Thread: Recommendations?

Red face Recommendations?

Hi guys.

I would like to seek your opinions on certain cameras! Im currently looking at Olympus EP3 because it seems much more portable than my current Canon 500d. But then again, the price seems to be a little on the higher side for now, and also Leica M8. I would appreciate if you guys could just throw me some suggestions for a good camera!

I intend to use this camera for leisure, nothing serious or professional, and would prefer if it is good enough for travelling/outdoor pictures. I really like how the pictures came out with the Leica and EP3, but a Leica is definitely way off budget. Also the multiple filters in EP3 makes the camera a much more interesting gadget to play around. I wouldn't really want to get another DSLR (except this EP3 which is not exactly like a DSLR) because I would like to bring it around with me. So I'm thinking, maybe a semi pro/rangefinder/compact?

Budget: $600 +/-
    Preferences: Clarity, Point and Shoot/Speed, Portability, Filters (optional), Leisure
    Format: semi pro/rangefinder/compact

Many thanks in advance!

Default Re: Recommendations?

Sounds like you need a point and shoot maybe. An S100?
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by paperrockstar View Post
    Hi guys.

I would like to seek your opinions on certain cameras! Im currently looking at Olympus EP3 because it seems much more portable than my current Canon 500d. But then again, the price seems to be a little on the higher side for now, and also Leica M8. I would appreciate if you guys could just throw me some suggestions for a good camera!

I intend to use this camera for leisure, nothing serious or professional, and would prefer if it is good enough for travelling/outdoor pictures. I really like how the pictures came out with the Leica and EP3, but a Leica is definitely way off budget. Also the multiple filters in EP3 makes the camera a much more interesting gadget to play around. I wouldn't really want to get another DSLR (except this EP3 which is not exactly like a DSLR) because I would like to bring it around with me. So I'm thinking, maybe a semi pro/rangefinder/compact?

Preferences: Clarity, Point and Shoot/Speed, Portability, Filters (optional), Leisure

Many thanks in advance!
    S$600 budget?

Semi pro - Out of the question.
    rangefinder - maybe - those old film type if you can still find
    compact - LX3/ LX5, XZ-1, S95 (all of them second hand)
    budget mirrorless - GH2 (if TK's promotion still on, you can get one for S$599)
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post
    S$600 budget?

Semi pro - Out of the question.
    rangefinder - maybe - those old film type if you can still find
    compact - LX3/ LX5, XZ-1, S95 (all of them second hand)
    budget mirrorless - GH2 (if TK's promotion still on, you can get one for S$599)
    Welcome to T K FOTO - Special Offer: Panasonic GF2 w/14-42mm Lens
    Alpha
    Want to get back to photography

Oops. my bad... it was the GF2.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Quote Originally Posted by paperrockstar View Post
    Hi guys.

Many thanks in advance!
    Canon S100. Small and good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by TWmilkteaTW
    Canon S100. Small and good enough.
    Plus get it n HK. I just did... HK$3480 = S$577

Here in SG it is S$699.

Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post
    Oops. my bad... it was the GF2.
    Oh.. i wanted to link TS to the page; never intended to point that out. =)
    Alpha
    Want to get back to photography

Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post
    Plus get it n HK. I just did... HK$3480 = S$577

Here in SG it is S$699.
    699 is RRP. Shop price is lower.
    Alpha

S100. Should be about $649