Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would you mind paying?

Default Re: Would you mind paying?

Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    That is possible with any or all of your extra cash... BUT

* Paying bills by SAM/AXN Machine... (ATM Card Needed) Using ibanking
    * Paying by NETS (ATM Card Needed) Using cash, cash card, flash card, credit card
    * Paying by Cheuqes (Bank Account Needed)
    * Getting Paid by your Company (Bank Account Needed)

Ok, you got me....

what I mean is if they charge me for using ATM machine, than I will avoid using ATM machine,
    I hardly using the cheque book, but still have to pay to maintenance it,
    so far everything settle via ibanking, like bill payment, giro, fund transfer etc...

Not sure does anyone still remember when there was a time than all the banks have not merged, no service charge for maintaining bank accounts, you can open as many bank account as you like, POSB brands is more than mobile phone shops, and the interest rate is two digits ...... those was the days..
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    Not sure does anyone still remember when there was a time than all the banks have not merged, no service charge for maintaining bank accounts, you can open as many bank account as you like, POSB brands is more than mobile phone shops, and the interest rate is two digits ...... those was the days..

Hahaha... those days are over... much like seeing Policeman wearing shorts...

I remember the 'bad-o-days' when you have to bring enough cash for nearly everything... marketing, shopping, makan-ing at a restaurant.. etc. A night out meant carrying hundreds of dollars with you... not all of us have a credit card then... or even now. But with NETS and ATM... why risk getting robbed carrying tons of cash when you could just get what you need from the Machine or NETS it.

If the NETS limit of $2000 per use per day is rise... most of us won't even need to bring cash to pay for a 5D MkIII which is coming soon...

Scuba & Father... For Life

Actually, it's the local banks (DBS, UOB & OCBC) that CMI.

Citibank's Step-up A/c and CIMB's Starsaver A/c still provide free cheque book and no A/C charges (not sure on the minimum balance). CIMB's Starsaver still gives the best rate at 0.8% pa with certain condition like top-up of $500 month or can deposit lumpsum.

Interest rate for my dad car's loan was 13% then...

In 1981 or so, my mother bought a Susuki 800 for $17,000 wo aircon. $1000 more with aircon!

Cashless society translates to paying society... despite saving tons of money for the bank!

The amount is huge if 1 cent(assumption) is charged for every transaction such as cash withdrawal, bill payment, fine etc

It's a practise in Europe, there's a limit for the number of time you can use the ATM in a month, after that you have to pay.

Technology makes you pay and pay.

Turning back will never happen!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12