Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 271011121314172237 ... LastLast

Thread: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB - *60* You'll Never Walk Alone! Top 4!!!!

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB - *60* You'll Never Walk Alone! Top 4!!!!

rods must predict liverpool lose every game!!!

HUAT AHHHHHH !!!!! Its time to show what LFC is really all about YNWA !!!'
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyday View Post
    rods must predict liverpool lose every game!!!
    can...but must give me 3 points every match...hahaha...deal?

Quote Originally Posted by zaren View Post
    fantastic.....lfc spanked the two teams from manchester.....bravo!
    bro...your words so swee...u said LFC would win both the cup games...ups to a LFC chelski final...

No happy return as Kop and Keane join in condemnation - FA & League Cups - Football - The Independent

Similar wisdom prevailed in the press room when Dalglish shaped up for a Vesuvian reaction to the question of whether the boos for Evra had disappointed him. "Are you winding me up? Why would I be disappointed for Patrice Evra?" he asked his questioner. "Have you ever played football...?" Actions had already spoken louder than words. Liverpool had their day.

No happy return as Kop and Keane join in condemnation

curry sauce!!!

It doesn't take away the word that Luis Suarez directed at Patrice Evra 106 days ago but it does take away a little of what Liverpool have been feeling in these past few weeks.

Of all the potential match-winning scenarios, Dirk Kuyt leaving Patrice Evra looking like a man stuck in treacle was as good as it got from a Liverpool perspective.

It was Kuyt whose altercation with Evra prefaced the fateful fracas with Suarez on 15 October – "stand up, stand up," Kuyt screamed at him that day when he suspected gamesmanship – and that the Dutchman should have made such light work of the same adversary in the same area of the Anfield turf yesterday somehow capped it all.

Evra did not know where to turn when the whistle sounded and Anfield ignited with the chant "Luis Suarez". There being no one in red whom he dared approach, he threw away his gloves and trooped off, Jamie Carragher being the solitary Liverpool player willing to offer a hand along the way.

Carragher then embarked on a celebration so loopy in front of the Kop that he lost a boot and had to paddle back to the dressing room wearing one.

Up in the TV gallery, there was a reminder of how brutal an environment football can be because for neither Roy Keane nor Paul Ince did it matter that Evra had spent most of this match having his every touch booed. "Absolutely shocking," was Ince's assessment of how the defender failed to anticipate Andy Carroll beating Jonny Evans in the air and carving Kuyt an open path to goal. Keane went further. "I think he gets caught in a lot of the big games," he said of Evra. "He should be tucking in."

This was not entirely fair. Evra's display in United's 2-1 win at the Emirates last weekend was his best in several years. But it is fair to say that the Suarez imbroglio has obscured the way that a player voted the Premier League's best left-back in the 2006-07 season by his fellow professionals has experienced a collapse in form. Evra actually looked vulnerable at times in the 8-2 demolition of Arsenal in August. James Milner made the 6-1 derby day defeat at Old Trafford miserable for him and it wasn't just an offensive racial term that Suarez dished out in October. He nutmegged Evra twice and generally caused him mayhem. Logic runs that, at 30, Evra has lost some pace.

Evra (right) could have used some pace yesterday from the team-mates who dawdled when he was left alone to brave some vitriol by running for a second half throw-in near the Kop end and the subtext of Suarez was never far away. While Steven Gerrard meant what he said in his programme notes – nothing other than "passionate backing" from fans was "welcome or will be appreciated" – his sentiments for Evra were self-evident when the two captains came to offer each other a hand in the centre circle. There was not a flicker of eye contact from Gerrard. The second half was two minutes old when, as he and Carragher rose together from a tussle, the Liverpool man tapped Evra on the back of the head – the precise action, from Suarez, which so infuriated him.

Evra did not respond. The players, in concert, heeded the FA's pre-match reminder of their responsibilities not to inflame tensions, which never got much beyond the United banner – "MUFC defending titles, LFC defending racism" – raised by an away following which still thought it acceptable to sing of the 96 lives lost at Hillsborough. When Maxi Rodriguez made a two-footed challenge on Ryan Giggs which warranted a dismissal, referee Mark Halsey reserved judgement long enough to see the Argentine was about to be substituted. It was a judicious way to keep the temperature down.

