Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Checking around for photograhers..

Wah!!!!! gone for just a little while and so many post!!!!!
    Thanks catchlights and all who have reply in support of photographers doing TFP/TFCD.
    It is not uncommon for photographers to work with models or even make up artisan base on a TFP/TFCD basis. There're some pro photographers who are still doing it.
    For me, I need to update my portfolio from time to time. Doing TFP/TFCD also gives me a chance to experiment with diff. style, pose, lightings and most importantlly concept. It also give me an oppt. to work with the models as from time to time, I'll have clients who ask me to help them get a model and having work with them, I'll know what this model can do, her/his att. towards modelling and if I should recomend them as I prefer to work with someone I know.
    Catchlights
    Don't have to hold reflector lah. Next time I have a TFP/TFCD model shoot and she don't mind another photographer, I'll PM you OK , than maybe I'll hold the reflector for you

Quote Originally Posted by Phildate
    Wow, you own a studio and will still do model shoots for free!? You still need shots for your portfolio?

This just seems like another case of "You can come and shoot a beautiful girl for free and we get all the model portfolios done for free". It's not a fair deal in my opinion. What about time/costs/wear&tear??
    I wander if anyone will say it is not fair if, one day, a full time professional model says she'll model for you for free .

wow...
    thats alot of flaming going on... Let me try to do some answering before i go to sleep(its been 24 hours...)

Sorry about the "want free photos still wanna chose photographer stuff": Like catchlights say: yes, we don wish to be wasting the time of both models and photographers.

copyrights: err.... the pictures will belong to all: Models, photographers,make-up artist,etc... Models will be using this pictures for their com cards, and yes, can add in credit to photographers if you wish to as well.

At least I am not asking any one of you to pay. right?

ok..ok... I try to reply again later, go and sleep first.... too many question at one go, like kanna atomic bombing...

*Thanks alot to the guys who PM me, will get back to you asap.

Hi all,
    Understanding that everyone would like shooting models, see the response of the models shoots should know liao. Especially now got free one how can donít join?

So I find is perfectly all right that k220 or the models wish to select the photographers first even if it is TF/TPCD, is also up to you whether you want to offer your service or not.

Event if you call up model agency and tell them: Hey, you can send some models to my studio for test shoot. They will be willing to do this, but they must see WHO ARE YOU FIRST!

Smile

opening to inform the guys who had PM me.

Thank you very much for offering your help, I will try to give you an answer asap. Yes, will be giving you guys a call soon for a meet-up.

thanks again!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12