

I wanna see how LFC owners respond to this..after all..money is concerned now as corporate partners have stepped in..

I dun care about handshake, I angry because we lost!!!!

What's the bloody big deal about the handshake, Wayne Bridge refused to shake Terry's hand, I believe Rio Ferdinand have previously not shake Terry's hand too, why no one KPKB?

Tevez is back!!!!

Now hope he will get the limelights!!!! Leave Liverpool alone!!
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Just play Suarez..let his football do the talking now..let others fear him..rednose fergie & his manure are rattled..thats why they use press to unsettle..

Tevez will add sharpness to shitty team..lets see what that senile man will say..since shitty will be his direct competitor..

most likely:

Tevez is a disgrace!! he should not play for man city!!!

wait, have i used that before???? oh no, i cannot recall..... is it suarez we talking about??
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

AC Milan defeated Arsenal 4-0!!!!
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    most likely:

Tevez is a disgrace!! he should not play for man city!!!

wait, have i used that before???? oh no, i cannot recall..... is it suarez we talking about??
    i tot it was when that player was hopping into bed with his own sister-in-law?
    oh no, there was no noise then, muz be an okay activity then..