Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Help for suggestions for location please?

  1. #1

    Default Help for suggestions for location please?

    Hi CSers! I'm looking to shoot a bride with a high fashion look but I am facing terrible difficulties searching for a appropriate location. I initially thought of a rundown place like OCH but I can't think of anywhere else besides that. Or more literal, a high looking and elegant place. I will totally appreciate it if you guys can throw in some suggestions.
    Also, do I have to take note of anything in particular for shooting/achieving a high fashion look? Will also appreciate some inputs if there's any! Thanks!
    Even Hot Girls Fart

  2. #2
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,850

    Default Re: Help for suggestions for location please?

    Quote Originally Posted by HTCahHTC View Post
    Hi CSers! I'm looking to shoot a bride with a high fashion look but I am facing terrible difficulties searching for a appropriate location. I initially thought of a rundown place like OCH but I can't think of anywhere else besides that. Or more literal, a high looking and elegant place. I will totally appreciate it if you guys can throw in some suggestions.
    Also, do I have to take note of anything in particular for shooting/achieving a high fashion look? Will also appreciate some inputs if there's any! Thanks!
    a bit contradicting... first u want a rundown place yet u want a high looking and elegant place? very hard to find leh. cos rundown and elegant opposite meaning.

    u may want to go flickr and look ard (search within singapore).

  3. #3

    Default Re: Help for suggestions for location please?

    OCH is out of bounds now... they closed it for some developments i think!

  4. #4

    Default Re: Help for suggestions for location please?

    Quote Originally Posted by HTCahHTC View Post
    Hi CSers! I'm looking to shoot a bride with a high fashion look but I am facing terrible difficulties searching for a appropriate location. I initially thought of a rundown place like OCH but I can't think of anywhere else besides that. Or more literal, a high looking and elegant place. I will totally appreciate it if you guys can throw in some suggestions.
    Also, do I have to take note of anything in particular for shooting/achieving a high fashion look? Will also appreciate some inputs if there's any! Thanks!
    The styling is more important than the location. You can have high fashion look in a rundown place and you can have a ragged look in a classy venue.
    WTB Manfrotto RC4 L Bracket

  5. #5

    Default Re: Help for suggestions for location please?

    Quote Originally Posted by sjackal View Post
    The styling is more important than the location. You can have high fashion look in a rundown place and you can have a ragged look in a classy venue.
    Sorry if I sounded contradicting, but this was what I meant. I'm looking for a high fashion looking model in a rundown place preferably. But in a classy venue is fine too Cos I'm looking to try something different instead of the cliche high fashion in classy venue, but if that doesn't work, it's okay

    And yup! I know OCH is OOB! Thanks!
    Even Hot Girls Fart

  6. #6
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,850

    Default Re: Help for suggestions for location please?

    Quote Originally Posted by HTCahHTC View Post
    Sorry if I sounded contradicting, but this was what I meant. I'm looking for a high fashion looking model in a rundown place preferably. But in a classy venue is fine too Cos I'm looking to try something different instead of the cliche high fashion in classy venue, but if that doesn't work, it's okay

    And yup! I know OCH is OOB! Thanks!
    if your model dun mind dirty off beaten tracks, ask her to go to Istana Woodneuk.

    else the jetty at yio chu kang (if i didn't rem the place wrongly)?

  7. #7

    Default Re: Help for suggestions for location please?

    Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    if your model dun mind dirty off beaten tracks, ask her to go to Istana Woodneuk.

    else the jetty at yio chu kang (if i didn't rem the place wrongly)?
    Its not called Istana for no reason, the whole plot of land belongs to foreign royalty. To go there you need to trespass and also 'instigate' another person (the model) to trespass too, the implications are complicated and frankly I do not think the authorities would treat this lightly because this is no common private property but of cross border sensitivity. I would say bad idea.
    WTB Manfrotto RC4 L Bracket

  8. #8
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,850

    Default Re: Help for suggestions for location please?

    Quote Originally Posted by sjackal View Post
    Its not called Istana for no reason, the whole plot of land belongs to foreign royalty. To go there you need to trespass and also 'instigate' another person (the model) to trespass too, the implications are complicated and frankly I do not think the authorities would treat this lightly because this is no common private property but of cross border sensitivity. I would say bad idea.
    the thing is that place had been frequented by many. and i believe now its state land. the most u are trespassing if u are caught, but so far those i know who have been there and myself never get caught. just go at your own risk.

  9. #9

    Default

    The Singapore Istana will be open on CNY

  10. #10
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by qystan
    The Singapore Istana will be open on CNY
    Crowded too

  11. #11
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Help for suggestions for location please?

    Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    if your model dun mind dirty off beaten tracks, ask her to go to Istana Woodneuk.

    else the jetty at yio chu kang (if i didn't rem the place wrongly)?
    Place has been shutdown I heard? At least tape are laid everywhere making the place not very viable for a old rustic feel.

  12. #12
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,850

    Default Re: Help for suggestions for location please?

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Place has been shutdown I heard? At least tape are laid everywhere making the place not very viable for a old rustic feel.
    oh i didnt know. i last went there with a few friends in the middle of last year. the place is sealed up with some construction going on. but we took a side way short cut (need to cut thru some bushes and climbing on 4s on a little hill) to get to the place. but surprisingly, we walk out easily from the construction main gate lol... we told the guard there, we went there to take some photos but cannot find out way out, in the end he open the gate for us

  13. #13

    Default

    Just OT here a little.. OCH was boarded up because the place is run down and in a very bad condition whereby ceilings, floors and other structures can collapse at any moment. And that didn't stop people from trespassing.

    Oh and. Weird things happen there

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309
    Just OT here a little.. OCH was boarded up because the place is run down and in a very bad condition whereby ceilings, floors and other structures can collapse at any moment. And that didn't stop people from trespassing.

    Oh and. Weird things happen there
    not closed becuz the "residents" getting cranky at trespassers?
    Alpha
    Want to get back to photography

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Photogenic

    not closed becuz the "residents" getting cranky at trespassers?
    I was one of them some years ago. It wasn't exactly a pleasant experience

  16. #16

    Default Re: Help for suggestions for location please?

    How about the old supreme court?

  17. #17
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,850

    Default Re: Help for suggestions for location please?

    actually a clean (clean as in devoid of potteries) HDB flat corridor makes good place to shoot too. and u can make use of the available natural light.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •