Thread: Beware when you send your PC for repair

Angry Beware when you send your PC for repair

Hi All, if you are staying in Pasir Ris, beware of a computer repair shop in Loyang point. i had a very bad experience with the guy who repair my computer and nearly start a fight as he over charged me for the repair and didn't do a good job. That guy have very little experience, as i was rushing to get a job done i learn a expensive lesson.

Good intentions aside, please post in the correct forum next time

Off the shoulder of Orion, near the Tannhauser gate

Quote Originally Posted by Ansel baby
    Hi All, if you are staying in Pasir Ris, beware of a computer repair shop in Loyang point. i had a very bad experience with the guy who repair my computer and nearly start a fight as he over charged me for the repair and didn't do a good job. That guy have very little experience, as i was rushing to get a job done i learn a expensive lesson.
    And besides, its not appropriate to air your grievances on this forum, even tho your intentions may be good. Can get into legal trouble.

Tread moved

I believe this will be a better place.

He did not pin-point any particular shop, shouldn't get him into trouble?

Very difficult to define "over charge".
    Eg 1, I fell sick and see doctor, doctor gives me flu medicine and charge me $25, I can buy the same medicine for $1.
    Eg 2, Toilet sink choke, I call the plumber, he bring out a tube and clear the choke in 5 minutes, then charge me $60, I can buy the same tube for $50 and do it myself.

Off the shoulder of Orion, near the Tannhauser gate

Quote Originally Posted by Drudkh
    He did not pin-point any particular shop, shouldn't get him into trouble?
    If its just one shop that repairs computers at Loyang Point, then it is obvious. If there is more than one shop, then 1) the "warning" is useless and 2) all the shops there that repair computers can feel aggrieved since it was not specific.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansel baby
    Hahaa! I know that shop. Won't touch it with a ten foot pole. Its a wonder its surviving. The stuff there is really old.

ANyway, hope you recovered from the experience.

That's why I repair my own computers!
    The equipment can only bring you so far - the rest of the photographic journey is done by you.