Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: First Step into Photography

Default Re: First Step into Photography

Quote Originally Posted by zapit View Post
    Think I left funny before 5.30 pm and I was alone so probably is not me you are seeing.
    Ya it's around that time, not sure if that guy was your friend or he's just looking at your purchase but notice your alone after that looking at the lady changing lens or something for you. You are served by the middle aged lady right? If its you I was just beside you buying a bag. haha

Another question is my viewfinder is pretty dark when I chose manual mode. It is fine in other mode such as aperture priority. What is the setting I need to tweak?
    I think you'd better familiarize yourself with what each of the exposure modes (P, A, S, M) does, and also understand things like metering.

Another thing: the brightness through the viewfinder should be constant no matter what exposure mode you use, everything else being the same.
    Exploring! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Halfgeek

Ya it's around that time, not sure if that guy was your friend or he's just looking at your purchase but notice your alone after that looking at the lady changing lens or something for you. You are served by the middle aged lady right? If its you I was just beside you buying a bag. haha
    Then it must be me!

Then it must be me!
    Haha. Nice to see you congrats on your 60D

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra

I think you'd better familiarize yourself with what each of the exposure modes (P, A, S, M) does, and also understand things like metering.

Another thing: the brightness through the viewfinder should be constant no matter what exposure mode you use, everything else being the same.
    But is definitely different between av and m mode. My Tv(shutter priority) mode also dark like manual mode. Going back to store to ask.

Haha. Nice to see you congrats on your 60D
    Now going to sls. Wanna meet for drink?

Now going to sls. Wanna meet for drink?
    Today I can't, tomorrow I can... Need to get a UV filter

Today I can't, tomorrow I can... Need to get a UV filter
    I send u a pm regarding filter, check it out

But is definitely different between av and m mode. My Tv(shutter priority) mode also dark like manual mode. Going back to store to ask.
    As ZCA said, the viewfinder should be constant no matter which mode you are using, TV, AV, M, P. The final outcome (the picture), can be darker, due to possible reasons like metering difference or the auto ISO or other settings.

oh, btw, the Sirui I got was with a G10 BH, (regretted it), costs abt $160 during then, by now the price should have went up abit..check out TK Foto's website for detailed pricing.
    Last edited by SkyStrike; 16th January 2012 at 03:28 PM.
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

I think you're confused between viewfinder (little 'peephole' that you put your eye up against) and LCD screen

If you're referring to LCD screen (LiveView image) getting darker when you switch modes, it's the camera's representation of how the final image will look like.
    Chances are, the settings for the 3 critical values (shutter speed, ISO, aperture value) are different between your Av mode and M mode, hence the difference in the brightness of the LiveView image.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike

As ZCA said, the viewfinder should be constant no matter which mode you are using, TV, AV, M, P. The final outcome (the picture), can be darker, due to possible reasons like metering difference or the auto ISO or other settings.

oh, btw, the Sirui I got was with a G10 BH, (regretted it), costs abt $160 during then, by now the price should have went up abit..check out TK Foto's website for detailed pricing.
    Oh sorry I realize I got mix up, is not the viewfinder but the LCD I'm referring to.

I think you're confused between viewfinder (little 'peephole' that you put your eye up against) and LCD screen

If you're referring to LCD screen (LiveView image) getting darker when you switch modes, it's the camera's representation of how the final image will look like.
    Chances are, the settings for the 3 critical values (shutter speed, ISO, aperture value) are different between your Av mode and M mode, hence the difference in the brightness of the LiveView image.
    I try tinkering with the Ido, shutter and f. No. but the LCD stay dim. I google the issue and I seem to be like a problem with firmware.

I try tinkering with the Ido, shutter and f. No. but the LCD stay dim. I google the issue and I seem to be like a problem with firmware.
    Note down the 3 values for ISO, S/speed and aperture when you set it to Av mode and the screen appears brighter.
    Switch the camera to M mode and set the same 3 values. Does the screen appear to be the same brightness?

Unless it's drastically different, I wouldn't be too bothered. Never expected the LiveView image to be an exact representation of the final image anyway.
    Besides, you should look through the viewfinder more often

Note down the 3 values for ISO, S/speed and aperture when you set it to Av mode and the screen appears brighter.
    Switch the camera to M mode and set the same 3 values. Does the screen appear to be the same brightness?

Unless it's drastically different, I wouldn't be too bothered. Never expected the LiveView image to be an exact representation of the final image anyway.
    Besides, you should look through the viewfinder more often
    That brings up a good question. The LCD is bigger and so what are the advantages of looking in the viewfinder over LCD?

That brings up a good question. The LCD is bigger and so what are the advantages of looking in the viewfinder over LCD?
    Off my mind, I can currently think of 2.
    - Lesser power consumption
    - Faster focusing...
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

You might be tinkering with the ISO, shutter and aperture but seriously, do you know what setting and why you are applying those setting when trying to make the LCD screen "look" bright enough?
    Last edited by oracle0711; 16th January 2012 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oracle0711
    You might be tinkering with the ISO, shutter and aperture but seriously, do you know what setting and why you are applying those setting when trying to make the LCD screen "look" bring enough?
    Finally solve the problem! Is actually the shutter.

Finally got a 30l dry cabinet and a Siri tripod and an iPad ad card reader and a 50 mm prime lens. Probably done enough shopping for half a year!

Fantastic! Probably it is time to do some photography?

Finally got a 30l dry cabinet and a Siri tripod and an iPad ad card reader and a 50 mm prime lens. Probably done enough shopping for half a year!

Quote Originally Posted by oracle0711
    Fantastic! Probably it is time to do some photography?
    Wow you can read my mind. Just reached home and going over to little Guilin to take my first series of shots! Hopefully can catch the blue hour.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast