Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DSLR Cleaning Level: Idiot

Default Re: DSLR Cleaning Level: Idiot

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    hose water is better than no water. Wait a couple of hours to get to distilled water, damaged is already done.
    True... Maybe hose water then distilled water? This picture is only 1/3 of the story!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by area0404 View Post
    True... Maybe hose water then distilled water? This picture is only 1/3 of the story!
    Maybe... But do remember hose water in many countries are actually very very good water.. some places, there are minimal chemicals..

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123

Maybe... But do remember hose water in many countries are actually very very good water.. some places, there are minimal chemicals..
    It's very good water as in it's clean, pollution clean A lot of places, the tap water is usually hard water to varying degrees and may not be potable as it's not treated.

I'm not talking about some desolate country, regions in the US, W European countries where it is not recommended to drink straight from the tap. Hard water is also quite common.

Quote Originally Posted by qystan View Post
    It's very good water as in it's clean, pollution clean A lot of places, the tap water is usually hard water to varying degrees and may not be potable as it's not treated.

I'm not talking about some desolate country, regions in the US, W European countries where it is not recommended to drink straight from the tap. Hard water is also quite common.
    All of a sudden, this turned into a water quality research thread. XD

Singapore water = newater = have a nice time camera xD
    Canon 600D / EF 70-200 f2.8 L USM / EF 50 f1.8 II

Quote Originally Posted by Valkarian View Post
    Reverse osmosis does an amazing job in cleaning water up. In fact, I suspect Singapore's water is one of the closest to distilled water.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkarian View Post
    Reverse osmosis gives you nearly 100% pure water I think... it's clean enough for the demanding wafer fabrication plants.
    they had to add salt to it before being bottled for drinking... I remember seeing sodium chloride or something like that on the label of the newater bottles in addition to pure water.

Quote Originally Posted by Zertelle

Reverse osmosis gives you nearly 100% pure water I think... it's clean enough for the demanding wafer fabrication plants.
    they had to add salt to it before being bottled for drinking... I remember seeing sodium chloride or something like that on the label of the newater bottles in addition to pure water.
    I drink tap water don't worry XD just making a jest! Thank you science geeks =P
    Canon 600D / EF 70-200 f2.8 L USM / EF 50 f1.8 II

Quote Originally Posted by Zertelle View Post
    I remember back in secondary school, the first time I drank newater it was a new taste experience.

Well nothing tasted like that and we were told that it was too pure to taste like tap/mineral water. It kind of gives you a tingly sensation on your tongue at that "pure" after-taste can last for a few minutes. Do they add salt now?

Maybe we're accustomed to newater ever since it was introduced to our public water supply so we can't tell a big difference anymore.

I'm more of laughing at the layman comments that this cleaning method is alright

Quote Originally Posted by seezhijie View Post
    I'm more of laughing at the layman comments that this cleaning method is alright
    haven't you learned to listen/read more and talk less after getting bashed left right center so many times?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12