Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 64

Thread: Inconsiderate photog

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Catchment Area
    Posts
    2,441

    Default Inconsiderate photog

    Was at Paragon on Sat 27 Nov 3pm. There was a fashion show cum violin performance by Min Lee.

    Throughout the performance, there was a photog who was right in front, barely 2m away from the models shooting away, standing up, blocking the view of the audience and other photog. Most other photogs are considerate inuf to be behind or at the side of the sitting area so that many others can watch the show. Here is the pic.

    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ture/p1957.jpg

    Even if he is the official photog or from the press, there should still be some form of courtesy and consideration for others. Hope that this is a rare breed and the rest of us are considerate and thoughtful of others.
    I love big car, big house, big lenses, but small apertures.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smallaperture
    Was at Paragon on Sat 27 Nov 3pm. There was a fashion show cum violin performance by Min Lee.

    Throughout the performance, there was a photog who was right in front, barely 2m away from the models shooting away, standing up, blocking the view of the audience and other photog. Most other photogs are considerate inuf to be behind or at the side of the sitting area so that many others can watch the show. Here is the pic.

    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ture/p1957.jpg

    Even if he is the official photog or from the press, there should still be some form of courtesy and consideration for others. Hope that this is a rare breed and the rest of us are considerate and thoughtful of others.
    think he forget to bring a zoom lens... anyway some photographers are indeed very inconsiderate. just dun be one when you know.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  3. #3

    Default

    I faced the same thing in the motorshow too. 5-6 other photog's were shooting in a line.. then one dude just walked in between the model and everyone else. Aiyoh..

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smallaperture
    Was at Paragon on Sat 27 Nov 3pm. There was a fashion show cum violin performance by Min Lee.

    Throughout the performance, there was a photog who was right in front, barely 2m away from the models shooting away, standing up, blocking the view of the audience and other photog. Most other photogs are considerate inuf to be behind or at the side of the sitting area so that many others can watch the show. Here is the pic.

    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ture/p1957.jpg

    Even if he is the official photog or from the press, there should still be some form of courtesy and consideration for others. Hope that this is a rare breed and the rest of us are considerate and thoughtful of others.
    guess he is not a pro at all.....or from the press or what so ever.........
    is very bad and sick to see this kind of inconsiderate photographers now and then. do met a few at the recent motor show over at suntec....holding more then 1 camera and tripod and shoot those models all the way they can get enough of it....those sales man do really shake their heads on them.

  5. #5
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default

    Frankly, if I'm the official, I won't give a hoot who I'm blocking. Be it for weddings/events, I've had my fair share of sticking my butt into others

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Punggol Park
    Posts
    1,977

    Default

    If your livelihood depends on getting the right pic at the right time then u have to chiong, stick ya butt. David Harvey who shoots for Nat Geog with his Leica had to push his way round when he shot pic of Brazilian samba.

    For hobbyist if you have the size of ESPN u can get away with it

  7. #7
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default

    jeff49er

    To get by with a good size, you need the size of Larry, not espn



    *espn migrates to pluto

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Punggol Park
    Posts
    1,977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by espn
    jeff49er

    To get by with a good size, you need the size of Larry, not espn



    *espn migrates to pluto
    ESPN is tall big and carries a big bag....the moment u butt into the scene to shoot, others surely siam. I also will siam. hahaha

    When next time others see ESPN,

    Move Away Move Away Move Away

  9. #9
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default

    chao jeff49er

  10. #10
    Senior Member glennyong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    5,587

    Default

    i sometimes realli find the official photographers very irritating... sometimes i feel like sacrificing my lens and whack their heads.... make them bleed and make them suffer from Phd.... Permanent head damage... sometimes they even spoil my day, when i asked them to moved aside so others can shoot, they wouldnt listened and continue their business....

    and one of them happened to be a media photographer from ST i think.. that stupid old man one... damn guai lan...

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Punggol Park
    Posts
    1,977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by espn
    chao jeff49er
    ESPN the cool guy

  12. #12
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glennyong
    i sometimes realli find the official photographers very irritating... sometimes i feel like sacrificing my lens and whack their heads.... make them bleed and make them suffer from Phd.... Permanent head damage... sometimes they even spoil my day, when i asked them to moved aside so others can shoot, they wouldnt listened and continue their business....

    and one of them happened to be a media photographer from ST i think.. that stupid old man one... damn guai lan...
    Obviously you've never been an official before...

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glennyong
    i sometimes realli find the official photographers very irritating... sometimes i feel like sacrificing my lens and whack their heads.... make them bleed and make them suffer from Phd.... Permanent head damage... sometimes they even spoil my day, when i asked them to moved aside so others can shoot, they wouldnt listened and continue their business....

    and one of them happened to be a media photographer from ST i think.. that stupid old man one... damn guai lan...
    If they are making a living out of this while you're just there for the sake of a hobby, they have every right to stay put even if it blocks your way cause its their job to get the right picture for their work.

    Or would it be best for the organisers to declare a "no photography" sign for you to understand?

  14. #14
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default

    Wooo you're still alive... hehe... ur NS kena cut short to 2 yrs right? Coming out soon, correct?

  15. #15

    Default

    If the dude who's blocking you is the official photographer (which he probably is if he is up front and no one else is), then he is just trying to put chicken rice/mee siam/bacon on his table the best way he know how - by being in front with the best angle.

    I honestly feel bad if I have to block other "for fun" photographers but if I have to choose between pissing them OR my client off because I don't get the shot, I'll block them anyday.

    Having said that, if everyone is from the press/magazine/professionals shooting a VIP/event, then there's sure to be jostling for position etc but its common proffesional courtesy to spare a thought for your fellow photographer who is trying to make a living just like you.

    Quote Originally Posted by djchris
    If they are making a living out of this while you're just there for the sake of a hobby, they have every right to stay put even if it blocks your way cause its their job to get the right picture for their work.

    Or would it be best for the organisers to declare a "no photography" sign for you to understand?

  16. #16

    Default

    official photog block the view is ok one. because his rank bigger, thats why he got the right to block u. u can only LL let him block u. same goes for wedding; the official photog is the only one with the right to block everone else's view, otherwise how else u expect him to capture the important moment

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    beebox
    Posts
    2,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glennyong
    i sometimes realli find the official photographers very irritating... sometimes i feel like sacrificing my lens and whack their heads.... make them bleed and make them suffer from Phd.... Permanent head damage... sometimes they even spoil my day, when i asked them to moved aside so others can shoot, they wouldnt listened and continue their business....

    and one of them happened to be a media photographer from ST i think.. that stupid old man one... damn guai lan...

    official photographer has a job to do,they are not there to enjoy the show.

    u think they so free to go there for fun and block the views ?

  18. #18
    Senior Member Pablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Blue/Green Planet
    Posts
    1,854

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kex
    official photographer has a job to do,they are not there to enjoy the show.

    u think they so free to go there for fun and block the views ?
    I agree fully
    An official photographer has every right to be where he is.
    If it is a problem, offer to pay him/her what they will lose by moving out of your way.
    I bet they would have trouble trying not to laugh till they cried
    Time, is an effortless construction :)

  19. #19
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kweehonjin
    Having said that, if everyone is from the press/magazine/professionals shooting a VIP/event, then there's sure to be jostling for position etc but its common proffesional courtesy to spare a thought for your fellow photographer who is trying to make a living just like you.
    Yes, event like this, we will take a few shots and step back, let other pro also can have some shots.

    Let presume this photographer is a pro, and was paid to get the shots, so he will do whatever he can to get it.

    The pro is shoot for living, maybe some of you are shooting for fun, so may I know who should have the priority?

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Some equitorial, tropical isle
    Posts
    2,398

    Default

    Gee.e. doesn't look official... look at all that sweat! And that shirt.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •