Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 79

Thread: What's in your camera bag today?

  1. #1
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,849

    Default What's in your camera bag today?

    Hi all,
    I thought of starting this thread since there is frequent threads asking for bags (how big is the bag, can put what etc) / lens (what lens to use) recommendation.

    Hopefully this thread (constantly updated by me or other members) will give more insights to other members.

    Please post according to the below format for clarity purpose. You can be as detailed as possible (your wish).

    Note: This is not a chat thread or recommendation thread.
    Tip: It is always good to plan what you are shooting and what you need (and leave those you don't need at home)!

    Let me start the ball rolling!

    Event - ROM shoot
    Bag - Billingham Hadley Original
    What's in my camera bag? - 5DMKII attached with 35mm f1.4, 135mm f2, BG-E6 battery grip, EX580II with omni bounce, 2 x 4 AA batteries, lens pens, small chamosis leather cloth, my personal belongings (wallet, keys, hp, spectacle case etc)
    Last edited by sinned79; 18th January 2012 at 11:39 AM.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Singapore...............
    Posts
    238

    Default Re: What's in your camera bag today?

    Bag-Sony backpack.
    What's in my camera bag? -Sony A290 Attach with 18-55 , HVL 43am flash , 2x AA batteries, Lens pen, cleaning cloth , Story books, sunglasses and my belongings.
    i love SNOOKER and PHOTOGRAPHY!!!!

  3. #3

    Default Re: What's in your camera bag today?

    wow good thread! for those who need a bag!
    Last edited by nicorn; 18th January 2012 at 02:26 PM.

  4. #4

    Default Re: What's in your camera bag today?

    Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    Event - ROM shoot
    Bag - Billingham Hadley Original
    What's in my camera bag? - 5DMKII attached with 35mm f1.4, 135mm f2, BG-E6 battery grip, EX580II with omni bounce, 2 x 4 AA batteries, lens pens, small chamosis leather cloth, my personal belongings (wallet, keys, hp, spectacle case etc)
    Do you store your camera body with the 35L mounted while transporting? Or every hardware has its own compartment? I have difficulties finding a bag that allows me to pull out my camera + lens at the shortest time... TT Speed Racer is simply too big and it is extremely uncomfortable.
    Fujifilm X-Pro2 Graphite, X-Pro1
    XF 14/2.8, 18/2, 23/2, 35/1.4, 56/1.2, 60/2.4, 55-200/3.5-4.8

  5. #5
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,849

    Default Re: What's in your camera bag today?

    Quote Originally Posted by yrh0413 View Post
    Do you store your camera body with the 35L mounted while transporting? Or every hardware has its own compartment? I have difficulties finding a bag that allows me to pull out my camera + lens at the shortest time... TT Speed Racer is simply too big and it is extremely uncomfortable.
    yup, i usually transport my cam with 1 lens attached then store the other lens separated by the divider if I bring out more then 1 lens. My my bag can accomodate 1 body + 1 lens attached and 1 lens although I can still squeeze in the body + 3 lens stored separately (bag will very packed) but usually I will use my Billingham 335 if I need to bring more then 2 lens out.
    Last edited by sinned79; 18th January 2012 at 04:55 PM.

  6. #6

    Default Re: What's in your camera bag today?

    My bag is one of those Lowepro toploader (I suspect its fake due to the cheap price, however, it's of decent quality).
    I had a Canon 100L Macro attached to my 5DM2 (with lens hood). A 50mm 1.4 (fits nicely into the space created by the lens hood). YN565EX without diffuser.

    A very nice & compact package. Sometimes I swap the 100m Macro for my 16-35L. They are about the same length.

  7. #7

    Default Re: What's in your camera bag today?

    I thought an existing thread already covers this???

  8. #8
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by area0404
    My bag is one of those Lowepro toploader (I suspect its fake due to the cheap price, however, it's of decent quality).
    I had a Canon 100L Macro attached to my 5DM2 (with lens hood). A 50mm 1.4 (fits nicely into the space created by the lens hood). YN565EX without diffuser.

    A very nice & compact package. Sometimes I swap the 100m Macro for my 16-35L. They are about the same length.
    Hi,

    Please post according the format i set. Thank you.

    -----


    Event - ?
    Bag - ?
    What's in your bag today - ?

  9. #9
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cks2k2
    I thought an existing thread already covers this???
    This is different. It's more like what you are wearing today kind of thread but in the sense what bag you are using and storing what. Not really a discussion thread.

  10. #10

    Default

    Nothing high end for me...
    Just a simple pNs plastics,
    (lightweight & small)


    Event: Journey to work everyday
    Bag: Zinc Slingbag
    Whats in it: Diana F+ / Superheadz UWS


  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Thomas More's Vision
    Posts
    627

    Default Re: What's in your camera bag today?

    Event: 8D6N Korea trip
    Bag: Manfrotto Unica VII
    What's in it during that period of time:

    Main compartment:
    1) D700 with 17-35mm attached
    2) 50mm f/1.4D
    3) 50mm f/1.2
    4) 105mm f/1.8

    The compartment at the front:
    5) 1 book
    6) 1 bottle of Oreo bites
    7) 2 spectacle case
    8) 2 EN-EL3
    9) 8 AA
    10) Nissin Di622
    11) 1 8GB CF
    12) 1 16GB CF

    Bottom compartment
    13) One jacket with rather thick layer of down feathers/ one pair of gloves + one winter hat + one scarf

    Of course, I only carried this on the first day and took out the book and the flash after the first day.

    Sorry, if I am not exactly following the guidelines... I just want to let people know what this bag can fit.

    TS please inform me if you want this removed.
    Last edited by tehzeh; 18th January 2012 at 09:39 PM.

  12. #12
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,849

    Default Re: What's in your camera bag today?

    Quote Originally Posted by tehzeh View Post
    Event: 8D6N Korea trip
    Bag: Manfrotto Unica VII
    What's in it during that period of time:

    Main compartment:
    1) D700 with 17-35mm attached
    2) 50mm f/1.4D
    3) 50mm f/1.2
    4) 105mm f/1.8

    The compartment at the front:
    5) 1 book
    6) 1 bottle of Oreo bites
    7) 2 spectacle case
    8) 2 EN-EL3
    9) 8 AA
    10) Nissin Di622
    11) 1 8GB CF
    12) 1 16GB CF

    Bottom compartment
    13) One jacket with rather thick layer of down feathers/ one pair of gloves + one winter hat + one scarf

    Of course, I only carried this on the first day and took out the book and the flash after the first day.

    Sorry, if I am not exactly following the guidelines... I just want to let people know what this bag can fit.

    TS please inform me if you want this removed.
    no worries! you are quite detailed.

  13. #13

    Default Re: What's in your camera bag today?

    Event: Walk about shoot in Singapore
    Bag: TT Retrospective 10
    What's in it: D7000 with battery grip, Tamron 17-50 attached, 50mm 1.8, 70-300 vr2, 4 x AA battery, spare AA batteries for battery grip, lens pen, 1 spare lens back cover, SB700, omni bounce, orange flash filter, and black foamy thing. Can't remember if my iPad 1 was in as well.

  14. #14

    Default Re: What's in your camera bag today?

    Event - Weekend walkabout

    Bag - Tamrac Velocity 5x

    What's in my bag today - 500D with 17-55, 10-22, Di866 Mk2, intervalometer/remote, lenspen, 3x spare LP-E5 batteries, 8x AA batteries, 1 bounce card, spare SD cards, backup lenscaps, add-on pouch holds 8-15 lens. Going to get another add-on pouch to hold my 70-300.


  15. #15

    Default

    Event- General landscape outing cum indoor
    Bag- kata rucksack
    Contents-
    D7000 with batt grip
    18-105mm lens
    10-20 mm wide lens
    70-300 telephoto lens
    50mm prime lens
    35mm prime lens
    Nissin flash
    ND filters n holder (Tianya) in pouch
    10 stop ND filter (screw on)
    Polariser (screw on)
    Wireless remote
    Wired shutter release
    Lens pen
    Cleaning cloth
    Tripod (there's a tripod holder )
    1 water bottle dangling out

    Can also fit one lap top.

    I feel like full battle order in the army.
    Nikon D7000,Nik 18-105mm,Nik 35mm F1.8,Nik 50mm F1.8,Nik 70-300mm VR,Sigma 10-20mm

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    628

    Default Re: What's in your camera bag today?

    Event-event coverage and travelling
    Bag-Lowepro DSLR Video Fastpack 250 AW
    D7000 w/ Hercules grip
    18-105mm attached
    55-200mm
    Strap tucked towards the left of the body
    Adding a 50mm 1.8D soon
    SB700
    (1 extra empty slot pending)
    2 extra memory cards (D7000 holds 2 so 4 in total)
    Circular Polariser
    ML-L3 wireless remote
    Tripod
    Air Blower
    Microfiber cloth
    Water bottle
    2 packs of tissue
    1 small box of candy

    For travelling, include:
    Laptop
    Laptop charger
    iPhone cable cum charger
    DSLR Batt charger
    Sanyo 2-hour quick charger

  17. #17
    Member Shahrie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Admiralty, SG
    Posts
    420

    Default Re: What's in your camera bag today?

    Event: Everyday use (work & walkabout)
    Bag: Crumpler Western Lawn
    What's in it: Billingham inset (for camera, films, lens), Book, umbrella (need a smaller one), Slik mini II tripod, passport, hand lotion, earphones. stationaries.








    ps: fruits not included.
    500px Mobile “The most important things in life aren't things”

  18. #18
    Moderator diver-hloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Somewhere North
    Posts
    5,201

    Default Re: What's in your camera bag today?

    Interesting thread... but won't it be better to also post photos of what the packed bag looks like... like the last post.

    Scuba & Father... For Life

  19. #19
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,849

    Default Re: What's in your camera bag today?

    Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    Interesting thread... but won't it be better to also post photos of what the packed bag looks like... like the last post.
    yup, i will try include photos in my next post haha

  20. #20
    Senior Member digitalpimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Shèng Gǎng
    Posts
    2,744

    Default

    Event: Full-battle walkabout (today).
    Bag: Domke J-2
    Contents:
    Sony A700
    Sony A230 (infrared)
    Samyang 8mm f3.5 Fisheye
    Sigma 10-20mm f4-5.6
    Sony 18-55 f3.5-5.6
    Tamron 28-105mm f2.8
    Sony 30mm f2.8 Macro
    Sony 50mm f1.8
    B+W ND110
    LCW Fader ND2-400
    Phottix wired shutter remote
    Sony PSP
    Portable WiFi (x2)
    Cigarette
    Matin rain cover
    Plastic umbrella tubes
    Chamois cloth
    Pocket tissue
    Wet tissue
    Cologne
    Hand sanitizer
    M&Ms




    .
    Last edited by digitalpimp; 20th January 2012 at 08:29 AM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •