Thread: quality of scans from Konota shop

Default quality of scans from Konota shop

I normally ask the shop to scan my negatives, at the best quality available (which they call 16-base).

I used to get files of 3MB. Yesterday they gave me files of less than 1MB. I don't know why. I understand that a smaller file has less information, as the image has been compressed.

Why does the shop compress so much the image? And why should I pay for the expensive 16-base, if they give me small files with loss of image quality?

maybe they scanned wrongly..... accidently gave u a lower res scan instead???

check with them??? people do make mistakes from time to time ya....

cheers..

Quote Originally Posted by stefyxz
    I normally ask the shop to scan my negatives, at the best quality available (which they call 16-base).

I used to get files of 3MB. Yesterday they gave me files of less than 1MB. I don't know why. I understand that a smaller file has less information, as the image has been compressed.

Why does the shop compress so much the image? And why should I pay for the expensive 16-base, if they give me small files with loss of image quality?

check the image size ,if it is ard 1800x1200,they probably did a 4 base scan for u.
    a 16base scan is ard 3818x2546 for my scanner,frontier is ard 3600x2400..