Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do you gaffered up your camera/lens ?

Default Why do you gaffered up your camera/lens ?

I have seen or heard many users gaffer here gaffer there on their cameras and lenses which are so beautifully/ergonomically crafted.

Why take away the effort/pride of the camera/lens designers and the joy of yourself and others admiring such a piece of photographic art?

Your reasons please....

some ppl gaffer it for better griping/handling. afriad sweat might do something to the cam? i don't do that at all. one day i might.

because i want to be like espn with bacang

vince123123
    Guests

anyone got a pic of their gaffered camera? am interested to see how its done esp with all the small surfaces...

Quote Originally Posted by bgat
    I have seen or heard many users gaffer here gaffer there on their cameras and lenses which are so beautifully/ergonomically crafted.

Why take away the effort/pride of the camera/lens designers and the joy of yourself and others admiring such a piece of photographic art?

Your reasons please....

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by offspring
    because i want to be like espn with bacang
    offspring

NEVER mention the BAH ZHANG.

vince123123
    Guests

espn post a pic of ur gaffered cam leh, i wanna see how u pros do it
    tks!

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    offspring

NEVER mention the BAH ZHANG.

Jason H0
    Guests

u protects the body so that it can be still a virgin. When the buyer comes when u sell your body he can carcass the body as if it is still pure and untouched. Put in it this way, you are saving the best parts for him.

Quote Originally Posted by bgat

Your reasons please....

heheh, i have never thought of 'gaffer-ing' up my cameras until one fine day last week, i walked into Popular Bookstore and picked up a roll.

i guess there are lots of reasons for one to 'gaffer' up a camera, either for practical or aesthetic reasons (?? to preserve the 'original' look lah). for me, it's because the particular camera i'm using tend to have 'detached' skin. i suppose it would be cheaper to just gaffer up the vulnerable places and make do with a 'ugly' camera than to send it in for re-skinning. another reason is to make the cameras appear more 'low-key' by taping up the brand name and model etc. i could be wrong, but i figured people would be less intimidated by a generic-looking all-black camera.

it doesn't really affect how the camera works in any way (if properly taped!!) plus, none of my frens and colleagues seemed to noticed until i specifically point out, "do you see something different about my camera today??"

One day there will be a "gaffered camera bodies" exhibition at the museum, no prizes for guessing who the artist is... *hint* e**n. The title would be "The Art of the BaZhang"

vince123123
    Guests

im always wondering, how do you guys gaffer up the small nooks and cranies, or uneven surfaces, or even the buttons?

no one got photo of their gaffered cam to share arh?

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123
    im always wondering, how do you guys gaffer up the small nooks and cranies, or uneven surfaces, or even the buttons?

no one got photo of their gaffered cam to share arh?
    Got to ask esp*, u bet he knows how to gaffer up every little bits and pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason H0
    u protects the body so that it can be still a virgin. When the buyer comes when u sell your body he can carcass the body as if it is still pure and untouched. Put in it this way, you are saving the best parts for him.
    In that case you should sell the untouched body more than you've bought because it's due to your tender loving care that the body maintains its prestine beauty!

Gaffer for mysterious reasons

It would be damn cool for someone to gaffer the tripods, camera bag, flash gun, lenses and camera body. Don't you think?

And handphone, belt, wallet and shoes too?

Deregistered

Garion

Astin

Never ever mention the Bah Zhang

Hi Stereobox, which brand gaffle tape you bought from the bookstore? How is it comparing to those from MO? I want to gaffer-up one of my lenses

Thanks and Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Stereobox
    heheh, i have never thought of 'gaffer-ing' up my cameras until one fine day last week, i walked into Popular Bookstore and picked up a roll.

i guess there are lots of reasons for one to 'gaffer' up a camera, either for practical or aesthetic reasons (?? to preserve the 'original' look lah). for me, it's because the particular camera i'm using tend to have 'detached' skin. i suppose it would be cheaper to just gaffer up the vulnerable places and make do with a 'ugly' camera than to send it in for re-skinning. another reason is to make the cameras appear more 'low-key' by taping up the brand name and model etc. i could be wrong, but i figured people would be less intimidated by a generic-looking all-black camera.

it doesn't really affect how the camera works in any way (if properly taped!!) plus, none of my frens and colleagues seemed to noticed until i specifically point out, "do you see something different about my camera today??"

it says 'Sliontec'. i don't know how it compares to the MO tapes, cos i have never seen them before. anyway, gaffer tapes they all look n behave the same to me haha! they are most commonly used by film production crews (by grips and..guess what, gaffers) for all kinds of misc. tasks. they are used to secure and tape up exposed film cans too

Jason H0
    Guests

dont forget to gaffer the view finder and the front and back of the lens so that you wont scratch the surfaces

Quote Originally Posted by Sion
    It would be damn cool for someone to gaffer the tripods, camera bag, flash gun, lenses and camera body. Don't you think?

And handphone, belt, wallet and shoes too?

i only gaffer the edges....to protect them....dun see the point in gaffering up everything...

for film i can understand even better...to prevent the sticky back thing lo...

Quote Originally Posted by Stereobox
    it says 'Sliontec'. i don't know how it compares to the MO tapes, cos i have never seen them before. anyway, gaffer tapes they all look n behave the same to me haha! they are most commonly used by film production crews (by grips and..guess what, gaffers) for all kinds of misc. tasks. they are used to secure and tape up exposed film cans too
    Thanks. Will see if I can find one. I only want to tape one Sigma lens (its coating came off a bit).

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast