Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: [URGENT] Cleaning sensor for the first time?

  1. #1

    Default [URGENT] Cleaning sensor for the first time?

    Hi all,

    I'd like to ask where can I be able to have my camera sensor (Sony NEX-5N) cleaned on the spot or buy a simple cleaning kit to clean the sensor myself. My camera is plagued with many 'dust spots' and there's no other alternative but to get rid of them. Of cos, tomorrow is CNY eve and most shops might be closed, but would like to ask for tips and such as to where I can seek help/get equipment to dealing with them preferably during CNY.

    Thanks

  2. #2

    Default Re: [URGENT] Cleaning sensor for the first time?

    Quote Originally Posted by Noxenal View Post
    Hi all,

    I'd like to ask where can I be able to have my camera sensor (Sony NEX-5N) cleaned on the spot or buy a simple cleaning kit to clean the sensor myself. My camera is plagued with many 'dust spots' and there's no other alternative but to get rid of them. Of cos, tomorrow is CNY eve and most shops might be closed, but would like to ask for tips and such as to where I can seek help/get equipment to dealing with them preferably during CNY.

    Thanks
    I noticed you put dust within a set of quotations; is it really dust?

    If it's dust, have you tried the blower?
    Alpha
    Want to get back to photography

  3. #3

    Default Re: [URGENT] Cleaning sensor for the first time?

    how dirty is your sensor? if it's just some dust spots, a blower should be able to blow away the dust.

  4. #4
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,394

    Default Re: [URGENT] Cleaning sensor for the first time?

    [Urgent] Search function wanted to find existing threads of the same topic ...
    Have you checked your manual? There is also something written about it, I suspect.
    EOS

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    294

    Default

    Unlikely you will get such service tmr.. Unless someone in the forum is willing to offer his service. I will suggest you going for a wet cleaning if the dust spot is stubborn. Or what you can do for now is to use a large aperture probably f1.4 to f2.8. Usually dust spot are least visible in large aperture. Unless your spot is really huge.

  6. #6

    Default Re: [URGENT] Cleaning sensor for the first time?

    Quote Originally Posted by Noxenal View Post
    Hi all,

    I'd like to ask where can I be able to have my camera sensor (Sony NEX-5N) cleaned on the spot or buy a simple cleaning kit to clean the sensor myself. My camera is plagued with many 'dust spots' and there's no other alternative but to get rid of them. Of cos, tomorrow is CNY eve and most shops might be closed, but would like to ask for tips and such as to where I can seek help/get equipment to dealing with them preferably during CNY.

    Thanks
    Please adhere to the CS terms of use and SEARCH before your POST. If it's URGENT as you say, you will get MUCH faster results just googling for "how to clean camera sensor" than posting and waiting.

    FYI, RTFM. Page 150 of your manual.

    http://download.sony-asia.com/consum...4288171111.pdf
    Alpha

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae

    Please adhere to the CS terms of use and SEARCH before your POST. If it's URGENT as you say, you will get MUCH faster results just googling for "how to clean camera sensor" than posting and waiting.

    FYI, RTFM. Page 150 of your manual.

    http://download.sony-asia.com/consum...4288171111.pdf
    Wow. So fierce tonight bro! On fire!

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    628

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae

    Please adhere to the CS terms of use and SEARCH before your POST. If it's URGENT as you say, you will get MUCH faster results just googling for "how to clean camera sensor" than posting and waiting.

    FYI, RTFM. Page 150 of your manual.

    http://download.sony-asia.com/consum...4288171111.pdf
    Rashkae's not in the best of moods today :l

  9. #9

    Default

    yea.. sure looks like Rashkae is in a really bad mood..
    Alpha
    Want to get back to photography

  10. #10
    Senior Member edutilos-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    5,991

    Default Re: [URGENT] Cleaning sensor for the first time?

    Quote Originally Posted by Noxenal View Post
    Hi all,

    I'd like to ask where can I be able to have my camera sensor (Sony NEX-5N) cleaned on the spot or buy a simple cleaning kit to clean the sensor myself. My camera is plagued with many 'dust spots' and there's no other alternative but to get rid of them. Of cos, tomorrow is CNY eve and most shops might be closed, but would like to ask for tips and such as to where I can seek help/get equipment to dealing with them preferably during CNY.

    Thanks
    There's actually a lot of threads on this. I've been posting up a bit of information recently, please refer to thread below.

    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/canon...effective.html

  11. #11

    Default Re: [URGENT] Cleaning sensor for the first time?

    Thanks guys for the replies. I did search out, however in this thread i was asking for whether there are alternatives to DIY/CSC and such. However at this short notice there should be none and DIY is inevitable... Is it possible to go challenger or camera shops to buy blowers and such? My dust seems to accumulate around the sides of thr sensor... Thanks again

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noxenal
    Thanks guys for the replies. I did search out, however in this thread i was asking for whether there are alternatives to DIY/CSC and such. However at this short notice there should be none and DIY is inevitable... Is it possible to go challenger or camera shops to buy blowers and such? My dust seems to accumulate around the sides of thr sensor... Thanks again
    yes.. challenger sells blower n other cleaning stuff..

    does the dust affect IQ?
    Alpha
    Want to get back to photography

  13. #13
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,394

    Default Re: [URGENT] Cleaning sensor for the first time?

    Quote Originally Posted by Noxenal View Post
    Thanks guys for the replies. I did search out, however in this thread i was asking for whether there are alternatives to DIY/CSC and such. However at this short notice there should be none and DIY is inevitable... Is it possible to go challenger or camera shops to buy blowers and such? My dust seems to accumulate around the sides of thr sensor... Thanks again
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/consu...ces-shops.html
    There are two shops listed where the name already indicates service activities.
    EOS

  14. #14

    Default Re: [URGENT] Cleaning sensor for the first time?

    Quote Originally Posted by Noxenal View Post
    Thanks guys for the replies. I did search out, however in this thread i was asking for whether there are alternatives to DIY/CSC and such. However at this short notice there should be none and DIY is inevitable... Is it possible to go challenger or camera shops to buy blowers and such? My dust seems to accumulate around the sides of thr sensor... Thanks again
    Should be available in most shops. A cheap $10 blower should suffice.
    Alpha

  15. #15

    Default Re: [URGENT] Cleaning sensor for the first time?

    Quote Originally Posted by seezhijie View Post
    Rashkae's not in the best of moods today :l
    Haiz... Football team playing badly mah..
    Alpha

  16. #16

    Default Re: [URGENT] Cleaning sensor for the first time?

    thanks guys! I'll check them out...
    Last edited by Noxenal; 22nd January 2012 at 11:40 AM.

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae

    Haiz... Football team playing badly mah..
    u support sabah, newcastle, chelsea or liverpool?
    Alpha
    Want to get back to photography

  18. #18

    Default Re: [URGENT] Cleaning sensor for the first time?

    Quote Originally Posted by Noxenal View Post
    Thanks guys for the replies. I did search out, however in this thread i was asking for whether there are alternatives to DIY/CSC and such. However at this short notice there should be none and DIY is inevitable... Is it possible to go challenger or camera shops to buy blowers and such? My dust seems to accumulate around the sides of thr sensor... Thanks again
    yes you should head to challenger to look for it. though you might wanna check out their website or call in to see if their Funan outlet is still open.

    btw CSC is for Canon Cameras. Sony Care is for Sony cameras. however, they do not have a Camera Guy there to do sensor cleaning. you have to check it in and you'll only get it back after a few days

  19. #19
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,850

    Default Re: [URGENT] Cleaning sensor for the first time?

    i can charge u a premium for this cleaning service since its CNY.

  20. #20

    Default Re: [URGENT] Cleaning sensor for the first time?

    There somebody is willing to take up the job already. lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •