Thread: Reaching Out to Another You

Default Reaching Out to Another You

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
    Composition, IQ, PP and what can be improved?

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
    I wanted to isolate the young lady, a youth in the modern times looking at her image and displaying abit of curiosity as well as deeper thought.

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
    Taken using Canon 600D, 70-200 f2.8. I wanted to capture the young lady staring at her reflection and reaching out to it.
    F9.0 / ISO 200 used, PP with Photoshop to lower DOF and create BnW and abit of Sepia.

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
    I felt that it displays a sense of soul searching and thought, a youth reaching out to her reflection. I thought the surrounding people might be a little distracting, but tried to remove focus from them by blurring them out.

Reflection by valkarian, on Flickr
    Canon 600D / EF 70-200 f2.8 L USM / EF 50 f1.8 II

Default Re: Reaching Out to Another You

love the feelings in here.. with the reflection and all. it'll do a lot better without all the distraction in the background, left and right (crop them out instead of blurring them out). subject isolation is important too when you think about the composition etc.

thanks for sharing!
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

Thanks! I guess I should have cropped more. Will take note of it.

With f/4 you would achieve a better object isolation. Move a bit to the left, watch how the people in the background will shift aside, wait for the walking man to pass.
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine
    With f/4 you would achieve a better object isolation. Move a bit to the left, watch how the people in the background will shift aside, wait for the walking man to pass.
    I see. However the kid was just touch and go on the water. Only once at that. Was lucky to get this away at all =X I guess cropping again huh. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Valkarian View Post
    I see. However the kid was just touch and go on the water. Only once at that. Was lucky to get this away at all =X I guess cropping again huh. Thanks!
    I know these situations Not always we have the time to compose.. also: the more we aim and compose the higher the chance we get discovered and the moment is spoiled. That's why I'm more into landscape .. it is more patient
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    I know these situations Not always we have the time to compose.. also: the more we aim and compose the higher the chance we get discovered and the moment is spoiled. That's why I'm more into landscape .. it is more patient
    ah... but the exhilaration of getting that one special shot. pros and cons to live with i guess!