Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hong Kong - recommendations for photo sites/locations?

Default Re: Hong Kong - recommendations for photo sites/locations?

Dug out this 1 yr thread, haha!

Ok. If I want to take time lapse of Big Buddha during dawn, how should I do it? I search the web, no cheap nearby place for me to stay. Can I stay in the hill top overnight, recommended? I saw another way is to stay at airport as it's nearby, moves off at 5am and go up the hills. Is it worth to do so or other better ways?
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

Hi BBTM,
    From what i recall, there is no accomodation at Ngong Ping 360. Nearest I would suggest is Novotel at Tung Chung mtr station, where it is the start of the cable car. At morning, you can take a cab up to the top to capture the beautiful sunrise.

If you like to capture oldish HK Cha-Chan-Teng (coffee shop) scene, there is a shop underground at Tsim Sha Tsui Lan Fong Yuen 蘭芳園 in building called Woodhouse, same building as ChungKing Mansion.

I did my pre-wedding old-school photo there. We managed to go there first customer of the day and no one's in it. So, we made ourselves comfortable snapping photos away and the waiters didn't bother us. Love that series of photos.

Another old-school place is Starbucks at Central Dundell Street (can walk up from Ice House Street). It is pretty secluded and less people during weekend. Very old school, with fake window and confusing neon lights / posters outside. Even my daddy asked me where I find such places in HK.

Google the places and you can see the interior decor. I stay in HK and exploring this city, so have special love for the old school hk places.

Cheers,
    Cornishcay

Quote Originally Posted by zzbboyzz View Post
    Went to HK in 2009. Here are my collection : )

Collection: Hong Kong
    unable to see now

i am going hongkong in may this yr.
    Newbie in photography.
    OMD EM-5, 12-50mm

Pottinger street at Central. Old cobbledstones slope. There are lots of graffiti walls alongside too.

I took a couple of photos there during my trip last week. See photos #17-25
    Zenfolio | throughmyviewfinder | HongKong

Quote Originally Posted by ttytian View Post
    Pottinger street at Central. Old cobbledstones slope. There are lots of graffiti walls alongside too.

I took a couple of photos there during my trip last week. See photos #17-25
    Zenfolio | throughmyviewfinder | HongKong
    woh u use zenfolio.. is it better than flickr?
    Newbie in photography.
    OMD EM-5, 12-50mm

Quote Originally Posted by steventay View Post
    woh u use zenfolio.. is it better than flickr?
    Didnt really try flickr. Was comparing between smugmug and Zenfolio, and ended up deciding on the latter

Quote Originally Posted by ttytian View Post
    Didnt really try flickr. Was comparing between smugmug and Zenfolio, and ended up deciding on the latter
    nice photo and nice lens collection you have
    Newbie in photography.
    OMD EM-5, 12-50mm

Back from hk. What a trip for me. As I am alone, I otot. I even stays at lantau island for a night out, without much protection. Luckily not much happening, ha ha! Manage to capture a numbers of time lapse. If you there next time and going to peak, look at the peak first. If you can't see the peak, forget about going up, save for another day.

Only thing is that I didn't enjoy much on food as I need to on the move and doing time lapse. But I can just return with other for makan, heh heh! I not sure about other hotel but mine need to deposit even i paid full. Luckily got enough else really eat grass.
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12