Thread: Beware of Aeroplane flyer

Default Beware of Aeroplane flyer

Hi to all Clubsnap mumber,
    Please beware of this fellow mobile number 86574749 already agree to buy my carmera but did not turn up and even switch off mobile.
    I go all the way from sengkang to bugis mrt.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Beware of Aeroplane flyer

please identify him so that we can hear his side of the story too
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Quote Originally Posted by say keong View Post
    Please beware of this fellow mobile number 86574749 already agree to buy my carmera but did not turn up and even switch off mobile.
    i feel for you. kena b4 from inconsiderate ppl who fly aeroplane. safest bet next time is to stipulate self collection from your home so that your time won't be wasted.
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

Clubsnap common practice is to deal at seller's preferred location.

You put yourself at risk and lose your bargaining power when you did not follow the common good practice.

If you deal at your house or nearby, if the buyer last minute reduce his offering price, you can always go home and buyer wasted his trip, but if you are the one who traveled to sell, then you are at the disadvantage.
    WTB Manfrotto RC4 L Bracket

next time ask the geniue buyer to t'fer 10% of the money to ur bank acct first.. When he/she turn out, refund them the deposit regardless whether the deal is closed...else the deposit makan when they don turn out...

Quote Originally Posted by hotsshooter

next time ask the geniue buyer to t'fer 10% of the money to ur bank acct first.. When he/she turn out, refund them the deposit regardless whether the deal is closed...else the deposit makan when they don turn out...
    No buyer will do that, for fear that the seller won't show up.

Why most of posts above suggested only buyers will fly aeroplane?

There are aeroplane sellers too. Most often reason is found a better offer after deal closed!

So buyers bear the same risk as sellers. Should they also insist to deal at their convenience?
    Last edited by GRbenji; 21st January 2012 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sjackal
    Clubsnap common practice is to deal at seller's preferred location.

You put yourself at risk and lose your bargaining power when you did not follow the common good practice.

If you deal at your house or nearby, if the buyer last minute reduce his offering price, you can always go home and buyer wasted his trip, but if you are the one who traveled to sell, then you are at the disadvantage.
    if i meet at seller's convenience, n he last min increase price? i rugi if i agree, n waste my trip if i dun..
    Alpha
    Want to get back to photography

Quote Originally Posted by hotsshooter

if anyone transfer $ to my idol, cheapleh, his $ is gone..
    Alpha

shldnt this warning thread be under consumer corner, rather than kopitiam?

"Uncle ah, kopi c gao siu dai peng"
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Photogenic View Post
    if i meet at seller's convenience, n he last min increase price? i rugi if i agree, n waste my trip if i dun..
    depends on how you look at it. If seller increase price during meet up, he is a dishonest seller and you have the rights to walkaway. Same goes to buyers who asked for more discounts on the spot. It is integrity that matters.

However in terms of supply/ demand the seller can always attend to other interested buyers as most of the time there are more buyers than sellers (demand higher than supply). Typically sellers will not risk traveling to the buyer's place as the buyer has no obligation to buy his goods. Unless of course, if the seller is in desperate need to sell off his stuff.

Best is to meet somewhere in between... maybe in CBD area/ on both convenience but that rarely happens. I have even dealt with sellers asking me to travel to Pasir Ris (I live in west SG) just to deal in the comfort of his home. Do I feel annoyed? Yes, a little but that deal was a good deal so give a take a little.
    Fujifilm X-Pro2 Graphite, X-Pro1
    XF 14/2.8, 18/2, 23/2, 35/1.4, 56/1.2, 60/2.4, 55-200/3.5-4.8

Quote Originally Posted by yrh0413

depends on how you look at it. If seller increase price during meet up, he is a dishonest seller and you have the rights to walkaway. Same goes to buyers who asked for more discounts on the spot. It is integrity that matters.

However in terms of supply/ demand the seller can always attend to other interested buyers as most of the time there are more buyers than sellers (demand higher than supply). Typically sellers will not risk traveling to the buyer's place as the buyer has no obligation to buy his goods. Unless of course, if the seller is in desperate need to sell off his stuff.

Best is to meet somewhere in between... maybe in CBD area/ on both convenience but that rarely happens. I have even dealt with sellers asking me to travel to Pasir Ris (I live in west SG) just to deal in the comfort of his home. Do I feel annoyed? Yes, a little but that deal was a good deal so give a take a little.
    but walking away doesn't change the fact tt i got cheated. i usually arrange in between if it's really far.. but if it's a steal, i dun mind traveling.. if seller insists on dealing at inconvenient places n it's a normal deal, i'll just forgo it.. =P
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by GRbenji View Post
    Why most of posts above suggested only buyers will fly aeroplane?

There are aeroplane sellers too. Most often reason is found a better offer after deal closed!

So buyers bear the same risk as sellers. Should they also insist to deal at their convenience?
    the purpose of this thread is to discuss a seller who flew an aeroplane. not a buyer.

this thread, if you read carefully, is not to discuss people who have pilot's license

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    the purpose of this thread is to discuss a seller who flew an aeroplane. not a buyer.

this thread, if you read carefully, is not to discuss people who have pilot's license
    OIC, so it's limited to discuss seller who flew aeroplane without pilot licence only. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by GRbenji View Post
    OIC, so it's limited to discuss seller who flew aeroplane without pilot licence only. LOL
    sorta. yea. LOL

just sms me at 2pm. excuse is that he/her overslep, wanted to meet up today again. who would believe again.once brtten, twice shy.

lowballers are even...haiz...*roll eyes*...

just sms me at 2pm. excuse is that he/her overslep, wanted to meet up today again. who would believe again.once brtten, twice shy.
    just ask him to come to ur doorstep to deal, at ur convenient timing.
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

Now, here's your chance... LOL.

Seriously, this shows the amount of respect this person have for others. Some people just cannot fit into normal society, have fiscal responsibility, and be in charge of even one's own self.

Reminds me that in national service, the same type that tekan the whole company into confinement by doing something selfish or stupid or simply no regard for others.

They say NS define character, true. You remember these special individuals and you siam when you see them in socially after ORD next time.
    Last edited by sjackal; 22nd January 2012 at 10:41 AM.
    WTB Manfrotto RC4 L Bracket