Similar wisdom prevailed in the press room when Dalglish shaped up for a Vesuvian reaction to the question of whether the boos for Evra had disappointed him. "Are you winding me up? Why would I be disappointed for Patrice Evra?" he asked his questioner. "Have you ever played football...?" A hand was placed on Dalglish by his press manager. Actions had already spoken louder than words. Liverpool had their day.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

the only contribution of steward downing in the whole match...
    HUAT AH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake

the only contribution of steward downing in the whole match...
    HUAT AH!!!
    Evra the clown...lolZ

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner_552
    Ghost!

i watched the match, dismayed when Carroll was in the line up..... did not see Kuyt, Adam and Bellamy....

Frustrated when the midfield was out ruined by Man United Carrick, Scholes and Giggs....

Carroll did not win a single header in the first half..... i tot, good, kiss FA cup goodbye.....

2nd period, slowly, kuyt, adam and bellamy was introduced...... then i realized, this was a tactical approach by KD.... he knew that with 20 minutes left, if the defend can hold it's line,
    the 3 can cause serious trouble as the United defenders will be tired, mentally not alert, for the 2nd goal was a clear indication of momentary loss of concentration by Evra.

The united got itself a nightmare goalkeeper, though 21 of age, which is not a excuse, he was cornered and bullied at his own yard in the build up of the 1st goal..... you do not see that in good goalkeeper, yet to mention the greats...
    The second goal should not be let in as well, total unaware of where he was at all...... no sense of positioning.

If Da Gea or whatever name he was called got himself a Facebook account, i will LIKE him.... every corner taken, he was thinking: please dun come please dun come cos i dun noe what to do......
    Last edited by fotoudavid; 29th January 2012 at 12:02 PM.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

can..but lately cmib has been hot on my heels..have to be a bit discreet la

Quote Originally Posted by roDz View Post
    can...but must give me 3 points every match...hahaha...deal?

curry sauce!!!

City reject Carroll-Tevez swap proposal

January 29, 2012

By Harry Harris, Football Correspondent and ESPNsoccernet staff

ESPNsoccernet understands Liverpool made "tentative enquires" to Manchester City about the possibillity of swapping Andy Carroll for Carlos Tevez.

The audacious move was made after the Carling Cup semi-final second leg between the two clubs at Anfield, with the Premier League leaders rejecting the proposal.

Carroll, 23, has struggled to make an impact since Liverpool made him the most expensive British footballer of all time last summer when signing him for £35 million from Newcastle.

Roberto Mancini has previously expressed his admiration for the England striker, when he played for the Magpies, which prompted the Merseysiders to ask if City would consider a swap deal.

But City have maintained throughout the long-running Tevez transfer saga that they will only accept a cash bid for their wantaway striker, and that stance was reiterated to the Reds.

"It didn't go any further than an enquiry," ESPNsoccernet sources said on Sunday.

Tevez's advisors have indicated that he plans to return to City's training ground on Wednesday, once the transfer window closes, though ESPNsoccernet understands City have yet to be informed precisely when the Argentina international plans to return.

Liverpool Transfer News: Reds Blocking Transfers to Send Dirk Kuyt out

curry sauce!!

News surfaced from the Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf this Saturday that Liverpool is blocking all current transfer deals to sell Dutch winger Dirk Kuyt.

Although Kuyt has played a key role on the Liverpool squad and recently scored a late goal that edged the Reds past Manchester United in the FA Cup, there has been a buzz that Kuyt is unhappy with his current role on the team under new manager Kenny Dalglish.

Although teammate Luis Suarez has been suspended due to misconduct, Kuyt has not seen more time on the pitch. The 31-year-old may be unhappy with his new role on the team as a substitute, as he has been a member of the starting 11 15 times and has come on a substitute nine times.

Kuyt's agent Rob Jansen revealed the news, and claims that other clubs are interested in the striker who transferred to Liverpool in 2006 for €18 million.

"A large number of clubs in Europe have real interest in Dirk, and it is true that there are clubs in Italy. But Liverpool won't let Dirk go." said Jansen, adding that the issue would arise once again come this summer's transfer window.

Despite scoring six goals for the Netherlands national team, Kuyt has scored only two goals for Liverpool this season, none of which have been in the Premier League.

It's not merely his goal production that's waning but rather his entire offensive production, as Kuyt has only recorded one assist for the Reds this season.

Although he has maintained a rather peaceful relationship with Liverpool, it's unsure how Kuyt's current role on the team has affected him.

The Dutchman scored a total of 14 goals for the Reds last season, tying his Liverpool career high.

His role this year may have been met with some frustration, as Kuyt has been administered an uncharacteristically high three yellow cards in the Premier League thus far. This matter could also be attributed to a decrease in fitness.

Liverpool signed Kuyt to a contract extension in late summer, and his contract now extends until 2013.

"He scores goals and it's as simple as that, and often in major competitions or at crucial moments," manager Kenny Dalglish said after the extension was signed in August 2011.

"Dirk is happy with the extension, and I am sure we will enjoy having him."

Ba to quit Newcastle in summer as clubs queue up to exploit £7m buy-out clause

By Sportsmail Reporter

Last updated at 10:34 AM on 29th January 2012

Read more: Demba Ba to quit Newcastle | Mail Online

Liverpool and Tottenham head a host of clubs ready to trigger Demba Ba's £7million release clause in the summer.

The Newcastle striker has been in scintillating form this season, scoring 16 goals in all competitions.

And the Senegal hitman is ready to quit the North East after just a single campaign.
    In a further blow to Newcastle, Ba will pocket a staggering £3m of the transfer fee, according to the Sunday Mirror.

The buy-out clause was inserted as the club refused to meet the player’s personal demands or pay a significant amount of agents’ fees.

Ba is keen to remain in the Premier League, despite interest from across Europe, and the 26-year-old hopes to double his current salary to £60,000.

Sweden international set for Liverpool FC talks tomorrow

curry sauce!!

by Richard Buxton. Published Sun 29 Jan 2012 12:07, Last updated: 2012-01-29

Kristoffer Nordfeldt has revealed that he is having talks with Liverpool tomorrow.

The Swedish goalkeeper once attracted interest from the likes of Ajax and Borussia Monchengladbach but has been without a club since leaving IF Brommapojkarna last year.

He will meet with Anfield chiefs regarding a possible deal with the Reds resigned to seeing Alexander Doni end his short-lived spell with the club by securing a move away.

But contrary to reports last week, a return to his homeland with Sao Paolo is unlikely with former Palermo stopper Rubinho considered the preferred option since becoming a free agent.

Doni is currently the only player in Liverpool's squad who has yet to make a senior appearance for the club this season, having arrived as Pepe Reina's understudy last summer.

The 32-year-old secured his protracted free transfer to Anfield from Roma, where he spent six years initially as first-choice before being displaced by Artur and Julio Sergio respectively.

With first team opportunities limited at Liverpool, he is seeking a move onto pastures new with Catania previously enquiring about his availability ahead of Tuesday's transfer window deadline.

Doni's impending departure will pave the way for Nordfeldt's potential arrival with the 22-year-old's goalkeeping attributes likened to Manchester United and Spain stopper David de Gea.

"It's really exciting. I'll be flying to Liverpool on Monday with my agent," Nordfeldt told FotbollDirekt.se.

"Of course it feels good but I don’t want to get overexcited because of this. I’ll just try to play it cool and see what they want to offer me.

"I know myself and have worked hard these last few months. I know that Liverpool likes me and has watched me for a long time. They like me so all I can do is believe in myself."

We got home draw against brighton for 5th round FaCup..lolZ

Get ready for next round..haha..big teams still in 5th round..arse,playing tonite..chelski..spurs..muz definitely avoid spurs..

KKJ team!!!!
    Liverpool v Brighton & Hove Albion
    Canon 40D with Tamron 17-50mm and Canon G11

My former fav team vs my current fav team.......
    I'm a cow with a camera

Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 271011121314172237 ... LastLast