Thread: Which firewire CF Card Reader would you buy?

Lightbulb Which firewire CF Card Reader would you buy?

I'm looking to buy a firewire card reader for CF cards at the SITEX. Any good recommendations?

All comments n opinions are more than welcome.

I am using the Lexar Firewire CF card reader (old version). It's fast and good. The new version looks sleeker and smaller, but it's the same goodness in the box.

Alternatively, try the Belkin.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by AJ23
    I am using the Lexar Firewire CF card reader (old version). It's fast and good. The new version looks sleeker and smaller, but it's the same goodness in the box.

Alternatively, try the Belkin.
    Hi AJ,

thank you for your recommendations. Would you happen to know the price and storebooth which is selling this at SITEX? Your help is much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Gosu_John
    Hi AJ,

thank you for your recommendations. Would you happen to know the price and storebooth which is selling this at SITEX? Your help is much appreciated!
    The Lexar FW CF reader should be around $70+. Not too sure about which booth in SITEX selling though.

Belkin got a booth in SITEX.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ23
    The Lexar FW CF reader should be around $70+. Not too sure about which booth in SITEX selling though.

Belkin got a booth in SITEX.
    The Lexar Firewire CF Card Reader has dropped to $49. Check out EastGear's booth

AJ: Thank you once again. My exams end on 29th. Not sure if the promotions are still on at Eastgear after that. Unless I find a kind soul to buy for me.

casey: That sounds great! I will be getting my 4 2500 Sanyo Batteries and the Maha charger as well for my SB-800. Who ever said that digital photography was cheap?

ok.
    watch out for those "no brand" card readers.

Some of them needs u to insert the card 1st into the card reader, then plug the card reader into the computer. And this is not how a card reader is supposed to work. I regret getting a no brand reader, hope u don't.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by AReality
    ok.
    watch out for those "no brand" card readers.

Some of them needs u to insert the card 1st into the card reader, then plug the card reader into the computer. And this is not how a card reader is supposed to work. I regret getting a no brand reader, hope u don't.
    Hi AReality,

point noted. Thanks for letting everyone know.