Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Shooting in parks

  1. #1
    Senior Member redstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Beyond the outer limits
    Posts
    2,898

    Default Shooting in parks

    Question:

    Need we ask for permission to do a shoot in a park? Like for fashion editorial, or wedding. No huge equipment, no film making,

  2. #2
    Senior Member bonrya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    In a mobile cage
    Posts
    2,633

    Default Re: Shooting in parks

    if it's a public space there shouldn't be an issue right? e.g. fort canning?
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

  3. #3
    Senior Member blueskye168's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    AVPS
    Posts
    2,874

    Default Re: Shooting in parks

    Quote Originally Posted by redstone View Post
    Question:

    Need we ask for permission to do a shoot in a park? Like for fashion editorial, or wedding. No huge equipment, no film making,
    I'd say its pretty alright so long as it's not a big scale one, no huge equipment, no film making and no any other types of making..........seriously, why not leh...!!!

    hmmm...but then it's always better to 'Double-the-Confirm' before 'Action' as a form of 'Self-Protection'...yah...hehe...!!!
    Anything that can take pictures...happy already lor...(..but...Hasselblad_H5D-50 as my Workhorse)

  4. #4
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Shooting in parks

    All parks are under Nparks,
    shooting weddings, family portrait etc.. won't have any issues. Many people have been done that for many years.

    the last time I check with Botanic Garden about photo taking in their premises (within Botanic Garden), you need not apply permission as long it is not a commercial shoot.

    I ask them how they classified the photo shoot as commercial shoot?
    as long no additional lighting set up, more than two tripods it is fine. (they referring the lighting stand as tripod)

    so my understanding is you can mount your camera on a tripod, use a voice activate multi-task mobile lighting stand to hold your reflector or flash than you should be fine.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  5. #5
    Senior Member redstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Beyond the outer limits
    Posts
    2,898

    Default Re: Shooting in parks

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    All parks are under Nparks,
    shooting weddings, family portrait etc.. won't have any issues. Many people have been done that for many years.

    the last time I check with Botanic Garden about photo taking in their premises (within Botanic Garden), you need not apply permission as long it is not a commercial shoot.

    I ask them how they classified the photo shoot as commercial shoot?
    as long no additional lighting set up, more than two tripods it is fine. (they referring the lighting stand as tripod)

    so my understanding is you can mount your camera on a tripod, use a voice activate multi-task mobile lighting stand to hold your reflector or flash than you should be fine.
    Thanks for the reply. The asking of permission only applies to Botanic Gardens? Commercial shoot in other gardens / parks should not be an issue?
    Last edited by redstone; 21st January 2012 at 12:42 AM.

  6. #6
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Shooting in parks

    Quote Originally Posted by redstone View Post
    Thanks for the reply. The asking of permission only applies to Botanic Gardens? Commercial shoot in other gardens / parks should not be an issue?
    I'm saying I have check with Botanic Garden, do photographers need to seek permission for shooting weddings and portrait professionally (as in photographers being hired to shoot) inside Botanic Garden?


    as for other parks all over Singapore, many wedding couples, family, people have been snapping photos for so many years, nobody rise any issue so far. For commercial shoots, it is necessary to seek permission from the owner of the premises before the shoots.


    technical speaking, their is no public space, is either belongs private or our Government,
    and FYI, many general public, including security guards, park ranges, classify DLSR as pro gears, so when photographers shooting with reflectors and additional lighting set up as such, whether is real pros or act pro, be prepared to be asked to leave if you didn't seek permission prior the shoot.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  7. #7

    Default Re: Shooting in parks

    Quote Originally Posted by redstone View Post
    Question:

    Need we ask for permission to do a shoot in a park? Like for fashion editorial, or wedding. No huge equipment, no film making,
    Not sure about Singapore, but here, the regulations usually say that you need approval etc. Since you might have to pay a fee
    It is the camera, not the photographer.
    my flickr - adamloh.com

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •