Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Julie Roberts holding a M

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    GEYLAND LOR 15 LO
    Posts
    1,159

    Default Julie Roberts holding a M

    There is a upcoming movie 'Closer' whereby Julie Roberts is holding a M.


  2. #2

    Default

    Yes, Lecia can only take good pictures when you move closer, real close. Try Nikon next time.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    GEYLAND LOR 15 LO
    Posts
    1,159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stylus C34
    Yes, Lecia can only take good pictures when you move closer, real close. Try Nikon next time.
    Hello, what kind of statement is this???

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stylus C34
    Yes, Lecia can only take good pictures when you move closer, real close. Try Nikon next time.
    That's a good one. But Julia looks better with a LOMO, don't you think

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    203

    Default

    in various movies ..
    celebrities are often seen with various brands...

    am sure in the course of any movie, a celebrity will be:
    - holding a cup of Starbucks coffee
    - smoking hash/ciggies from his/her favourite/endorsed brand/celebrity pusher
    - check into a rehab centre at least once in their lifetime
    - appear in Oprah
    - eat a bagel
    - and brush their teeth with a foreign toothpaste


    So its not really suprising that she is made to carry a M series in the movie is it?

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    GEYLAND LOR 15 LO
    Posts
    1,159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik
    in various movies ..
    celebrities are often seen with various brands...

    am sure in the course of any movie, a celebrity will be:
    - holding a cup of Starbucks coffee
    - smoking hash/ciggies from his/her favourite/endorsed brand/celebrity pusher
    - check into a rehab centre at least once in their lifetime
    - appear in Oprah
    - eat a bagel
    - and brush their teeth with a foreign toothpaste


    So its not really suprising that she is made to carry a M series in the movie is it?
    Strange le! Then why is she not carrying a LOMO or Nikon since?
    Last edited by XXX Boy; 28th November 2004 at 09:45 AM.

  7. #7

    Default

    Because, for LOMO or Nikon, there is no need for Julia to shout "CLOSER" to take a pic

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default

    thats the only cam that doesn't block her face, at least all the face...

    imagine her using a Nikon D2X or mayb just a D70, i dun think we can see her face, mayb just her forehead & chin with the D70...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,021

    Default

    Bruce Willis used a remote controlled gun mounted with a Canon L-series telephoto prime lens. The Gus Grissom character in CSI uses a Nikon F5 to photograph crime scenes.

    I suppose it is rare then to have someone actually be holding a Leica. Its not something you expect to see in every movie, even though I don't know what that really proves.

    Endorsement, maybe. Maybe you need the ego-reinforcement to feel good that someone famous is using a Leica, even though it says nothing of the photograph being taken.

    Did you feel good seeing Julia Roberts hold that Leica?

    If I was like you, I'll feel good everytime I go to a sporting event and see a sea of white lenses.

  10. #10

    Default

    sometimes, its jsut finding the props at the very moment. Maybe someone was using a lecia on the set and just happen to use it. Happen to me on one shoot, the models use my T3 as part of a prop for a shoot.

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by r32
    Bruce Willis used a remote controlled gun mounted with a Canon L-series telephoto prime lens. ....

    The Jackal!!! Tha's what I call a real movie!! At least they are serious in getting their props.


  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by r32
    Bruce Willis used a remote controlled gun mounted with a Canon L-series telephoto prime lens. The Gus Grissom character in CSI uses a Nikon F5 to photograph crime scenes.

    I suppose it is rare then to have someone actually be holding a Leica. Its not something you expect to see in every movie, even though I don't know what that really proves.

    Endorsement, maybe. Maybe you need the ego-reinforcement to feel good that someone famous is using a Leica, even though it says nothing of the photograph being taken.

    Did you feel good seeing Julia Roberts hold that Leica?

    If I was like you, I'll feel good everytime I go to a sporting event and see a sea of white lenses.
    if william hung or any other jokers was filmed using whichever brand of cameras, i think everybody would shun that cam... he better be using a camera that is so gaffered up, who knows what camera is he using...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    thats the only cam that doesn't block her face, at least all the face...

    imagine her using a Nikon D2X or mayb just a D70, i dun think we can see her face, mayb just her forehead & chin with the D70...

    Not only that, I believe Julia Roberts knows very well herself, that Nikon, Canon, and Lomo are not for newbies to play with.


    Smart girl, that explains why she's rich.

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XXX Boy
    Hello, what kind of statement is this???

    The truth.

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    if william hung or any other jokers was filmed using whichever brand of cameras, i think everybody would shun that cam... he better be using a camera that is so gaffered up, who knows what camera is he using...
    William will looks good holding a Leica, only a Leica.



    And someone will probably flood the forum with "William Hung holding a Leica" etc.
    Last edited by Stylus C34; 28th November 2004 at 11:00 AM.

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by r32
    The Gus Grissom character in CSI uses a Nikon F5 to photograph crime scenes.
    That's GIL Grissom ... still think CSI Miami can't hold a candle to the original ... plus the location's more interesting, IMHO.

    Mind you, GUS Grissom would probably have used a Hassy for his spacewalk.

    But that's OT'ing a bit ... now back to discussions around L***a fanboys ...

  17. #17

    Default

    shooting with a Canon catches you ghost in shutter... so shooting with a Lieca gets you rich ghost?

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    2,324

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XXX Boy
    There is a upcoming movie 'Closer' whereby Julie Roberts is holding a M.

    Congrats, Julia (not Julie) you got twins!!!

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Riddle Realms
    Posts
    5,688

    Default

    This thread is pointless. Flame baits aside, I honestly do not think snide remarks and statements loaded with double meanings help in anyway.

    This thread is closed.

    Understand that any future occurrences will not be tolerated.

    It's very simple really. If you claim there is no freedom of speech, then please, by all means, go somewhere else where they will cater to your every whim and fancy and grant you all the "freedom" you want to be antagonistic.

    This is not the place to do so.

    I am not naming names but I am sure you should know yourself well enough in regards to your own postings thus far. We will not hesitate to ban or remove anyone's account if you decide to push your luck.

    We will not allow CS to degenerate and become yet another local forum where flaming, petty arguments and asinine comments are looked upon as the norm.
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •