Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5202528293031323540 ... LastLast

Thread: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB - *60* You'll Never Walk Alone! Top 4!!!!

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB - *60* You'll Never Walk Alone! Top 4!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    Alex Ferguson says Luis Suarez is a 'disgrace' and should never play for Liverpool again after the striker refused to shake Manchester United captain Patrice Evra's hand.

now SAF come and stir sai.

i also think Suarez, despite him being very talented, will not be playing for LFC next season.
    nb, hypocrite old senile man.

anyway, nobody is a saint, i just hope KD can sort it all out and move on

16 Conclusions On United 2 Liverpool 1

If you don't want to read about the (non) handshake, which is perfectly understandable, skip down to point four. Nick Miller tries to make some sense of that one...

curry sauce!

* It wasn't just a handshake, and anyone who says it is just naive. Both clubs have been talking this week about being on their best behaviour and diffusing tensions and blah, blah, blah, but a chap on Twitter called Matthew put it best: 'A handshake doesn't solve anything. However the refusal to do so is antagonistic.'

Nobody (aside from maybe Sepp Blatter) could sensibly argue that this ritual of the pre-match handshake means a great deal. In fact, this ritual that is supposed to show respect between the two clubs involved is causing more aggravation than it's worth, and we should ask the FA why, after they suspended it before the QPR v Chelsea game, they allowed it to happen this time.

Both men believed they had been wronged - Patrice Evra thought he was the subject of racial abuse, Luis Suarez thought Evra had (at best) exaggerated the claims and got him banned. One man chose to offer a small indication that this was behind everyone and move on, the other ignored him. Draw your own conclusions. And yes, Rio Ferdinand was also petty for not shaking Suarez's hand.

* You have to feel a little, little bit sorry for Kenny Dalglish. He told the Liverpool website this week: "People are already speculating on the pre-match ceremony, but from Luis's point of view we have spoken to him and I know he will shake the hand of Patrice Evra and the other Manchester United players before the game."

Talk about being stitched up by his man.

* Evra's celebrations at the final whistle were, if borne of frustration and a whole mixture of emotions, at best rather ill-advised (although at least they were in front of his own fans), but a quick word of praise for Phil Dowd, who apart from having a pretty decent game, stepped in to make sure nothing else serious came of it. A tiny, tiny bit of credit to Suarez as well for not responding.

* After spending the week telling everyone to calm down and not create trouble, the hyperbole from both managers after the final whistle was embarrassing. If you haven't already read their reaction, Dalglish said it was 'bang out of order' to blame Suarez for any trouble and tried to shift the responsibility to Sky Sports News, while Ferguson claimed Suarez shouldn't be allowed to play for Liverpool again. I rather hoped the end of the game would be the end of the issue, but alas not.

* Right, football, anyone? The first thing to say is that the first half was one of the more tedious 45 minutes the Premier League has produced this season. Whether it was nerves, whether everyone was distracted or whether it was just what happens in these games occasionally, both teams were disjointed and could barely string three passes together. Half-time was sweet, sweet relief.

* After the break it was only just better. As Dalglish said after the game, it was the timing of Wayne Rooney's two goals that killed Liverpool. A couple of strikes in quick succession prevented Liverpool from gathering themselves after half-time and play the containing game they wanted to. From that point they had to attack, but could not get out of their funk, even after the substitutions.

* Quite apart from any other questions, Suarez simply didn't look fit. One of his primary threats is his sharp, busy running and at stages he looked like he was running through glue. And since he hasn't played a full game since Boxing Day, it's hardly a surprise that he looked sluggish. Of course, 'manager playing best player in huge game' isn't usually a headline, but until he scored his opportunist's goal, he offered very little. One has to ask serious questions about why he played in this enormous game.

