Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Screen Protector

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123

You guys all missed the real point of my reply... :P

They are all made in C H I N A. where you can order anything, and get your own brand pasted on anything.

BTW, GGS is a Chinese company situated in Guangzhou... http://www.ggs020.com/
    Oh really, made in china ???

Oh gosh, I never realize it. But I remember quite clearly when I bought it, I saw it's made in Germany.

Or could it be its another brand that I bought?

Default Re: Screen Protector

Don't see the problem with Chinese product honestly. Using a YongNuo flash and I'm pleased with it's power & build quality. As long as the products works the way I want it, I hardly care about its origin.

FYI I was at sgcamera.stores yesterday.shop says they dun carry the GGS brand screen protector.Got a Hercules "made in Korea"one.But destroyed it later at home.Then went to rentcamera.sg at the corner of peninsula shopping centre.& got the GGS brand.Both cost $18 so total damage $36 for a screen protector.& BTW GGS is not Germany made.Nowadays everything comes from China la.Happy Shooting brudders & Gong Hee Fatt Choy!

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123

You guys all missed the real point of my reply... :P

They are all made in C H I N A. where you can order anything, and get your own brand pasted on anything.

BTW, GGS is a Chinese company situated in Guangzhou... http://www.ggs020.com/
    Oh.. Lol. I thought it was open for discusion.. Oops.. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine
    Germans have a habit of not converting / translating their names and brands into English language Your idea would result in 'DGC' (literally translated).
    Lol.. It was just for the fun of it..

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus7
    FYI I was at sgcamera.stores yesterday.shop says they dun carry the GGS brand screen protector.Got a Hercules "made in Korea"one.But destroyed it later at home.Then went to rentcamera.sg at the corner of peninsula shopping centre.& got the GGS brand.Both cost $18 so total damage $36 for a screen protector.& BTW GGS is not Germany made.Nowadays everything comes from China la.Happy Shooting brudders & Gong Hee Fatt Choy!
    I'm itching to get 1 for my A33 too..
    Alpha
    Want to get back to photography

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    Oh really, made in china ???

Oh gosh, I never realize it. But I remember quite clearly when I bought it, I saw it's made in Germany.

Or could it be its another brand that I bought?

GGS has never been made in Germany. And none of the screen protectors normally sold in Singapore are made in Germany.

The Giottos Aegis screen protectors are made "using German technology" and claims of using Schott glass. But they cost quite a lot more like $40-50. But still Giottos is a Taiwanese company HQ in Shenzhen China. And so are their factories. So there...

In the end, the cheaper and just as scratch resistant GGS has grown in size many folds in the last few years to become one of the top manufacturers for camera screen protectors in the world.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 18th January 2012 at 09:25 AM.

Ok brudders,whoever wishes to get GGS screen protector can proceed to Rentcamera@SG located at Peninsula Shoping Centre #01-20.It is smacked right at the end of the mall,next to the glass door & opposite a food court.Gong Hee Fatt Choy guys! P/S: it's priced at $18

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus7 View Post
    Ok brudders,whoever wishes to get GGS screen protector can proceed to Rentcamera@SG located at Peninsula Shoping Centre #01-20.It is smacked right at the end of the mall,next to the glass door & opposite a food court.Gong Hee Fatt Choy guys! P/S: it's priced at $18
    Rentcamera@SG is also known as Lens.SG and also known as monster lens/camera.

Their GGS screen is sold at $18 all the time but they do stock a lot more for different camera models. You can get cheaper from mass sales or ebay. Many other stores also sell GGS screens one example is TK Foto. You can see their pricelist here: http://www.tkfoto.com.sg/index.php/o...reen-protector
    Last edited by daredevil123; 18th January 2012 at 12:20 PM.

Jus like in the movie "Ammageddon"
    The russian astronaut said "US components, Russia components, Japan componants..... all made in Taiwan" in this case china,
    Anyway quality of SOME china made stuff are getting better. Jus SOME

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blackchua View Post
    Jus like in the movie "Ammageddon"
    The russian astronaut said "US components, Russia components, Japan componants..... all made in Taiwan" in this case china,
    Anyway quality of SOME china made stuff are getting better. Jus SOME
    If you ever lived in China, you will notice just how good MOST china made stuff have become.

It is just that many things singapore companies import from China, are the cheaper and lousier stuff..

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    If you ever lived in China, you will notice just how good MOST china made stuff have become.
    It is just that many things singapore companies import from China, are the cheaper and lousier stuff..
    That's epic! But .. on the other hand .. to be expected
    EOS

who knows. those with deep pockets might even go for gorilla glass to protect the lcd screen.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

Quote Originally Posted by Reportage View Post
    who knows. those with deep pockets might even go for gorilla glass to protect the lcd screen.
    Gorilla glass .. so hairy or so smelly..? [SCNR]
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Gorilla glass .. so hairy or so smelly..? [SCNR]
    but then nowadays asahi's dragontrail is so much stronger.

Dragontrail vs. Gorilla: The Super Tough Glass Game Is On | Fast Company
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    GGS has never been made in Germany. And none of the screen protectors normally sold in Singapore are made in Germany.

The Giottos Aegis screen protectors are made "using German technology" and claims of using Schott glass. But they cost quite a lot more like $40-50. But still Giottos is a Taiwanese company HQ in Shenzhen China. And so are their factories. So there...

In the end, the cheaper and just as scratch resistant GGS has grown in size many folds in the last few years to become one of the top manufacturers for camera screen protectors in the world.

Bro, which cameras stores carry the giotto screen protector ?
    L.O.V.E Is A Four Letter Word.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123