Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: thoughts on taiwan wedding photoshoot+holiday ?

Default Re: thoughts on taiwan wedding photoshoot+holiday ?

Quote Originally Posted by qystan View Post
    If you know someone who has engaged them, ask to use the same photographer. Its more about the photographer than the company. Believe the photographers may not be their staff, but engaged on job basis.
    I don't.. is this the same shop that your dotter went to?
    Alpha
    Want to get back to photography

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Photogenic

I don't.. is this the same shop that your dotter went to?
    It's a different studio. It's in Taipei.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Photogenic View Post
    Yes, that.. please tell me they are good.. my fren in TW says they are not bad..
    we used their main photographer kevin, whom they supposedly reserve for customers from overseas.

photographer is good, can communicate well and pose well, and can make us laugh and smile for natural shots.

camera gear is average, a D300 paired with sigma lenses + a nikon 80-200 f2.8. night shots turned out pretty noisy due to the poor high iso performance of the body.

In the end the shots came out nicely, we picked 70 pics for printing in the album and got 100 full res soft copies.

bridal album layout is tacky though. The type that the older generation probably likes but not to my taste.

difficulty lies in communicating your requirements for the album layout in mandarin via email with the studio. we gave up after 3 rounds of communication and just asked them to print.

customer service was great though. they drove us everywhere in the boss's black merc, brought us to the night markets, treated us lunch and dinner on the 1st day of gown selection, 2nd day dinner after the shooting, and 3rd day dinner.

they actually printed and delivered everything to us at our last stop in taipei before returning to singapore. very fast. resulted in us having overweight luggage haha.... if you are flying jetstar do buy extra luggage weight/pieces for the framed shot and poster. hand carry the album.

on inspection of the printed album, we found some images that were printed full page to be blurry due to handshake/motion blur. We contacted the boss and they actually took back our album a week later when they were in SG for another roadshow, and promised to reprint for us and we selected replacement pictures for the blurred shots. the blurred shots were not detectable when viewing the previews during photo selection.

so all in all good service.

good photographer (kevin).

not the best gear (poor night shots image quality)

album layout design not the best.
    A7R3|V12|V15|FE28|MS17|MS35|MS50|50lux|50C|50Artis an|FD85L|FE85|90 cron|
    Σ24|35L|Σ50|135L|70-200G2

Quote Originally Posted by ricleo

we used their main photographer kevin, whom they supposedly reserve for customers from overseas.

photographer is good, can communicate well and pose well, and can make us laugh and smile for natural shots.

camera gear is average, a D300 paired with sigma lenses + a nikon 80-200 f2.8. night shots turned out pretty noisy due to the poor high iso performance of the body.

In the end the shots came out nicely, we picked 70 pics for printing in the album and got 100 full res soft copies.

bridal album layout is tacky though. The type that the older generation probably likes but not to my taste.

difficulty lies in communicating your requirements for the album layout in mandarin via email with the studio. we gave up after 3 rounds of communication and just asked them to print.

customer service was great though. they drove us everywhere in the boss's black merc, brought us to the night markets, treated us lunch and dinner on the 1st day of gown selection, 2nd day dinner after the shooting, and 3rd day dinner.

they actually printed and delivered everything to us at our last stop in taipei before returning to singapore. very fast. resulted in us having overweight luggage haha.... if you are flying jetstar do buy extra luggage weight/pieces for the framed shot and poster. hand carry the album.

on inspection of the printed album, we found some images that were printed full page to be blurry due to handshake/motion blur. We contacted the boss and they actually took back our album a week later when they were in SG for another roadshow, and promised to reprint for us and we selected replacement pictures for the blurred shots. the blurred shots were not detectable when viewing the previews during photo selection.

so all in all good service.

good photographer (kevin).

not the best gear (poor night shots image quality)

album layout design not the best.
    Ok, I'll note the photographer and look at his shots.

Did you in the end select any night shot?

Can pm me what u send to them? It it's what I wanted I can translate it to trad Chinese and send over.. My translation skills are unfortunately better than my photography skills.. Hahaha
    Alpha

can't really help you on what we communicated, as it depends on what they initially designed for you, then you make the changes.

of course you can take a look at their sample albums and tell them which style you prefer first.

what I did was to ask them to remove all the wordings they put in to the pages. Their english is not very good, full of typo, spelling mistakes, grammatical errors. I rather have no words in the album.

Ok, I'll note the photographer and look at his shots.

Did you in the end select any night shot?

Can pm me what u send to them? It it's what I wanted I can translate it to trad Chinese and send over.. My translation skills are unfortunately better than my photography skills.. Hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by ricleo View Post
    can't really help you on what we communicated, as it depends on what they initially designed for you, then you make the changes.

of course you can take a look at their sample albums and tell them which style you prefer first.

what I did was to ask them to remove all the wordings they put in to the pages. Their english is not very good, full of typo, spelling mistakes, grammatical errors. I rather have no words in the album.
    Ok, i got what you mean.

I wouldnt want words in english too. If i could have my way, i rather have some in trad chinese.. for artistic and creativity sake..

Did you select any night shots?
    Alpha

out of the 25 spreads (1 spread = 2 portrait pages), I chose 2 spreads from the night shots, the rest all from the day time outdoor shoots.

if you want chinese words, i think it should not be a problem for them.

Ok, i got what you mean.

I wouldnt want words in english too. If i could have my way, i rather have some in trad chinese.. for artistic and creativity sake..

Did you select any night shots?

Quote Originally Posted by ricleo View Post
    out of the 25 spreads (1 spread = 2 portrait pages), I chose 2 spreads from the night shots, the rest all from the day time outdoor shoots.

if you want chinese words, i think it should not be a problem for them.
    I see.. I guess I have to go for the shoot before i know what can be done or what can be arranged right? as long as the service and photog are good then should be ok la..

The person who served me was nice.. I asked for a favour abt actual day and she agreed..
    Alpha

I see.. I guess I have to go for the shoot before i know what can be done or what can be arranged right? as long as the service and photog are good then should be ok la..

The person who served me was nice.. I asked for a favour abt actual day and she agreed..
    yup, the people at the studio are all nice and friendly like almost all taiwanese are.

perhaps you can hope that they have upgraded their equipment by the time you go over for the shoot. The boss was admiring my 5D2 and photographer was asking him to upgrade to canon full frame haha... when the lady boss came to SG she even ask me which shops to buy from in SG from funan for 5D2

Quote Originally Posted by ricleo

yup, the people at the studio are all nice and friendly like almost all taiwanese are.

perhaps you can hope that they have upgraded their equipment by the time you go over for the shoot. The boss was admiring my 5D2 and photographer was asking him to upgrade to canon full frame haha... when the lady boss came to SG she even ask me which shops to buy from in SG from funan for 5D2
    Hahaha.. Hopefully lor.. =P
    Alpha

Blur shots that made it into print and binded are not acceptable.

Anyway, if anyone of you wish recommendation can PM me, have an European friend based in TW and tagged to a famous bridal store there too, he shoot differently from the usual TW photogs, many celebrity clients, speak English, Chinese and several european language too.
    WTB Manfrotto RC4 L Bracket

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12