* Suarez was poor, but he wasn't helped by his teammates. For long spells he was isolated, with Liverpool's three-man midfield offering little or no support, leaving the Uruguayan to feed on scraps. Indeed, the average positions of Steven Gerrard, Jay Spearing and Jordan Henderson were all in their own half of the centre circle.

* It wasn't the only curious selection decision made by Dalglish. He made very clear in his pre-match press conference that he had is whole squad fit and available, so it was curious in the extreme not to pick Craig Bellamy, who has been their most threatening player in the last few weeks. Surely sticking Bellamy on the right wing, and telling him to spend the afternoon running at Evra, who quite apart from any other distracting issues, is not the player he was, would have been preferable. As it was, Dirk Kuyt offered little, while on the other wing Stewart Downing was utterly anonymous. And Andy Carroll might be rather aggrieved to miss out, given that this United defence has been bullied this season and he has finally started to show some form.

* You may all have your own times, but for me the 'Oh, Downing's playing, is he?' moment came after 43 minutes when he fouled Rafael.

* Having said that Carroll should perhaps have started, he looked back to his bad old ways when he did come on. At one point, he was beaten in the air by Rafael. That shouldn't happen.

* Looking at the teams before the game, playing Michael Carrick and Paul Scholes in midfield against Liverpool's three looked like a mistake, but as it turned out they controlled things nicely for Manchester United. Both were neat and precise with their passing (94% and 91% pass completion rates respectively), and didn't allow their rivals to impose themselves in the manner that they needed to. Both men have been criticised on this site before for assorted reasons, but they performed well on this occasion.

* Exactly what was Glen Johnson doing for United's first goal? Sure, Rooney was quick to dart in front of him to score, but the Liverpool right-back gave him far too much space and he was allowed a free shot on the edge of the six-yard box. Johnson's old problems with defending have been well-documented, but this game provided more evidence for those who believe he would be better as a right-midfielder. Indeed, he attacked reasonably effectively in the first-half, but his defending undermined his position.

* One potentially worrying thing for United. They were comfortably the better side, but that was in many ways because Liverpool were so bad. They should really have given their opponents a convincing beating, but were left hanging on rather at the end. Having said that, they're top of the league (at the time of writing), so should they be too bothered about how many they score?

* Nobody was surely silly enough to be surprised that Suarez and Evra were booed, but it's still bloody stupid. Sure, there might not be a much easier way of expressing one's displeasure, but those who boo at a football match just sound like kids. I haven't booed at a football game since I was about 13, because I'd feel like an idiot doing so . Sure, swear, shout, scream, but booing? Really? Is that the best you've got?

* Finally, before the game Greater Manchester Police confiscated all copies of United fanzine 'Red Issue' because of a cut-out Luis Suarez KKK hood that was in the new edition, planned to be on sale at the ground. Heavy-handed authoritarianism, or a sensible way of calming things down?

Nick Miller - follow him on Twitter, but be gentle
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by shunzi View Post
    nb, hypocrite old senile man.

anyway, nobody is a saint, i just hope KD can sort it all out and move on
    think KD might not be around next season if his weird selection of players carry on.

Alex Fergusons rant that Luis Suarez is a disgrace to football and should never play for Liverpool again is the most hypocritical thing i've ever heard. Ryan Giggs sleeps with his brothers wife, Wayne Rooney sleeps with granny prostitutes, Eric Cantona jumps into crowd and assaults a fan and Roy Keane purposely tries to injure another player in Alfe Haaland.

That just a small few but to call someone who refused to shake a liars hand a disgrace to football is just outrageous from that pathetic excuse of a man.

Only last week Rio Ferdinand was saying he didnt know if he'd shake John Terrys hand or not, Wayne Bridge also refused to shake Terrys hand as did Carlos Tevez, ban them all then shall we you drunken hypocrital idiot. [LFC Forum]

come to think of it, it seems that Suarez missing the handshake isn't such a biggie after all. hurhurhur

Im 100% supporting Suarez..KD is doin the right thing by showing support openly..whatever transpire between KD & Suarez better be left out of public knowledge..im sure KD must have counselled Suarez ptely..thats a sign of good leadership..

Alex Fergusons rant that Luis Suarez is a disgrace to football and should never play for Liverpool again is the most hypocritical thing i've ever heard. Ryan Giggs sleeps with his brothers wife, Wayne Rooney sleeps with granny prostitutes, Eric Cantona jumps into crowd and assaults a fan and Roy Keane purposely tries to injure another player in Alfe Haaland.

That just a small few but to call someone who refused to shake a liars hand a disgrace to football is just outrageous from that pathetic excuse of a man.

Only last week Rio Ferdinand was saying he didnt know if he'd shake John Terrys hand or not, Wayne Bridge also refused to shake Terrys hand as did Carlos Tevez, ban them all then shall we you drunken hypocrital idiot. [LFC Forum]

come to think of it, it seems that Suarez missing the handshake isn't such a biggie after all. hurhurhur
    of cos fergie will take the opportunity to take cheap potshots at suarez and any non-Man U player. typical of his "mind games" and dirty tactics.
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

Quote Originally Posted by roDz View Post
    Im 100% supporting Suarez..KD is doin the right thing by showing support openly..whatever transpire between KD & Suarez better be left out of public knowledge..im sure KD must have counselled Suarez ptely..thats a sign of good leadership..
    suarez already served his ban, what more do they want him to do? kowtow to evra, rio and fergie? lol

Quote Originally Posted by zaren

of cos fergie will take the opportunity to take cheap potshots at suarez and any non-Man U player. typical of his "mind games" and dirty tactics.
    Thats fergie..somehow hes always managed to get the press & FA support..oh not forgetting the referees too..haha..

Thats fergie..somehow hes always managed to get the press & FA support..oh not forgetting the referees too..haha..
    yep, i'm also expecting howard webb to make a press statement soon... condemning suarez and KD. hahaha.....

Liverpool striker Luis Suarez has today issued the following apology:

"I have spoken with the manager since the game at Old Trafford and I realise I got things wrong.

"I've not only let him down, but also the Club and what it stands for and I'm sorry. I made a mistake and I regret what happened.

"I should have shaken Patrice Evra's hand before the game and I want to apologise for my actions.

"I would like to put this whole issue behind me and concentrate on playing football."

Author: Liverpool FC

Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

manSipTea moves back to the top of the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    manSipTea moves back to the top of the table.

I was watching Mancini's interview on TV. I need to check my ears or he did pronounce "city"as "shitty."

"Marnchestar Shitty"
    I'm a cow with a camera

Quote Originally Posted by cowmera

I was watching Mancini's interview on TV. I need to check my ears or he did pronounce "city"as "shitty."

"Marnchestar Shitty"
    Heavy italian accent. Haha!

I oso have heavy italian accent..coz its manShitty for me..lolZ

I oso have heavy italian accent..coz its manShitty for me..lolZ
    We tolerate the stench this season. I hope "sai" will win the EPL trophy, not some team using old toilet!
    I'm a cow with a camera

Time to move on!!!!!!

Huat ah!!!
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

And Rio Ferdinand has been screwing a mistress for 13 years and fined half a million pounds. Time to get off that moral high horse and suck it together with that old fogey c.u.n.t Alex Fergie.
    theDevilisinthedetails.

Quote Originally Posted by toxicboy

And Rio Ferdinand has been screwing a mistress for 13 years and fined half a million pounds. Time to get off that moral high horse and suck it together with that old fogey c.u.n.t Alex Fergie.
    Certain team has got privilege..

Quote Originally Posted by cowmera View Post

"Marnchestar Shitty"

Manshitstir United

Dono where people supporting other teams got the idea of Suarez being racist? He has served 8-match ban not for being racist but using words deemed to be racist. Word used by clown evra towards Suarez was juz as bad but gone unpunished.